25- Captive

I rattle the bars again, looking at the lock. If I had anything to pick it with, I would be out of here by now, but they stripped us of everything except for our clothes. Jirou yawns in the cell to my right, stretching her arms out, and Kirishima is sitting in the corner to my left, trying to trigger his hardening again. "When are they gonna come back? I gotta piss." Kaminari says off to the left, staring at his feet. Tsu is twirling her hair into long twists and Iida is polishing his glasses over and over, before pacing in place. "I don't know, but I can't stay here like this, it's bad for my back." Momo whines, trying out yoga poses on a sleeping bag we were given. Deku and Uraraka are off to the right, both lost in thought, and Todoroki and his date are both staring off into the distance, tears streaming from the girl's face. Sero is slapping his elbows again, trying to kick in the tape effect, and Mina is rattling the bars lightly with me. I can't help but hate myself for letting Amari get roped into this. She may have never been sought out if not for me. I should have focused on protecting her, but instead, I just let my emotions get the better of me, just like I always have.

Shigaraki walks in slowly, with Dabi and Toga trailing behind him. It's like they can't do anything without each other. Shigaraki looks out at us, with a smug grin. If I had my quirk, I'd blow it straight off his face. Some of the rest of them perk up, and look out to them. Others continue with what they were doing. Regardless, he paces around the cells, slowly. "Good news for most of you. I've been told to let you go free, as you all were never our targets to begin with. Now... Here's how this is gonna go. You'll be knocked unconscious and taken to a remote location. Once we drop you off and our guards make it far, far away from the drop off location, you'll wake, with your stuff returned and your quirks working again. When you come to, you can try to find your way home, contact someone, whatever necessary to take you back where you came. Any questions?" He tilts his head, and Kaminari instantly replies. "Yeah, can I pee? I've been holding it." He whines. Toga giggles behind him and Shigaraki rolls his eyes. "You can figure that out when you gain consciousness. Bring them in." He nods to Dabi and Toga, who begin to approach the cells. Deku yells after him. "You're not going to get away with this! We're going to find you and hold you accountable, Shigaraki!" Reluctantly, he turns around. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, or you might not make it home."

The same figures from a few days ago come and raise their hands towards everyone one by one. "Todoroki, what's gonna happen to us?" Todoroki's date cries out, and he sighs. "We're going to be okay, Cheville." He reassures, before a set of figures approaches them, holding out their hands. Immediately, Todoroki and Cheville are knocked unconscious. "What the hell? Todoroki, are you- hey! What do you think you're doing?" Iida protests before also being knocked out. I hear Tsu sniffle and Uraraka protest with "wait!" My gaze meets Kirishima's as figures approach him and Mina. "Stay safe, Katsuki." He says seriously before dropping unconscious. Mina covers her face before dropping to the ground. Sero and Kaminari look on in horror. They protest for a second, but as soon as the figure raises their hands, they drop to the floor, unconscious. Once unconscious, Dabi and Toga tie their hands and send them off with other figures, who grab them and walk out the door. One by one, my classmates were rendered unconscious, tied up, and taken away. All I can do is rattle the bars and yell. "Hey, what the fuck are you doing? Leave them alone!" I yell out. I'm ignored, to which I get angered even more. They're gonna hear me. "Stop! Leave them alone, now!" I shake the bars more aggressively, trying to protest. "You won't get away with this!" Deku yells out at Dabi and Toga before turning to me. "No matter what happens now, we WILL find Amari. We'll save her, Kacchan, and get you out, too." Before I can respond, he, too, is rendered unconscious  "You fucking bastards, listen to me!" I yell out. 

When the last figure takes Deku, I'm left alone with Dabi and Toga. "Where are they taking them?" I yell out. "Come on, Bakugou. You heard Shigaraki, they're going to a remote location." Dabi rolls his eyes, heading out the door. "Wait, damn it! You can't just leave me here! How are they going to get home with their hands tied?" I yell after him. "They'll be just fine. They're gonna have their quirks back by then." Dabi says before exiting. "Damn it, get back here!" I yell again. Toga gets up and begins to leave. "You! Where the hell is Amari?" She giggles and looks over at me. "Don't worry about your little girlfriend, she's not our problem anymore. But we have much more planned for you." She laughs maniacally, skipping out the door, knife in hand. "Who has her!!" I yell. No response. "Where is she??! Toga, Dabi, get back here, dammit! Shigaraki!!"

I hear my voice echo the room, once filled with everyone else. I remember the fear in their eyes and voices. The horror from today and the day at the gym. My skin heats up, but I can't make any explosions from the sweat. It's infuriating to feel so weak. I'm in here alone, powerless, with no way out, no quirk, and no one coming to save me for the foreseeable future. Amari is undoubtedly in the same situation, if not worse, and I can't even save her. Her pleads for help echo through my head, and I slide myself to the ground, feeling my eyes well with tears.

How did this happen again? Why am I so weak?

I should have protected her.