12-The Pros

"Hey, hothead. How nice of you to drop in on us here." Shigaraki says, getting up and away from me and going towards Bakugou. "What's the meaning of all this, Shigaraki? You've been in hiding for months, and you show up over at the house of the same student you kidnapped years ago. Why did you think this was a good idea?" Midoriya yelled, and I was taken aback at his seriousness. My eyes met Bakugou's, and I knew he saw my hear because his face fell and then immediately tensed up into anger. "You made the worst mistake of your life coming here." Bakugou says quietly, and I feel shivers down my spine.

" Bakugou says quietly, and I feel shivers down my spine

"It's over, Shigaraki

"It's over, Shigaraki. You came out of hiding for the last time!" A female voice says behind us, I whip my head around, and several Pro Heroes are in the doorway, including the likes of Hawks, Midnight,
and Mirko. Even Endeavor, the number one hero, showed up. Bakugou and Midoriya look over at Shigaraki, every ounce of fear gone, only anger in their eyes. Endeavor's fiery hair whipped and whirled around him. Midnight's usually sultry face was serious, and her dark hair framed her face. Mirko's doe-like eyes were pointed in a furrow. And Hawks, who was usually laid back, was seen with a frown.

Endeavor starts to approach Shigaraki, as do Bakugou and Midoriya. I listen in on the other heroes conversation. "What's Shigaraki even doing over here anyways? Creeping on college kids?"
"Mirko, that's the kid he kidnapped. He's obviously trying to take him again." "What's so special about that kid anyways?" "He was top of his class, and he fits the aggressive nature that the League looks for, I suppose." Suddenly, Shigaraki poofs away. Endeavor, Midoriya, and Bakugou all look around in confusion, and the other heroes stop their conversation. Just then, the rest of the students burst in, led by Kirishima. "Hey, they all just... poofed on us!" He explains. "I see. So Shigaraki and his cronies fled. What a pain." Endeavor booms. "I've already appointed Hawks here to protect this house for the night. Why don't you kids all go home and get some rest?" He walks over to Todoroki. "And you should be home before me, Shoto." Todoroki gives him a scowl and the heros go outside, conversing in the street.

"Dammit!" Bakugou yells, ripping his gauntlets off and slamming his bedroom door behind him. I look over, worried, and Kirishima helps me up. "Don't worry, just give him some time, he'll be alright." He flashes his sharp smile and I smile back weakly. The other students awkwardly make their way out of the house. "I should really be getting home..." I say, but realize Bakugou was still in his room. I walked up slowly and knocked on the door, cracking it open. "Kirishima, I'm fine, just leave me be." He said, back facing me. "Too bad I'm not Kirishima." I laugh. He turns around and looks at me, a little shocked. "I'm so sorry you had to go through this, Amari. Are you alright?" I smile. "Yeah, but you should probably take me home, I don't wanna get yoked up by a villain again." He flashes a grin and hops up, still in his hero outfit, minus the gauntlets.

We were mostly silent on the way home, and I tried to crack jokes that weren't really helping the mood. "Hey, Bakugou?" I ask him. He turns to look at me, his black mask providing a stark contrast to his red eyes. "What's up?" "Were you... scared?" I look at my feet as I walked and he sighed. "I was pissed off more than anything, especially when he tried to come at you." He sounded upset. "He said something weird to me. He knew my name but not how my quirk worked. And he said me and you had the potential to be his adversaries." I looked over at him, a confused look on his face. "Just cuz I get mad doesn't mean I wanna run around with those assholes. And I can't imagine why he'd go after you either. He's deranged. But I won't let it happen again." He looks me in the eyes again, the warmth feeling a little different than before. "I won't leave you alone again, Amari. If anyone tries anything with you, they'll die at my hands."

We walk up to my doorstep, and he gives me a sheepish smile. "So, maybe we'll stick to hanging out at school for now." I laugh. He gives me a smile and scratches the back of his head. Suddenly, a wave of relief rushes over me as I realize what just happened, and I throw myself into his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He stands there for a second before looping his arms around me, his hands holding my head. After a minute, I break away, and he looks at me, a bit confused. "I'm just glad you're okay." I say, wiping away tears. He smiles. "Text me later?" I laugh a little, and give a small sniffle. "Yeah. I will." I wave goodbye as I enter the apartment.

"Amari?"

"Yes, Mom?"

"I'm glad you're okay, dear. How was your time?"

"It was great, Mom."