14- Midterms

The next few weeks fly by. It's filled with homework from both classes, and lots of hours of studying. I tried to balance my time between the two friend groups. They seem to get along fine in each other's presence, but they don't traditionally mix, other than Mina and Uraraka. I feel it definitely has a lot to do with Bakugou and Midoriya's rivalry. But by the time the midterms come, I've had time to become good friends with them, and all the others, too. Bakugou hasn't really had a big outburst since the day we met. But both him and Midoriya make me feel guilty whenever I choose one over the other, which is why I wanted everyone to mix, since we're all friends anyways, right?

The test days creep towards me. When I walk into Bio class, we all have assigned seats by last name, Midoriya seated in front of me, and Sero behind me. Mina and Bakugou are all the way up at the front and to the left, and Todoroki and Uraraka sit at the very back. We open the test, and thankfully, the questions look mostly understandable. I answer them quickly, and turn in my test, waiting for everyone else to be done. When everyone is done, we move on to Hero History, where everyone is seated similarly. This test is a little harder, but I end up finishing nonetheless. Everyone waits in the cafeteria, waiting for the results to come back to see if we passed and got the dance.

Cementoss and All Might enter, with a clipboard in each hand. All of the indistinct chatter ceases, and everyone turns their attention. "Hello, all. Your wait is finally over." Cementoss states, flipping through his clipboard. Time stands still as we try to see if everyone passed. "For my class, Biology, the midterm results are as follows. The number of students who passed..." he trails off. "Is 100%." A couple people take a sigh of relief and I smile. "My class had a bit of a harder test, so let's take a look at those results." A couple people around the room, including Kaminari, looked sort of concerned. "The number of students who passed my exam is also at 100%!" All Might cheers, and everyone breathes a sigh of relief. Everyone smiles widely, and I look over at Bakugou, who gives me a lighthearted smile.

"So that means..." Uraraka starts, "Yes, that means you all are getting a dance, specifically for your class level." Cementoss continued. There's slight cheering and Bakugou rolls his eyes playfully at my excitement. "A select handful of students are in charge of planning this. Both me and Cementoss selected two students to form the four that will plan the event." All Might says. "My choices are Tenya Iida and Mina Ashido." Cementoss smiles. "I'll be sure to keep the order in check!" Iida yells. "And I'll bring the fun!" Mina smiles. "My picks..." All Might booms, "Are Izuku Midoriya and Amari Natsuko!" Immediately, Bakugou's face falls into an annoyed frown. Midoriya looks at me and smiles. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him shoot Bakugou a cocky grin.

I can already tell this is gonna cause some shit to go down.