32- Regal

"Your power is so cool, Amari! Do you think you'll be able to give me a quirk, too?" Carmen says, sitting in the doorway. "I'm sure if I can give Soul a new quirk, I can give you one as well." I reassure her. I get a little bit of joy out of supporting Carmen. She's so young, and despite everything that's happened to her, she's still bubbly and full of hope since she's entrusted me with her story. I wonder if she could sense good in me, or if she has a hidden power she knows nothing about. She deserves a quirk more than anyone else does, with all the craziness that she's been through. I see Soul approach from behind her, wearing her floor length gown again. "It warms my heart to see you two get along so well. You both are very dear to me, you know." She smiles and Carmen scooches out of the doorway, letting Soul in.

"Amari, I come with better news. Since you have done so well and have been so receiving of our plan, I have decided it is only fair for you to get to roam the house." I feel excitement bubble up within me. The little glimpses I've gotten between rooms and doors has been a dream, and now I'm finally going to be able to explore this beautiful house! "Now, there are guards at the doors, of course, and there are only specific time frames that you can enjoy time in the yard, but I have also decided that you have proven yourself worthy of being able to wield your quirk. I will provide pens and paper to you, with which you can use as you please." She's letting me use my quirk again? Carmen looks at me, a huge grin on her face. "That means you can teach me to write, Amari!" She exclaims. I laugh lightly and Soul smiles. "You two are a truly amazing pair. Now, let me give you the tour." She steps out of the room, giving me enough room to squeeze out. Carmen follows close behind.

"Now, your room is at the end of the hall, as you can see. Directly across from it is the room in which the cell is. That room stays locked, and is empty now that you have moved out, so you will not be able to go in there, but that's the worst room of the house anyways." She gestures to a door to my right, opening it. "This here, is Carmen's room. You'll be able to find her here if she isn't in the yard." There's a whole bunch of cute trinkets all over, and the walls are painted a light purple, with a fluffy, white rug by her bed. She closes Carmen's room and gestures to another door, just down the hall. "This room is my bedroom." Soul says, opening the door. The room is huge and very regal and sophisticated, with lots of black and gold. Pops of emerald green line the room, and a bear fur rug lines the floor by her bed. She closes the door and opens the door that leads to the basement.

"These are the stairs, you know these. If this door is locked, it means you should stay in your room or with Carmen. For the most part, this door stays unlocked." She points up the stairs. "That leads to the attic, which we will explore a different day. These stairs lead downstairs, as you know." We walk down the stairs, and there's another door, with more stairs stretching to the basement. Soul opens the other door, which leads into the living area, and a door at the end, where a guard stands. "There's a large kitchen off to the side, but for your safety, only the guards enter. They cook our meals." She explains as we walk past the kitchen door. She motions over to the other end of the downstairs hall, where a large glass door sits. "This is the door to the yard, but unfortunately, the time window for yard time has passed. Carmen can show you tomorrow." Carmen giggles, "I love the garden out there, we should go out together tomorrow!"

"Now, you two may roam more if you feel like it, I have business to attend to, but I will be back in time for dinner. Enjoy the house, Amari. I hope you will be able to feel at home with us." She smiles and leans over, kissing my forehead. She leans down and kisses Carmen too, who looks up at her and smiles. She heads towards the door, nodding to the guard who steps aside. She slides out the door, smiling back at us once before the guard closes it behind her, taking his stance once again. "So, where do you wanna go, Amari?" Carmen says, an excited look on her face. "Honestly, we can just chill in the living area for now, if that's alright with you." I begin to walk towards the large, red couch, and look around, realizing everything is just as extra and regal as Soul's personality. You can tell that she came from a rich family with the way she decorates. I plop down, falling into soft plush. Carmen sits up next to me, and pulls over a plush blanket.

"Hey Amari?"
"Yeah, what's up Carmen?"
"You know how you were saying that maybe Soul could adopt me?"
"Yeah?"
"I think it could work out well."
"You think so?"
"Yeah, because then you would be my sister."