36- Safety, Part 1

"Jirou, what do you hear?"
"Nothing, Mirko. It seems they're already gone for now. There's no telling how long they've been out, though, so we'll have to be quick."
"Understood. Mirio, do you have a visual?"
"I haven't been able to find him above ground, should I try to find him below ground level?"
"Yes, but just stick your head around and make sure no one's in hiding."
"Alright."
...
"Mirko, there's a room with a huge tank, I think he might be in it. Should I check it out?"
"... yes, just be very careful."

~~

Floating in the tank with my arms and legs pinned down by weights has drained my energy even more than it's already been diminished. I'm tired of this treatment. If she's gonna threaten me with Amari, she might as well pull me out and ask me to join again already. She knows I can't say no. When I get my quirk back, I'll be able to get out of whatever they're having me do, and that'll be the end of it. I'll find Amari, and be through with it. Suddenly, I see something drop in my peripheral. I look up and see someone faceplanted into the floor. They get up, and I realize it's Mirio, the upperclassman. He approaches the bubble and says something, but I can't hear it. I try to yell "help me" but am unsure if he heard me. He says something else again before motioning for me to wait. He runs out and I try to yell after him. I use as much of my strength as I have to try to bang on the bubble, but I just can't raise my arms high enough.

As I stare at the room through the bubble, I wonder who is with him to get me. Any high profile heroes, Deku, maybe even Amari? Upon wondering, I see Kirishima run into the room and his eyes widen. I try to yell out to him and he makes his way up the stairs to the side of the tank. The latch opens and I can hear again, and the sensation overwhelms my head as Kirishima reaches into the tank and splashes around, trying to pull me up. "I'm gonna get you out of here, Bakugou!" He pulls my arms and struggles and I motion to the weights. Without hesitation, he hops in the hatch, and I see him swim down, and begin to undo the weights.

Once they're off, I begin to float to the top. Kirishima lifts himself through the hatch. "Hang on, Bakugou, I'm getting you." He says, and grabs me, pulling me out of the tank, ripping the mask off my face. My limbs feel like jello and my head begins swimming with the noise, a faint hum and sloshing water, Kirishima's shaky breaths and my own breath, a sound I hadn't heard in a while. "What did they do to you, Bakugou?" He says, tears dropping from his eyes as he scans my body. "A lot." I choke out, feeling odd hearing the sound of my own voice again. I try to push myself up but my arms aren't strong enough. Damn it. The rest of my friends come running in, and they rush towards me too, followed by Mirko and Hawks, but Amari isn't here.

"Oh my god." Mina says and covers her mouth with her hands. Kaminari stares wide eyed, and Sero is looking around the room, a pensive expression on his face. "Where's Amari? Did you save Amari?" I ask them. Their faces turn down and Mirko reassures me. "We had to get you first, as Amari is in a more... complicated situation." Kirishima stands up from the floor where he grabbed me, and takes a position next to me as the others grow nearer. "The mission to get her will be underway shortly, but we need to get you back to receive medical attention." Hawks explains. I try to stand again but don't have the strength to, making me frustrated. "Please, we have to go save her, they're doing terrible things to her over there." I plead, and Kirishima helps me up. "Bakugou, you're not exactly in fighting shape. Let's just get you home for now." Sero tells me, as he helps Kirishima help me off the floor and out of the room. I wish I had it in me to help her, because I would have already been on my way by now. Maybe they can help me and I can rush and save her. Hesitant but weak, I agree, and they walk me out to head home.

~~~

Me, Soul, and Carmen are sitting around the table playing a board game, when a guard approaches, and speaks for the first time. "Soul, the tank has been breached. The hostage has left the premises, and our sources believe they are on the way to you." They say in a deep robotic voice. I look at Carmen and Soul, who has a nervous expression on her face. "Amari, this is important. Heroes are headed this way, as they still think we're villains. They're going to try to separate our family, but it's just because they don't understand us. We have to hurry." She says, and stands up, motioning to the door. "Guards, do not let anyone in." She says sternly. They nod, and assume their positions. We rush up the stairs, Carmen following. "We're finally going to see the attic." Soul says, as she fumbles with keys and opens the door. There's a pedestal in the middle, with a viewing platform to the back. We rush in and Soul quickly locks the door.

"Amari, the only way they will leave us be is if you do a pain and injury transfer." Soul says. "A what?" I ask, clearly confused. She kneels to my level. "You need to manifest that any pain or injury delivered to me will be applied to you. That way, they won't harm us, and we can convince them of my innocence. They won't allow you to be hurt." She explains. I'm taken aback, but hearing the seriousness in her voice makes me feel like I have to. This is my mother, after all. If they hurt me, I can just manifest that the injury goes away anyways. I pull out my notebook from my belt and quickly write. "Any pain or injury sustained by Soul will be transferred to me." Another rush of energy flows out, and I can tell it worked.

"I hope we can convince them."