44- Seven Minutes

I look around at the circle, seeing how much it's already shrank. Denki, Sero, Todoroki, Uraraka, Momo, Midoriya, Kirishima, Bakugou. Who is this spinner going to land on? I flick the spinner, watching it spin a few times before landing on... "Kirishima?" I say, looking to my left, over at him. His sharp teeth emerge in a smirk, and his redness returns. "Can't catch a break today, huh?" He asks, with a hint of nervousness. We both look back over at Bakugou, who bursts out laughing. "Just don't get touchy, Red." He says hoarsely, a slight smile remaining on his face. We turn back to each other, and he brings his face close to mine. His breath is hitched, and I take one last look at his eyes of worry before I shut them and lean in, pressing my lips to his. We kiss for the timer amount, and then pull away. His gaze shifts down to my lips before looking back into my eyes, when everyone erupts with laughter. We laugh, and I feel my face heat as he stands up and sits on the couch, facing the kitchen, away from the action.

"Hey, at least this is my last damn kiss." Bakugou slurs, and flicks the spinner. It whizzes around before landing on Momo. Bakugou looks up at her, and a few "oo"s erupt from Mina and Jirou. "Alright, time to taste luxury." Bakugou says, rolling his eyes as Momo approaches. They kiss, and Momo pulls away and sits on the couch while Bakugou sits in a chair behind me, ruffling my hair. I smile nervously as I wonder who now will kiss me and set me out of the game. Denki spins and it lands on Sero. "Oh, shit. Sorry, ladies." He says, and kisses Sero immediately, causing him shock. They kiss until the timer beeps, and laugh lightly together after. Sero spins and it does an exact reverse of what it did before, landing on Denki. Sero lets out a sigh as Denki puckers his lips. We share a couple laughs as Denki bombards Sero with several small kisses until the timer goes off, before relaxing on the couch.

Todoroki, Uraraka, or Midoriya. I'll have to kiss one of you now. I'd really hoped I would spin Bakugou, or he'd spin me. Maybe during truth or dare... Todoroki is next, and he lazily flicks it, making it land on Uraraka. She laughs and they join each other to kiss again. As they kiss, I come to a realization. Uraraka got Todoroki at the beginning, didn't she? Which means there's only two more of us. Uraraka seems to notice too, as when she sets her sights in the couch, she lightly gasps and looks back at me and Midoriya. They make their way to the couch and whispers are tossed around the room as me and Midoriya face each other, the spinner sitting still between us. Midoriya reaches for the spinner and Mina stops him. "I hate to remind you, but nobody spun and landed on you, Midoriya. Which means the last kiss has to be-" "seven minutes in heaven?" We say in unison. His eyes shift over to Bakugou, who sighs harshly and crosses his arms. "Rules are rules, bastard." He says to Midoriya.

Mina opens the closet door, motioning for us to come. Midoriya and I stand up, and he lets me go in first. We sit on the storage bench inside the closet, and Mina sets the timer, holding her phone up to show it before shutting the door, leaving us mostly in darkness. His breath is light, and he clears his throat quickly, shifting his body towards me. "Midoriya, can I ask you something?" I ask him, looking over at his barely lit silhouette. "Sure, Amari. What's up?" He says, hushed. "What's your problem with Bakugou?" His breathing hitches and he sighs before answering. "I... well, I selfishly wanted to get back at him for everything he's done to me, everything he's said to me in our childhood. It got way out of control, I got out of control. I never even really wanted bad blood, I just wanted to feel... satisfied. Like justice had been served. But that feeling never came. I'm sorry you got roped into my mistake."

I reflect for a little while before speaking again. "What did he even do or say to you as a kid?" I ask, realizing I have no idea what happened between them outside of what Bakugou's told me. I really should have asked Midoriya sooner. "I was born without a quirk. In the little town that me and Kacchan grew up in, his quirk was the most impressive in our age group. At that age, I wanted nothing more than to finally get my quirk, so that I could prove that I could be a hero, which would prove him wrong. But unfortunately, it came all too late. Kacchan let the praise get to his head, and for some reason, I threatened everything he knew about heroism. He... hated me for some reason. Nobody here knows how he treated me in his childhood. They only know him in high school, when I had already gained my quirk, and his attitude only changed slightly. That is, until he opened up." He shifts a bit towards the door, pulling his legs up to his chest and wrapping his arms around them. He rests his head on his knees and looks over at me, the sliver of light hitting and bouncing off his green eyes. Tears begin pouring from his eyes, and before long, he breaks into a sob.

Worried, my eyes fly open fully, and he continues sobbing. I put my arms around him and he stays in the exact position he was in, his body shaking and his breath hitching as he sobs uncontrollably. "I'm sorry, Midoriya." I whisper, resting my hand on his green waves as his cries begin to quiet. "There's so much more," he starts, his voice quivering, "It was you too, Amari. I had known once you became friends with him that you'd choose him over me. I just wanted to be the one you chose, but I knew that someone as amazing as you would go for the obviously better choice." He admits, shifting his gaze up towards me. "Midoriya, we never talked about anything. Why couldn't we just talk? I never liked the way you guys cliqued up, that's the whole reason we planned this party. I'm not 'picking' a side, you're all my friends." He sniffles lightly, letting out a pained sigh afterwards. "Yeah, but only one of us is your boyfriend." He smiles, although his eyes and words show his true emotions. "Midoriya..." I trail off. I don't know what to say. It had almost slipped my mind that he was interested in me.

"Listen, I love Uraraka more than I ever thought imaginable. She truly is an amazing girl, and I wish I could ignore my heart, to be truly happy with her. But everything leads back to you, Amari. You don't have to defend your choice, either. I just hope that Kacchan is truly a different person now, because I would hate to see you hurt by his words and actions. He's unpredictable. At least, he is as I knew him." He lets his legs go, and we sit for a moment in silence before the closet door swings open, Mina standing on the other side, phone in hand.

"Seven minutes are up!"