39- First Day Back

The suite is filled with life as we all scramble to get ready for class. I only moved in yesterday morning, so its my first time really experiencing the morning routines. Denki woke up first, and got ready before everyone else started to wake up. Sero was in his room until Denki finished breakfast, when he and Mina both came out to eat. Mina hogged the bathroom while Kirishima and Bakugou woke to eat, and then it's a free for all to getting the bathroom after that. Its still a bit bittersweet to be here, especially after packing all of my stuff from my old apartment with my mom. I wondered if her death was gruesome, or painless. I hoped, for her sake, that it was the latter.

Eventually, we all get finished up. I start to put my coat on and Denki and Sero fly out the door, keys in hand. Mina's winter boots clap on the wood floors and she runs back to the bathroom. Kirishima exits his room and knocks on Bakugou's door a couple of times before heading out the door as well. I finish getting my boots on and Mina flies out the bathroom. "Bakugou, let's GO!" She yells out, walking past me. "Alright!" He yells back, coming out of his room, with a huge burnt orange bomber jacket over a black hoodie. He runs a hand through his messy, blonde hair and smiles when he sees me, waiting at the door. "Hey, how'd the first morning go?" I roll my eyes and laugh. "Only the most hectic morning I've ever had in my life." He grabs my hand and his hand warms mine instantly. "Better get used to it, we're a pretty crazy bunch." "Amari, Bakugou, we're leaving!" Mina yells out again. We look at each other, about to laugh, and head out to the car.

Now that Sero has pulled the car around, I can see how much nicer it is than the one they had before. This one is obviously a much larger vehicle, and the shine on the black exterior is almost criminal. The car is a 7 seater, which allows us to all fit, since the old car only had 5 seats. Mina and Kirishima sit in the middle, and Denki is in the passenger seat while Sero drives. "It was a gift to Bakugou from Endeavor's agency. Man, he really wants you at his agency, Kats." Kirishima notes as we enter the back. Bakugou scoffs as he buckles his seatbelt. "He'll have to try a lot harder than that to recruit me. I'd never leave Mirko's agency, he should know that by now. But I'll take the free car." His low voice echoes in the car as Sero pulls off.

"So our classes seem to be structured the same as they were last semester." Mina says as we exit the car and walk up to the campus again. Seeing the school again is almost surreal, after everything that happened. "Damn, when are we gonna get some variety? I don't mind the same people but I'd love some fresh faces now and again." Denki complains. The bus stops behind us and students file out, sending a shudder through my body. Bakugou grabs my hand again as he exits. "How are you?" He asks, lightly tracing my hand with his fingers. His red eyes burn with concern and I smile naturally. "I'm doing okay, just trying to get back to some form of normalcy." We follow the rest of the group towards the room and get quite a shock when Eraserhead stands in front of us. "Holy shit, Eraserhead's here?" Sero mutters. "I think he's the professor." Denki counters in a hushed voice. We find seats over close to the front, and me and Bakugou sit beside each other. He takes his bag and jacket off, revealing a plan black shirt with a skull on it. Looking at him made me blush. His soft yet crazy hair, his intense eyes, the way his shirt hugs him...

"Amari?" He asks, and I realize his eyebrows in a furrow, looking at my face. I laugh a little, and apologize quietly. He laughs louder, and before long we're chuckling with each other. I suddenly appreciate being able to have this again, and as we quiet down and Eraserhead begins, the only thoughts on my mind are being wrapped in his arms. "Hello, class. You may know me as Eraserhead, but in this class, you can call me Aizawa. I'll be teaching Villain Psychology, as you all know." He begins with a lecture, and passes the syllabi around. I doodle as he speaks about the class, catching glances at Bakugou. He's mostly unfocused, but sometimes catches me glancing at him and flashes a little smile.

As class wraps up, we head out of the large classroom. Mina and Kirishima lead the rest of us to our other class of the day, and we walk in to see Hawks standing at the front. "Damn, are they paying the heroes enough these days or what?" Denki laughs. Suddenly, a red feather flies and smacks Denki in the head. "Don't make assumptions." Hawk's smug voice echoes the room, and all eyes plaster to Denki, who awkwardly shuffles in the door. Syllabi sit at each desk, and me and Bakugou enter together, before we're all interrupted by Hawks again. "We're actually gonna get some assigned seats, so don't get too comfy." He smiles. Bakugou groans and I try to reassure him. "It'll be alright, its just the one class." He crosses his arms, shooting a glare at the young hero in front of the class. "I know, but group based classes always suck." As all the students arrive, Hawks points them all to the back of the room. After a couple of minutes, he goes around the room calling names for assigned seating. Each seat was in a group of 3. He gets to the 5th group before calling, "Amari Natsuko" I head to my seat, giving Bakugou an encouraging smile as he calls the other names. "Bakugou Katsuki." A grin plasters on his face as he walks over and sits next to me. "As long as I can sit with you, this might not be so bad."

"Izuku Midoriya."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"