15- Confusion

Bakugou quickly looks over at me, and I see a hint of sadness before his face whips around and he storms off. Kirishima and Kaminari run after him, and Sero shrugs his shoulders before joining them. I get up to go see what's wrong, but Mina stops me. "Wait, Amari. Give him a second. I'm pretty sure it would be bad if we tried to go over there. Kiri will tell me what happens after anyways." I sigh, and the cafeteria begins to clear out. "Alright, we should discuss our ideas for the dance in the library!" Iida shouts, and Midoriya comes over. "Yeah, let's head there!" He grins widely. I pick up my bag and Mina gives me a weird look before getting up with me.

The library looked like your run-of-the-mill bookshelves with scattered tables in between them. A single receptionist sat at the desk, and there were already a few older kids studying, probably for their midterms, later this week. We sit down at the table in the left most corner of the back of the library. Iida pulls out a stack of note paper and a pen. Midoriya sits next to him, and Mina and I sit across from them. "So, what's our ideas so far? Iida, I believe Cementoss put you on the committee because of your dedication to following the school rules, and I believe he also chose you, Mina, because you're such a fun person and know how to have a good time." They both nod. "I have no idea why All Might would choose me, though." "Probably because you can make all the ideas come to life with a pencil and paper!" Midoriya offers.

"Well, I suggest a formal, clean dance. No music that's too much, no attire that isn't appropriate, and no crazy dancing. Keeping the music low, everyone's voices low-" Iida starts, but Mina cuts him off. "No way! This is a school dance, not the princess ball. We need a DJ, a confetti dance floor, and loud music to dance to!" She insists. They go back and forth for a while and I offer an idea of my own. "Guys, why don't we just... combine the two? It doesn't have to be black and white. We can have a DJ that plays music at a reasonable volume, we can set the dress style to a more formal style, and do it like a homecoming in high school." They look a little hesitant but smile. "Alright!" They agree.

"Midoriya, you haven't said much. I wonder what made All Might put you on the committee." Mina says, and he gets a nervous look on his face. I think he knows why, but isn't it supposed to stay a secret? "Yeah, I'm not sure either." He says. "I wonder if people are starting to ask each other to the dance yet..." he trails off, his eyes meeting mine and immediately darting away. I look at Mina and she looks back at me, too. "So, let's get into the details!" She says. Quickly, we plan the theme, the decor, all the songs, and even some fun activities, too. "Hey, I think Uraraka is waiting for us to go home. We can text more about this later." Mina says, grabbing my arm and tugging me out. "Yeah, bye guys!" I say. I get a quick "shh" from the librarian as we leave.

Uraraka was waiting right outside of the library. "Hey, did you tell-" she starts, and Mina cuts her off. "Not here, let's get on the bus." What was that all about? We continue to walk outside, and we wait at the stop for the next bus. "So, what were you trying to say, Uraraka? And why are you dodging it, Mina?" I ask, confused. Uraraka starts. "Deku was texting me about the planning, and I guess I wasn't the only one getting texts." Mina nods. "Kirishima got back to me about what happened with Bakugou." She exhales. "Okay..?" I implore. "Well, here's the thing, Amari. They both have the same date in mind for the dance." My eyebrows narrow, but right before Mina continued, I understand.

"It's me, isn't it?"