30

"From the top," the room was filled with heavy breathing and the smell of sweat was sticking to the walls. But no matter how tired they had been, the practice would not end until it was perfect.

"Okay, and a five, six, seven, eight, " the music resonated through the practice room yet no matter how loud it had been. Donghyuck could hear his heart thumping in his ears. He analyzed his movements in the mirror in front of him. Eyes calculating how in sync he had been with the rest. Making sure he angled his arms at the specific degree that had been assigned by the choreographer.

He slid across the floor smoothly, finding the center to which he almost effortlessly sang his lines.

"Show off, " Mark teased the younger when they had switched positions. Mark resorting to mumbling the lyrics since he didn't have to sing them out loud.

He croached down to the floor, following the rehearsed hand gestures he was meant to do before staring at the satisfied smile of their choreographer.

"Well done boys. That's it for today. Make sure to eat well and get rest. Tomorrow we practice even harder, " a series of tired goodbyes were shared as the silence was interrupted by their loud panting. Various members sprawled all across the floor in exhaustion.

The youngest member passed a hand through his hair. It had been newly dyed and just like months before started to go past his eyebrows. He momentarily closed his eyes, a tired attempt to take a quick nap.

Doyoung tapped his leg and silently passed him a water bottle. He slowly rose and chugged it.

The ringing of Mark's phone interrupted the silence. Donghyuck already knew who it was. It was a daily thing. Either one of the twins would call one another during the day to catch up. Everyone thought it was cute but for some reason Donghyuck was annoyed.

The last time he had talked to Aera, she had slept at the dream dorm. Her cries making him worry over the girl who was sleeping in the room next door. He knew she had been going through a hard time but he received nothing. No text or call. No update on her or her friend's well-being. And sure enough, she had been well enough to give Mark daily calls.

He respected the fact that her brother came first. But what about him?

The boy got up and left the practice room. Making his way towards the bathroom where he splashed water on his face. He dunked his head under the tap and let the water coat his hair. This ought to wake him up.

He once again made his way towards the practice room but froze at the series of voices inside.

"You guys stink," said a voice he knew all too well. She was here! Hesitating to enter he could already feel his heart accelerating. Ringing in his ears in a whole different way than the way practice caused.

"What's with the surprise?" Mark's voice could be heard saying.

"Cant I just want to see my brother, " Donghyuck cursed his monolingual skills. Giving his hair one last shake to try and dry it a bit more, he entered the room. All eyes falling at his arriving figure.

"Did you fall in the toilet?" Johnny joked to which the others laughed along. Aera couldn't laugh at that moment. Just the sight of him there reminding her of DongSe's words.

"I was a nervous wreck all the time, " he had said. He almost smiled softly at the memory. She had been listening intently.

Why am I so nervous? He hasn't even said a word. She thought.

Aera was so awe-struck by his presence that she failed to realize how rude she had been. He sent her a quick nod of acknowledgment to which she snapped out of her thought and awkwardly smiled back with a nod.

Donghyuck did not let his face waiver. Keeping a stone-cold bored expression in hopes of making her somehow take the initiative to approach him. He hoped she cared enough to wonder why he was being so dry.

But she had been busy in conversation with Mark. Both blabbing in English to which left no room for him to eavesdrop. His skills only allowing him to understand single words from the full sentences shared.

"Why so serious?" Johnny nudged his roommate. Somehow already putting the pieces together based on his months of analyzing the two who sat on opposite ends of the room.

"Just thinking, " As much as the older knew his hunch was right. He did not want to pressure the boy into confessing anything that he did not want to unwillingly.

"Don't overthink, just do it, " Donghyuck side-eyed the older with a smirk forming on his lips. He let a single stiffed chuckle escape his lips at how unknowingly relevant his advice had been in his situation.

Everyone was worn out by the hard day of practice they had to go through. The members all jittery for the upcoming performances and events they'd have to attend.

"The last one shuts the lights," Yuta said as he exited the room. Slowly everyone following the elder in hopes of finding themselves in the comfort of their beds.

Donghyuck waited for some kind of response or approach from the girl but it never came. He believed that for a moment she had stayed behind. Unfortunately being dragged away by her brother who volunteered to escort her to the exit.

He made sure to switch the lights off. Aimlessly scrolling through his phone to distract the loud thoughts in his mind.

"Donghyuck," he looked up towards the awaiting elevator. The doors waiting for him to enter. Was he going crazy? He had heard someone say his name.

"Over here idiot," sure enough. Aera held the door that led towards the stairs. Her eyes sparkle under the light and a small smile gracing her lips. Just the sight sped his heart.

Once he had reached her, she pulled him towards the stairs and closed the door.

"How's your friend?" She smiled, somewhat grateful that he kept it in mind. It showed that he truly did listen and pay mind to the things she said.

"Recovering. Slowly but still getting there,"

Aera had been the one to pull him. She had one thing that she wanted to express. However, preplanning was always easier than delivering.

"Donghyuck," she had said it so sudden that he locked eyes with her.

This could be ending in two ways for the boy. Either in a great heartfelt confession or a terrible rejection that she would try to say without hurting his feelings.

"You.. you're music!" She pointed a finger at his face. His eyes crossing to stare at the accusing finger he didn't quite understand was being pointed at him.

"Well, you're like Fantaisie Impromptu. I like that piece. But it's a strong like not a love,"

She stared at the floor in thought. She was certain she liked him, but somehow hesitated when she thought of the word 'love'.

"What are you-" a finger was held up yet again, silencing his question.

"Let me finish before I lose track of what I'm trying to say," he nodded, seeing the persistence in her eyes.

"Lee Donghyuck... I- I like you. A lot. I don't know what'll happen but I wanted you to know. Okay.. now I go," he was frozen in place. Sharing in pure shock and still processing the words that left her lips.

"Aria!" He shouted at her retrieving figure that was quickly hurrying down the stairs. He had not registered in his mind the events that had just unfolded and how he had to go after the girl.

However, the boy did register the racing of his heart. His palm was placed over his chest and he could feel it. The loud and rapid movement of his heart felt like it was seconds from exploding.

Lee Aera had just confessed, and she felt the same!