33

Donghyuck had spent his whole morning on the tenth floor. Finding free time in his schedule to casually hang and play with the members as they did ever so often.

"Do you like my sister?" Mark asked the younger male.

Donghyuck choked on air. The Canadian waited for his answer with calculating eyes.

"Of course not! Why are you asking such a crazy question?" He walked towards the kitchen to grab water. Preferring to avoid awkward eye contact.

"Never mind," Mark resumed to his phone as if nothing happened. Confusing the other even more as he did.

Donghyuck was growing nervous. Thinking back to how Mark was asking such a question. Remembering the several times he would meet up with Aera in secret. They hadn't discussed telling the others. Mostly because they wished to not worry about it.

And besides, they weren't anything.

Yet

Mark bringing it up made it all more complicated. It felt wrong. No matter how much he liked the girl. Keeping it a secret from the members who were all like his older brothers made his guilt grow. It also didn't help that she was Mark's twin sister. The two attached to the hip since he first met the pair.

"You would tell me though, right?" Mark turned around in his seat. Staring at the boy in the kitchen. The silence grew and dragged out.

"If I like your sister?"

"Well, no. About any person, you're seeing or like,"

Does he know something?

"We're soulmates Mark, of course, I'll tell you." Mark laughed awkwardly. He was used to the younger casual choice of words about their friendship but it still made him flustered.

Donghyuck knew he was too far gone. Getting caught up in covering up his feelings. He hated it. Hated to lie. Hated that he was supposed to feel that his feelings were wrong.

But now what was he to do now?

-

"I hate this," Aera muttered as she waited outside the male dorm. Yeejin sat on the steps, wiping the tip of her new boots to polish them.

"Maybe if you weren't so forgetful this wouldn't have happened,"

Aera wanted to kick the girl. Even if she was right.

"How was I supposed to know he would break up with me and I wouldn't be able to get it back,"

"Good point," the older girl admitted as she stood up. Dusting her bottoms to rid of any dirt she picked up.

"Now when is he coming? I have things to do,"

Aera tried her best to peek inside. Seeing no trace of the male they had been waiting for.

"You can leave. I think I'll be fine,"

"No! I'm not leaving you with that punk," Aera chuckled to herself.

Aera had received a letter at her dorm. It was a notice to return a music book that was past its due date. She had completely forgotten about the book and refused to pay the high fee they were requesting if she didn't return it. Unfortunately, the book was at her ex's dorm. Remembering she had left it there and never thought about it after their breakup. Yeejin refused to let her face the encounter alone. Serving as a potential bodyguard.

"Here he comes," Yeejin seethed as she watched the boy approach them. Wearing his soccer uniform and carrying a duffel with what they assumed were his sports equipment.