17

DongSe did not return after his argument with Aera and she didn't seem to complain. After explaining the whole thing to Haechan, she couldn't help but feel slightly guilty. Despite his lack of relationships, he seemed to know a lot. Telling the girl that not everyone healed the same and that nobody had a set time for things to no longer affect them.

"If I ever see him I won't hesitate to punch him," Haechan spoke regarding Aera's ex. He had been attempting to joke to lighten the sour mood that surrounded them just as she finished speaking about her ex's doing while they had been dating. However, he had been clenching his fist behind his back. His threat not entirely being a joke.

"Sorry to break it to you Hyuck but he'd win," That sentence gave him mixed emotions. Half of him felt happy at the sudden nickname that slipped her lips and the other half growing irritated at her praise for the douche.

"I have the highest punching score amongst all of Dream," he boasted proudly to which the girl could only laugh more.

"Higher than Jeno?" She asked genuinely surprised. He nodded proudly, flexing his left arm. Aera rolled her eyes at him. She wasn't all too convinced.

"But seriously if either soccer trash or guitar boy mess with you, let me know," he nudged her shoulder. Aera knew he was joking but something about the intense stare he was giving her made her think of the true meaning behind his words. Her stomach suddenly feeling fuzzy.

To be quiet honest. The Canadian girl was afraid to admit that she felt butterflies in her stomach when she was around him. How her heart would suddenly start beating really fast whenever she saw him nearby. Her mind urging her to fix her appearance whenever his eyes landed on her.

"Thanks, Hyuck," there it was again. The leap in his chest as the nickname smoothly left her lips. The urge to suddenly grab her dangling hand growing within him.

"Taemin-Hyung already left," a voice down the hall made the two stop. Aera couldn't recognize it right away but Haechan did. Being used to hearing the person nagging at him ever so often.

"Kai-Hyung too" the voice of Mark replying to the other. Aera's eyes widening instantly. The two seemed to have forgotten that they weren't doing anything wrong as they stared at one another with frightened expressions.

"Haechan?" Taeyong said once they turned the corner. His eyes trailing towards the girl standing beside him.

"Oh hi Aera," he casually said with a smile. Aera greeted him back with a bow. Both Mark and Taeyong wore fancy outfits. Their hair well done and subtle makeup coating their faces.

"Are you guys coming back from the photoshoot?" The maknae casually asked ignoring his growing nerves.

"Yea, tomorrow we'll finish everything up," Taeyong said smiling. His charismatic and cheerful personality shining through the tension that had started to grow.

"Did you apologize?" Mark asked. His question being directed towards Haechan.

"Yes," they both said at the same time.

"Are we all friends now?" Taeyong asked with a happy smile. Aera looked up at Haechan who nervously stared down at her as well. The two seem to share the same thought.

"Yes,"

"No,"

Or so they thought. Both of their voices overlapping. Aera quickly turned to the boy surprised at his denial. Haechan didn't dare to meet her gaze, knowing that he had read her wrong.

"So you didn't makeup?" Mark shifted his gaze between his twin and his best friend. Their odd acts confusing him.

"We are. Donghyuck just says... things," she let out a forced laugh before playfully slapping his arm a little too hard.

"Finally, I thought you guys would never get over whatever happened. Now things can back to the old days," Taeyong's overly excited and innocent statement brought back a nostalgic feeling. It had been so long that they couldn't pinpoint when exactly was 'the old days' and how were they.

"Will you be back at the dorm?" Mark asked his best friend. The boy shrugging, not knowing himself if he preferred sleeping in his own bed or in Renjuns, away from Johnnys pestering questions about a certain 5-foot 3-inch girl.

"If you switch rooms with me," instantly Mark shook his head refusing. He enjoyed sleeping on the 10th floor. The idea of sleeping with the quiet and organized members leaving him cringing. Doyoung would probably go off if Mark left the toothpaste open.

"Ara, can I speak to you?" Aera who had been zoning out perked up at the familiar nickname. Her eyes nervously looking at her twin who seemed to instantly turn serious.

"Bye Taeyong...Donghyuck," she bowed to each boy. Ignoring how unusual it was for her to ever bow to the younger one.

She stared at her twins back as they walked. Some sort of dread growing in her chest. She almost felt like he would scold her, but she didn't know why she needed to be scolded.

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing he said once they stopped walking.

"Uh-yea...why wouldn't I be?"

"I know that you were upset about the whole Haechan thing,"

"We apologized. I guess now you can say we're friends,"

"I'm glad. I've always wanted my best friend and sister to get along," he reached over and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. His lips planting a quick kiss to her head.

"If anything is bothering you, tell me. I'm your number one supporter and defender," She playfully scrunched her nose in disgust.

"You're being cringy. Is it because I saved your ass on Saturday?"

"I might need another favor," he cheekily smiled. Instantly, Aera pulled away.

"You're being nice to me, for a favor?" Her voice displaying the disbelief. Mark couldn't hide it as he formed a heart with his arms.

"Guys really are shit," she huffed out, turning away from his evident attempt to get her to agree to help him. Mark started trailing behind the girl, whining that it was her birth given job to serve him.
-
a.n: I'm going to somehow add Shotaro and Sungchan because ot23.. am I right ?