32

"Be careful," Yeejin scolded for what seemed like the 100th time.

Aera readjusted her hands to have a better grip on the model. The weight of the paper house making her palms turn red. It had taken several all-nighters for the girls to finish the 3D model of the store Yeejin was supposed to design for a class. Now all they had to do was make sure it was turned in unharmed.

"This is heavier than it looks," the Canadian complained as they navigated through campus. The curious looks from the passing students did not phase them. Somehow growing immune to the stares of strangers from the previous times they'd have to carry a model through campus.

"Hurry I don't want to be late!" Aera chose not to say anything as she walked as fast as possible. Her heart dropping every time she felt the whole thing slightly tip over.

In no time the girls had made it towards the architecture building. Seeing another pair bringing in a model as well.

"Wow, Yeejin. Now that's a proper project," a tall man stared in awe. Yeejin smiling widely at the compliment.

"I can help if you'd like," Aera sighed in relief and handed the weight over. Shaking her hands when the pressure was relieved.

"Thank you!" Was the last thing she heard her best friend say before she disappeared into the room. She could finally breathe and hopefully, properly sleep for the next couple of nights. She stared at the clock directly above the door and widened her eyes. She was already late for her practice. Her legs moved quickly, maneuvering around students and faculty as she made her way towards the music department.

Her professor was going to kill her. Once she had stepped foot into the practice room she let out a sigh of relief when she saw DongSe. His back turned towards her as he played. He turned around at the sound of her heavy breathing.

"You good?" He almost laughed. Seeing her hair messy and cheeks red from the exertion. Aera was not the athletic type, instantly downing a bottle of water that the boy provided.

"Good thing you're into music,"

She hit his arm at the joke. Half offended at how true his statement had been. The moody DongSe was slowly disappearing, somehow finally accepting the fate of his love life and moving on. She was proud of the guy.

"I sure hear a lot of chitchat for people who have to perform in just a few weeks?" The intimidating high pitch voice of her professor interrupted them. He crossed his arms at the sight of the two. His eyes moving towards the piano that she was supposed to be sitting in front of.

"We'll pick this up later DongSe," the bass player nodded and casted a final teasing look towards the pianist. A silent message saying 'Good luck' before he left.

The fun atmosphere was long gone after the door closed and Aera started her long hours of torture. Running through her pieces and accepting the critique from the professor who pushed her to do her best.

But she had pushed through with one thought in mind. She was finally going to visit Donghyuck after almost three weeks of not seeing the guy. His busy promotions taking up all his free time and ever since she finished Sol's album she no longer had a reason to randomly be at the SM building.

She hopped on the first bus towards the Dream dorm. Containing her excitement at the thought of physically seeing him after so long. Yet trying to also calm the nerves that attacked whenever she thought about how she had confessed and he bluntly knew she liked him.

She cringed at the thought but pushed it towards the back of her mind when she reached their door. She could hear the loud voices of the members.

"Do you want to die?" She heard Renjun shout followed by a thud and a familiar whine. Renjun had hit Donghyuck. She knocked on the door and listened as the chaos seized. Followed by more hurried shuffling before Donghyuck opened the door.