06

"Anything good happened recently?" Her roommate asked as they sat together during lunch. Aera raised an eyebrow as she chewed on the forkful of salad she stuffed in her mouth.

"I got a job." She stole a fry from the other girls' tray. Yeejin glared at the girl and pushed her tray further away.

"How do you get a salad but eat from Yeejins mountain of carbs?" HyunTae commented as he placed his tray down. Aera simply shrugged and stole a fry from his tray.

"Where is the job?" Yeejin stole a baby tomato from Aeras tray.

"Job? Who's getting a job?" HyunTae nosily questioned while taking a bite from his sandwhich. Yeejin lazily pointed a finger at the other girl.

"SM." Both HyunTae and Yeejin chocked on their food at the sound of that. They stared wide-eyed at the other who remained unfazed as she drank from her water.

"How the hell?" Yeejin dramatically asked, her food long abandoned. SM Entertainment was a big company and not just anyone worked there.

"I guess they saw my solo performances." She lied while avoiding eye contact. She had felt guilty about keeping things from her friends. She just had to get the courage to just tell them. She hoped it would be soon.

"That's so cool. So you'll be working with Red Velvet?" HyunTae leaned over the table. He wiggles his eyebrows seductively after.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes and push his face away. He let out a grumble and pouted.

"It's another artist that's going to debut soon. I won't say anything else because of confidentiality." She proceeded to pretend to lock her lips and throw away the key. HyunTae slumped in his seat defeatedly.

"I'm happy for you. If you see Johnny get me his autograph." Yeejin winked and the other two shared a look and rolled their eyes. If there was anyone who Yeejin fangirled over, it was Suh Johnny.

-

"Sorry, we couldn't start the recording today." Sol apologized as they started collecting the papers that were sprawled around the table. They had just finished discussing details about the album.

"That's fine. At least I have the music sheets." She held up the binder that contained the music sheets she would have to play. The size of the binder wasn't too overly intimidating Aera thought once she first saw it. She had another thing coming when she opened the binder and flicked through the pages. But she was up for the challenge and would be sure to not disappoint.

"I'm really glad you're the musician." The singer expressed once they cleared everything out. Aera laid the binder gently on the table and stared up at the older girl.

"I mean. I expected a middle-aged man to play for me. Musicians are usually really old." They both laughed agreeing. Sol moved around the table and grabbed the stack Aera had collected.

"I think it's great that we're both from Canada. I'm just two years older and we have a lot in common." Aera listened intently feeling her heartwarming up. At that moment she felt very appreciated.

"I'm really happy to be playing for you, Sol."They both shared a smile before Sol excitedly moved towards the other girl and embraced her.

"This is great. Koreans tend to be weirded out with causal hugging when they meet someone recently." Sol could feel the vibration of the shorter girl's chest as she laughed.

"Call me Sunny by the way." Sol pulled away first.

"Is that your real name?" Sol nodded and smiled at the surprised look Aeras face took.