36

I haven't forgotten about this story!
-

The weather in Korea faced a constant change. Just yesterday Aera was walking around campus in short sleeves. The radiant sun shining down providing warmth in contrast to the light breeze that swept by. However, today the wind aggressively charged against the trees. The climate causing the Canadian girl to shiver as she made her way off of the bus.

Aera was enveloped with an oversized black sweater that belonged to a certain sunshine boy with smart remarks. The large fabric enveloping her heart with warmth despite the cold outside. She silently made her way towards the dorms. Amongst the busy schedule of the members, today was one of those days that they were free from any activities. And of course, Aera received an invitation to come over.

Her fingers reached up to press the buzzer next to the door. She'd only hope that they were listening for her arrival. Sometimes the noise would be ignored due to the conversations that easily turned loud. Thankfully, in a matter of seconds, she was allowed access.

Just as she made her way inside the building. A voice interrupted her.

"Wait!" It was a tall slender girl that had called out to her. Her dark hair bouncing behind her as she jogged to reach the door Aera was currently holding. Aera moved aside for her to enter and could make out the squint of her eyes, a gesture she made out to be a smile as her mask was covering the bottom half of her face.

"Thank you," the girl muttered as she heaved a breath. Exhausted from her short jog.

"No problem," Aera made her way towards the elevator. Pressing the bottom and taking a step back as she waited for its arrival. It was slightly awkward to be standing beside the stranger in silence.

"Visiting someone?" Aera nodded her head to reply. Distracting herself by staring at the numbers above the elevator door signaling its approach.

Neither of them said anything after they entered. Yet it wasn't after a couple of seconds of being inside that Aera noticed the girl had not pressed any floor. The two standing in the unmoving elevator. She had expected the stranger to make a move first since she was standing closer to the buttons.

"Excuse me," Aera mumbled softly as she made a move towards the series of buttons. It was as if some weird intuitive feeling settled in her chest. Unknown to her she decided not to press any button.

"What floor are you going to?" She stared at the girl with expectancy. Aera planned for her to first reveal her floor before anything. Something about her plan made sense.

"Oh uhh, the seventh?" It came out more as a question than a statement and that itself drew red flags. If Aera wasn't sure of her weird suspicions before now she was. She reached out and pressed the number followed by the floor above the seventh.

The dreamies dorm was on the third floor but she now suddenly felt against the idea of revealing her destination. And so together they rode the elevator in silence. The strange girl got off on her designated floor and Aera also got off on the last floor. She waited a couple of seconds before she once again called for the elevator. Heaving a sigh of relief when it quickly opened up.

It was a strange experience overall. One that she somehow managed to dodge despite the lack of verification that something was weird about that girl.

Yet the event didn't seem to end there as the elevator once again stopped on the seventh floor and Aera saw the girl.

It seemed to shock both as they silently starred gapping. The Canadian chose to remain silent as she pressed the first floor. No matter how much she yearned to end this loop of doubt and just go straight towards the dorm she knew well enough how risky it could be. Once this girl was out of sight and showed no potential threat, Aera would meet the boys.