35

As the weeks progressed. Aera and Donghyuck slowly became more comfortable around one another. Spending more time sneaking around, usually in the dream dorm. The only place where they could avoid the public and those who had yet to know about their mutual liking for one another.

Renjun slowly became the spotter for the two. Keeping himself on high alert every time they were all gathered together. Mostly when Mark was in the room. An occurrence that became more common since he once again officially became a dream member.

Donghyuck sometimes wouldn't mind the fact that he had to be extra cautious when the Canadian was in the room. Altogether ignoring Renjun who purposely sat in the middle of the two, as a physical barrier. He would shamelessly reach over to poke her side in a teasing manner. Biting his lip to suppress his laugh when he saw her trying to not squirm.

It would soon find an end when Renjun would grab his hand and send him a deadly warning. And up until then, they hadn't risen any suspicions. Thankfully.

Donghyuck's bold actions took part in the most unprecedented places and times.

Aera had been making her way towards the practice room. After a long while of not visiting she was compelled to see the group. Roaming cluelessly down the hall she failed to notice the figure waiting for her. That was until she felt a strong tug that pulled her inside an empty recording studio. Her back hitting the wall and a surprised gasp escaping her lips. It wasn't until she met Donghyuck smirking face that she allowed herself to relax.

"You scared me." She muttered. Placing a hand unto her beating heart to calm herself. Yet it made no effort in calming the newfound storm of butterflies that erupted in her stomach when he took a step closer. Both their chest touching, his left hand comfortably placed beside her head while the other had his fingers holding onto the loop of her jeans.

"Why didn't you respond to my text?" He enjoyed the nervous glance she was giving him. Somehow trying to lengthen the distance between the two and avoid for their noses to touch.

"I didn't ignore you." She pulled out her phone to prove her point. Only to find the long list of messages she had failed to notice.

"You barely give me attention." He whined like a child. Dropping his left hand and holding it into the other loop of her jeans. Aera rolled her eyes. Silently enjoying his actions no matter how nervous it made her.

"Whining doesn't suit you Donghyuck."

He rolled his eyes and let a playful smirk on his lips. Somehow the atmosphere between them shifting as he pushed a loose strand behind her ear. Dangerously getting close to her face. Aera could feel his breath on her cheek. She knew Donghyuck had his cocky side. Mostly when he saw himself in music videos. His confident smirk was always entertaining to see, yet now as she stood frozen against the wall. His face centimeters from hers, she couldn't say she was finding it all too fun.

"Donghyuck, " she muttered lowly. Somehow unable to control her voice as his name came out shaky.

"I missed you, " he said into her ear. Aera was sure that it would be the end of this close interaction she had found herself in. But he had other plans. His lips softly brushing again her cheek before moving to her forehead where he pressed a firm kiss.

She hid her face in his chest in embarrassment. Feeling the rumble of his chest as he enjoyed her flustered state. "Stop," she whispered lowly. Yet it only fueled his actions more as he wrapped his arms tightly around her shoulders. Squeezing tightly where her ear was pressed onto her chest and her arms went around his waist.

"I missed you too,"

That had been her last encounter with Donghyuck. Both somehow finding themselves once again busy in their own lives. All of the dreamiest preparing for a full album and her for the concert that approached like wildfire.