37

*i encourage everyone to read a few paragraphs from the previous chapter to jog your memory

"What the hell are you doing here" Aera grabbed the intruder's arms as she yanked them inside. Her head peaking out to watch out for anyone who noticed their intrusion.

"What else was I supposed to do when you wouldn't answer my messages?" The boy exclaimed, his eyes unnoticeably wandering over the room. It was weird to take in Aeras dorm room. It seemed so.. personal. This was ideally everything she owned in Korea, all sitting in this small space.

"Donghyuck you can't sneak into my dorm room because I don't reply." She stared at the shameless boy with a glare. Choosing to ignore the slight panic of both him getting caught and having him in front of her after days away.

The boy didn't pay attention to her scolding. Instead, he stood there staring at her. It didn't last more than a couple of seconds before he took a step closer. His arms pulled her into his embrace.

"I'm glad you're okay." His voice was muffled as his voice was resting on her neck. Aera froze in place. It was just a sudden move, having him so close.

She could somehow never truly get used to being this close to Donghyuck.

It took a couple of seconds before they separated. The girl let her eyes scan his face. He stilled appeared as tired as she had last seen him. She could only guess that he wasn't getting much rest from his scheduled activities.

"Now will you tell me why you've been MIA?"

"Can we not talk about that right now?" Her hand raked through her hair. Pulling at the knots she found along her way. She couldn't help but have mixed emotions about the male's surprise visit.

Donghyuck sighed loudly enough to stress his slight frustration. His body gravitated towards the bed where he sat to rest.

"I'm sorry I couldn't go with you." She knew he was referring to the police station.

The temperature inside the precinct was even colder than it had been outside. Area's fingers swept through the bandaids on her knee. The officers were nice enough to give her alcohol wipes and a water bottle to properly tend her wounds.

When the officers arrived at the scene. The girl was quick to play the victim. Her choice of perpetrator happens to be the actual victim in the whole incident. Aera had to go to the precinct on her own. The boys weren't allowed anywhere near such a place in case of any rumors starting.

Thankfully they gave their testimonies on the spot while the girls were dragged away.

"Sadly this isn't something we haven't seen before." The officer started. He appeared utterly bored of the whole incident and to some extent. Aera couldn't blame him. It probably was extremely annoying to have to deal with a case because of some over-obsessed fan girl.

"We often give different punishments. So it's all up to you and what you want to happen."

All up to her? Punishment? Somehow the fear and anger she facing a couple of seconds ago diminished and turned into a gut-wrenching hole in the pit of her stomach.

How could she possibly decide on a punishment?

"May I get options?" She felt ridiculous asking yet somehow relieved when he nodded.

"You can choose to press charges for assault and harassment. Some people choose to leave the case as is. It all depends on you." Aera wasn't sure if this is what she ever imagined visiting and speaking with an officer would be like but it didn't match her imagination.