19

"Sorry about them," Haechan let her enter his room. Just before her arrival, he had been running around cleaning up. He threw several of his clothing under Johnny's bed as soon as he heard the doorbell. Completely unaware of the awkward conversation she had been having just outside.

The maknae met eyes with his roommate through the slit in the door. The older boy signaling for him to leave the door slightly open. As if the younger boy would listen. Haechan raised his eyebrows daringly and shut the door.

"That kid does not respect me," Johnny muttered out. Fingers on his nose.

"He doesn't respect any of us," Doyoung said as he passed him and entered his own room.

Aera let her eyes look around. She ignored the pile of clothing that was peeking from under one of the beds. A smile coming to her face as she imagined him hiding the mess before she arrived.

"Which is your side?" she starred at the two almost identical beds. Instantly throwing herself at the one he pointed at.

He decided to sit in his desk chair. He was nervous to have her over for many reasons. What would all of his members say? What if she hadn't agreed? How would he act when they were alone? Despite the fact that they had been alone various times in the studio, this was different. They were now alone in his room.

"I thought you'd be messier," she laid on her stomach. Arms wrapping around a pillow, which she placed under her head and rested her chin on top.

"That's the 10th floor,"

"I was genuinely surprised when I came in and everything was set in place. I was upstairs last week and they had gotten spaghetti sauce on the wall," they both laughed. Walking upstairs was pure chaos. As she continued to get to know more about him she realized that her past assumptions of him were false. She expected him to be just like how she perceived him, so she use to only think the worse. Yet here he was amongst the tidiest members.

"So.. what's up?" She tried to keep the conversation flowing. It had seemed that their usual casual conversations flowed smoother when they were both in the studio. Something about being in the place where he found peace and often mostly wished to be in, made her shy.

"I don't know what you want to do. We can watch a movie, play video games- do you play?" He pointed at the mini shelf containing all the video games.

"I haven't played in a while," she instantly thought back to JooWon who almost always forced her to play video games instead of doing anything she wanted to do. He almost never gave her a chance to do something she enjoyed.

Haechan could see something bothering her. He didn't ask but instead chose to change the subject.

"Take advantage of how nice I'm being. This is a privilege. Today we'll do whatever you pick," he sat back in the chair. His past worry disappearing when he saw her laugh at his joke.

"Can we watch a movie?"

After debating between genre and then over which movie they'd watch. Aera rested her back against the headboard, her eyes nervously shifting towards the boy.

"You can sit in the bed if you want," she had noticed how he was leaning over to see the laptop screen that laid in front of her. He hesitated a bit before just taking her offer. For some reason their usual playful and casual atmosphere was different. They seem to be shyer. Haechan noticeably keeping a safe distance between them to which Aera didn't notice as she scooted over until her shoulder hit his. She pulled the laptop in the middle of both of their legs, a pillow under it to balance it evenly.

Aera seemed to be completely absorbed in the action movie they had chosen. Haechan on the other hand was slightly distracted by her. He side-eyed her more than he watched the movie. Something about having her so close made him nervous.