14

The rain didn't seem to stop. Since Aera woke up and made her way to class. The sky poured with strong winds. As much as the girl enjoyed a good rainy day, today it only seemed to complicate things. She let out a sigh as she brushed the droplets off. Halfway through her trip to SM, her umbrella decided to lose its battle against the stormy winds. Now the girl was soaked completely.

Upon her arrival, the lady at the front desk quickly approached her with a handful of tissues she seemed to have collected somewhere.

"Thank you," Aera bowed and grabbed the tissues. She tried her best to dry her hair and clothing. The tissues shrunk and started to break apart, leaving the girl's hair with white spots of residue.

Aera continued her journey towards the studio. Once in the elevator, her mind seemed to think back to her last conversation with her best friend. Before she knew it, Yeejin knew everything there was to know about the said SM staff member. Aera made sure to include her past relationship with the boy and how now they had grown extremely close. She also sadly included their most recent fight.

"Good afternoon," she muttered as she opened the door. The recorder turned to look over at her. He waved her over towards the piles of music sheets he seemed to be going through.

"Someone got caught in the rain," a hint of a smirk danced on his lips as he teased. She could only roll her eyes and take the seat beside him.

"Now that you're here. We have to go over a few things," he scanned the various piles of paper before he found the one he was looking for. He handed her the stack.

"Now we move onto guitar and-" he stopped to think.

"The violin and cello," Aera finished. He clapped his hands affirming that those two instruments were the ones he couldn't think of.

"You do play those right?" Aera nodded. A sense of pride washing over her when she noticed a happy smile on the recorder's face.

"These are the music sheets for each instrument. May seem hard but trust me you make it look easy," the horrible start to her day seemed to be long forgotten. She just hoped nothing bad would ruin how she was currently feeling.

"There will be a bass player coming in tomorrow. You did mention that bass wasn't your strongest suit so we invited him over to help. He's also a student at Seoul University so you might know him. He's quite popular," Aera already knew who he was talking about and she wasn't too happy.

The most famous bass player at her school was Park DongSe. The most narcissistic and trashy person Aera has ever met. Only once did she have to collaborate with him for a school concert but boy did she hate it. Her past hate for Haechan didn't compare to what she felt towards DongSe.

"I'm sure you guys will get along just fine,"

"I'm sure we will," she let out a forced smile to hide her distaste for the new plan.

-

Mark caught a glimpse of his sister through the glass of the practice room. He furrowed his eyebrows confused. After seeing that she wouldn't enter he got up and joined her outside.

"Hey sis," Aera jumped slightly surprised at the newcomer.

"What don't you come in?" She tried to look over his shoulder to see if he was in there. There was a very low chance that he wouldn't be there but with the Dreamies.

"Is it because of Haechan?" She snapped her eyes to meet her twin brothers. Immediately she shook her head denying the possibility.

"Why would I-"

"I know you're bothered by what he said. I also heard you say you guys were trying to be civil," Aera had forgotten just how much she had said that day. After so much hiding it seemed useless to try and continue when they seemed to be back to square one.

"It doesn't matter anymore," Mark could see the evident sadness in her tone. He couldn't possibly believe that she was this torn over a fight with Haechan of all people.

"I'll talk to him,"

"Don't. Just leave it," he reached over and pulled her into a hug. Running his hand up and down her back for comfort. In the middle of his dance, Haechan caught sight of the twins. The guilt he had been feeling only grew as he saw the frown on her face.