09

"Who was texting you last night?" Yeejin asked Aera as they sat in lunch. Aera visibly tensed up at the question. How was she to explain without lying completely?

Last night she had forgotten to message the boy and he sent her several messages later on.

Dongsookie:

Did you get there?

She had stared confused at the name he had put down for himself.

Dongsookie:

It's been a couple of hours since you left
yah answer!

sorry I got distracted. I got home safely

okay
goodnight

goodnight

"Why are you so quiet?" Yeejin ate a spoonful of rice and stared at her best friend.

"It was a staff member asking if I got home safely," Aera stared at her food to avoid letting her figure out she was lying. The same guilt from before came back. She hated lying.

"Mhmm. Staff member.." Yeejin passed her tongue through her teeth as she continued to analyze the girl.

"If you met someone you can tell me, you know," Aera choked as soon as the other girl finished her sentence. HyunTae patted her back as he just joined the two. He quickly opened his water and passed it to her.

"Oh shit," Yeejin tensed up as she stared at something behind Aera.

"Don't turn around," she held Aera shoulder over the table to prevent her from looking behind her. HyunTae who had sneaked a peek instantly stared at Aera with wary eyes.

What could they possibly not want her to see? Aera forcibly turned around curiously but she instantly regretted it. She turned around in her seat quickly. Her back facing the scene. She could feel her heart racing in her chest, her hands starting to sweat.

She could only see the image of him standing there with his arm wrapped around a girl's waist.

Yeejin stared at her best friend and looked back at JooWon in anger. She knew Aera wouldn't want her to react but she so badly wanted to walk up to him.

"I can't breath," Aera smacked her chest to get air in. She couldn't seem to know how to intake oxygen.

"She's having a panic attack. Get her water," HyunTae instantly listened to Yeejins commands and once again passed her a water bottle he had brought for Yeejin. He held the bottle up for her as she hungrily drank.

Her breathing started to regulate because the water caused her to hold her breath. HyunTae could only rub her back as a form of support.

"Are you okay?" The question seemed to go in through one ear and out the other. Aera didn't know how to feel at the moment.

"I'm going to SM," she grabbed her bag and started to get up. Her food remained half unfinished.

"Need a ride?" They could all see she purposely avoided looking towards the direction he was at.

"No thank you. I'll see you guys later," she speed-walked towards the exit. Her head down as she walked. Her friends who remained could only stare sadly at the girl wondering how she would cope with it.

"I'm going to kill him," Yeejin gritted through her teeth as she looked passed HyunTae's shoulder at the boy who comfortably had his arm around a girl. They both sat laughing with their friends oblivious to the dagger the girl was sending them.
-
"I'm sorry. I'll try again," Aera sheepishly muttered to the recorder as he sighed for the fifth time since they had started recording.