10

Haechan had grown so used to going to where Aera worked that he did it without thinking. Haechan after practice would say he was going to visit Dream, this only made the members to grow suspicious. The boy wasn't that fond of the Dreamies to go and see them every day with such eagerness.

Just as he arrived at the studio he froze when he saw Mark inside. He quickly rushed to hide behind the pillar as soon as he saw Mark get up. He could pick up the faint English words the siblings shared before Mark was walking down the hall. Haechan let out a breath of relief and was about to make his way towards the door before he heard Mark's voice.

"Hey Sol," Mark who had just exited the studio ran into Sunny as she made her way towards her session musician. The Canadian girl could see movement behind Mark. She smirked to herself when she could make out what or who it was.

"Hey Mark, visiting Aera?" Mark nodded.

"Only you?" Mark nodded once again. Sunny rose a knowing eyebrow at that.

"Well, it was nice seeing you. Hope your album turns out great," Mark offered her a thumbs up before continuing down the hall. Meanwhile the whole time, Haechan tried to stay as still as possible. He hadn't understood Sunnys remark since they were speaking in English.

Sunny passed by the boy pretending she hadn't seen him and made her way into the studio.

"Why is Haechan hiding outside?" Was the first thing the singer said. Aera furrowed her eyebrows while standing up. She could see him nervously standing behind the pillar. He seemed to be debating something.

Aera opened the door and whistled. Startled the Korean boy moved so he wouldn't be seen.

"Yah! Donghyuck," Aera laughed at his surprised expression once he poked his head out. He mouthed something incoherent to her while signaling towards the studio.

"Why are you hiding?" At that, he could only stand dumbfounded and wonder as well. Why was he hiding? He passed a hand over his head and stared sheepishly at the girl.

"Come," with a wave of her hand he hesitantly followed her inside the studio. Sunny sat in a chair while she examined her nails.

"Something seems fishy here," Aera and Haechan stared at the singer confused.

"I mean you guys hated each other and then you didn't, blah blah blah. Not important," she sat up straighter while glancing between the two.

"Why the hiding all of a sudden? Is there something going on?" Aera suddenly choked and Haechan seemed to be interested in one of the many buttons in the recording table.

"Are you crazy?!" The small girl cried out once she had composed herself. Sunny shrugged unfazed.

"Does anyone else besides me know you guys get along now?" Neither of them said anything.

"See. That makes it seem like something is going on,"

"Nothing is going on, and nothing will go on," Haechan quietly agreed with the girl as she spoke for both of them.

"We're- uh close friends," he stared at Aera once he was finished. He wondered if she considered them less than close friends. Did she even consider them to be friends? It had been a short period of time since they started to be civilized but he had considered that they had learned a lot about one another. They helped one another in some ways.

"Last week you told me, acquaintances," the older girl pointed an accusing finger towards the other. Haechan felt a bit hurt upon hearing that.

"Things have changed, we're best friends," the last two words slipped slowly and awkwardly from her lips as she seemed to physically cringe while saying them. It was such a foreign term to associate with Haechan.

"Really?" The shock was evident in the boy as he turned towards Aera. She felt embarrassed as soon as she saw his expression. Was calling him a best friend too much?

"Was that too much?" She timidly stared at the boy. A small smile appeared on his face and he shook his head.

"That was quick," Sunny interrupted the moment. Half disgusted yet half smug the older girl could only admire their interaction.

"Moving on," the singer clapped her hands to get their attention.

"As much as I love that you guys are bonding. I am extremely fond of Aera. We are Canadian sisters and I would appreciate it if you don't take too much of her time while she visits." Just as she saw that they were going to deny that he had been going every day she held a finger up.

"This whole best friend thing could have only started if he was here every day for the past few weeks," both instantly shut up. Aera suddenly became flustered. She didn't understand why but she tried her best to hide her cheeks with her hair. Sunny was the one who took notice of this.

"Can we talk about something else?" Aera directed the question towards the older girl who seemed to take too much interest in her newfound friendship.

"Oh, right," Sunny suddenly remembered why she was there in the first place.

"I was talking to Mark a few days ago and he said that you have a performance coming up. When is it?" Aera stared confused until she remembered the lie she told her brother a while ago. She didn't want to get caught staring at Haechan that day.

"Uh you know it's not that soon. I just like to prepare early," Sunny could tell she was lying. She chose to dismiss it.

"Are you always this quiet?" Haechan who had been quiet the whole time blushed embarrassed at the sudden attack. Aera scoffed knowing the boys' usual behavior.

This only caused the boy to turn a dark shade of red. His tan skin didn't do much to cover up his embarrassment. A knock on the door startled the group.

"Aera," the producer stared between the faces until his eyes landed on her. For a second Aera thought she was going to get scolded. She quickly thought of a reason. She had already finished recording the piano parts and only needed to play the other instruments.

"I need the room," Aera visibly relaxed and nodded. She along with the other two packed up. Well, Haechan watched the girls grab their bags.

"Thank you. Oh, and you don't need to come around tomorrow. We'll start the next sessions on Monday," Aera thanked him half relieved that she would receive an unexpected day off. Haechan on the other hand was slightly bummed out that the girl wouldn't be around for him to annoy.

"Don't be too sad," Sunny nudged him. Aera didn't notice the interaction as she finished talking with the producer.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Sunny walked in the middle of the two. They weren't sure where they were heading towards now that their hang out was taken.

"Not sure. Maybe hang out with friends," for a second Haechan thought she meant him. He then remembered she probably had multiple college friends.

"Why don't you hang out here tomorrow?" Haechan started to understand Sunnys motives.

"It's my day off," Aera was confused as to why she would hang out at work on her day off.

"I doubt I'd be allowed to just hang out,"

"Yea you can. Dream has a free schedule. We're probably just going to practice and stuff. You can join. I mean, if you want," Sunny watched the boy ramble with a smirk. Her assumptions of where their so-called "friendship" was heading were crystal clear.

"Uh, I'll think about it," unknowingly they had made it to the first floor. Aera waved them a small hello before heading towards the door. Both singers stared confused. They hadn't expected her to leave so soon.

"Wait!" Aera turned around at the sound of Haechan's voice. She watched him walk towards her and stuff his hand in his pocket. A packet of the gummies she loved appeared in his hand.

"I thought you'd need them again," Sunny watched as a wide smile appeared on the girl's face. The petite girl rose to her tiptoes and hugged the taller boy. Surprising both Haechan and Sunny as she did. Aera was too consumed in gratitude that she missed realizing that she was hugging him. She pulled away seconds later and snatched the packet from him before thanking him.

A surprised Haechan, a smirking Sunny, and a shocked Johnny watched the girl exit the building as she clutched the gummies unaware of everyone watching her.