31

"It just stresses me out, " Yeejin voiced out loud as she ranted about her partner for a project. The teamwork was not working out. Resulting in Yeejin doing all the work while her partner made up excuses.

This had been the fifth time the girl was complaining. A tired HyunTae laid in his bed switching through channels on his tv while Aera was distracted on her phone.

Due to HyunTae's medical state. He was allowed various privileges. Among those was the access to have friends visit instead of him going out to visit them. As long as they were out by eight, the dorm monitor had no issues.

"Isn't that the staff member?" both girls turned towards the screen. Some sort of award show playing. She knew that they were there. Having received a message from both her twin and Donghyuck.

"Wait which one?" Yeejin still let her eyes wander around the various guys, her eyes remaining on Johnny for a few seconds too long.

"The one with red hair," HyunTae continued to point towards the screen.

"Red hair?" Aera questioned out loud while searching for the boy she last recalled to have blond hair.

"That's the staff member?" Yeejin watched as he moved towards the center to sing.

"Holy shit," Aera gave her a weird look.

"He's hot, " this time it was HyunTae's turn to look at the girl who instantly realized her mistake and silently apologized.

"No, but seriously Aera. Upgraded one thousand percent. Get that, " Aera started to blush. Her eyes staying glued to him as he moved across the stage.

Seeing him on stage after her confession seemed different. He was very attractive and he knew it. The smirks and flirtatious looks he showed the camera when he knew it would pan towards him.

He hadn't stopped texting her ever since. Somehow becoming more confident in his teasing remarks and discreetly throwing flirty comments to the mix. His busy schedule did not allow him any free time to see the girl.

"Hard to believe he's younger than me, " HyunTae muttered as he also looked at the boy who caught his best friend's heart.

"Johnny blond hair, " Yeejin clapped her hands excitedly when his part came on. HyunTae grabbed her wrist to stop her and sent her a stern glare.

"I like your hair better though,"

Aera ignored their conversation and decided to text the singer.

Dongsookie:

red hair?!

She did not expect him to answer anytime soon given that he was busy giving his all for the watching audience. Maybe she should start watching tv more often.

"Aera?" a new voice called out to her. Interrupting her trance. She starred up at HyunTae's roommate who had been greeting her.

"Oh hello, " she bowed, earning a laugh from the rest who knew the cause of her distraction. Sungho just smiled and started to unpack his equipment. They were familiar with the boy, seeing he was the closest thing to a guy best friend HyunTae had. Aera scooched towards the corner of his bed to allow him space to sit as well.

"You're good, " he muttered and sat down on his phone like she wasn't there.

"Didn't take you for an NCT fan Hyung, " everyone stared back at the boy who spoke. HyunTae became flustered and quickly grabbed the remote.

"Hey!" both girls protested. The sight of Johnny and Donghyuck disappearing and a pitch-black screen greeting them.

"It's almost eight. You guys should be heading out anyway, " he excused as he checked his imaginary watch. Yeejin punched his arm.

"He's injured, " defended his roommate who quickly tended to the whining boy.

"His leg is injured. Everything else is in perfect conditions for a beating, "

"Oh-kay... we should be leaving," Aera started pulling her own roommate's arm before she hit him again.

"You should walk them, " Sungho quickly started to pull on a jacket upon HyunTae's suggestion.

"We're fine. It's just like a block away, " Aera tried to convince the boy but HyunTae wouldn't let it go.

"Just to be safe," Yeejin smiled at the injured boy. Urging Aera to wait for her outside. She had something to tell him.

"They're making out right?" Sungho told the girl as they stood outside awkwardly.

"Probably, " they both laughed.

Dongsookie:

it was so supposed to be a surprise
how you find out?

saw the award show

then you probably saw how handsome I looked ;)

I loved the boyz performance. They looked really cool.

She tried her best to tease him back. Seeing he always somehow had the upper hand. When she noticed that he had not replied after a while she worried if she had gone too far. The ringing of her phone saying otherwise. She moved a bit farther away from Sungho to privately speak.

"Hello, "

"How can you say that?" she softly laughed at his childish behavior. No matter how hot he seemed on screen. He would always be the same Donghyuck in real life.

"I was kidding. I didn't even see their performance, " she could hear a ton of noise coming from his end of the call.

"Cant you go sleep at the dream dorm?" he questioned. She blushed at the question.

"You're busy. You shouldn't even be on the phone right now,"

"Please, "

"Can't I have to help my roommate with her project," it was true, Yeejin had desperately asked her to lend a hand. She would take any help since her partner refused to.

Yeejin closed the door behind her. A stupid grin on her lips that she tried to hide as she ducked her head and walk in front.

"Oh to be young and in love, " Sungho sang as he followed after her with a smirk.

"Was that a guy's voice? Is that why you can't come?" Aera smiled at his odd way of jumping to conclusions.

"It was HyunTae's roommate. He's walking me and my roommate back to our dorm. Now go and kick ass. I'll see you later,"

"Text me when you get home, " she hummed in response and hung up. Jogging to catch up with the other two.

Donghyuck was left with a soft smile. Staring at his phone for a few seconds too long before going back into the changing room.

It was still hard for him to believe that she had actually liked him back. Renjun walked towards him. Already knowing about his call.

"That happy huh?" he placed a hand on Donghyuck's shoulder and squeezed. Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders to try and act unbothered but the growing smile on his face told otherwise.

-
a.n: 1k reads!!!!! Thank you to everyone who reads, votes, and comments on my story. Also to those who wait patiently for my updates, all the support means a lot.

longer chapters coming up :)