20

"I'm not okay!" Was the first thing the desperate Canadian girl screamed out as she entered her room. Yeejin laid in her bed with a charcoal face mask on and cucumbers on her eyes. HyunTae was sitting on the floor as he gave her a foot massage.

"What are you two doing?"

"Oh hi roomie," Yeejin called out. She didn't attempt to move an inch as she indulged in the massage.

"We made a bet and I lost," Aera could see the obvious boredom in his face as he spoke. He stuck his tongue at the older girl who didn't see it.

"What did you bet?" Aera left her bag on her desk as she joined the duo on her own bed.

"I honestly don't even know myself," he tapped her other foot. Instantly obeying the silent command as she moved it closer towards him.

"What's up, babe. Why aren't you okay?" Yeejin asked despite her temporary blindness. Aera hesitantly stared at the boy who was focused on Yeejin's foot.

"It's the staff members," she stared at her hands after admitting her predicament. The once relaxed girls instantly shot up. Both cucumbers falling on her chest as she did.

"You've got to tell me what happened," she kicked HyunTae's hand away before walking to sit next to the Canadian.

"How much do you know?" Aera asked him. She already knew that Yeejin couldn't not tell him.

"Everything," Aera couldn't help but roll her eyes. It was typical for anything she told either of them to travel to the other.

"I'm just... ugh this is so difficult. I'm so conflicted. Is this normal?"

"Tell us more," Yeejin sat up. Her hands instantly massaging the younger's shoulder. She directed HyunTae to do her feet. Aera attempted to relax as they both gave her massages.

"It's like one second I'm thinking about how things used to be and the next my stomach is doing that weird thing-"

"What weird thing?" He cluelessly asked. Yeejin could already guess what she meant.

"The butterflies, idiot," the older girl rolled her eyes at his ignorance.

"He smiles and I get them. He laughs and my heart goes crazy. He looks at me and I get all shy. Ughh! Why does this happen to me?" a pillow instantly covering her screams. The other two shared a look.

"Isn't it obvious?" Yeejin stopped to sit in front of the girl.

"You like him," HyunTae rested his head casually on his palm, elbow leaning on the mattress.

"I can't," she whined. The pillow going up and down as she smashed it against her face.

"Is he off limits?" Aera shook her head, the pillow following her movements.

"Is he gay?" Yeejin gave him a "are you stupid?" look, he shrugged.

"He's my brother's best friend and he's an idol. He's also someone I use to never get along with. I use to see him as a younger brother back then. On top of all of that who's to say he feels anything back?"

"It's just so soon. I just got out of a relationship like less than two months ago and suddenly I like another boy?"

"There's no time frame for moving on Aera," she instantly thought back to when he had said something similar about DongSe.

"This is good! This can only mean you don't care about that jerk anymore," Yeejin said as she walked into the bathroom in their room. It was luck that they had a room inside.

"No, it's not!" HyunTae sighed as he stared at her. He genuinely wondered why he chose to hang out with the two. Maybe he shouldn't have told his team members that he wouldn't go out with them to celebrate his victory.

"Hyunie, come on. Tell me I'm crazy and that I need to snap out of it," she sat on her bed, staring desperately at him to knock some sense into her.

"You know what. I think coach had told me to get to my dorm early," he lied as he attempted to stand up and move towards the door. He bumped into Yeejin who stood behind him with crossed arms and a warning look. He instantly sat back on her bed, huffing at his failed attempt to escape.

"Listen sweetheart. You aren't crazy. You are just crushing. It's totally normal after spending so much time with a guy," she sat beside Aera and rubbed her shoulder.

"Why haven't you started crushing on me then?"

"Are you a guy?" Yeejin lazily asked him.

"Duh,"

"Questionable," she dismissed, her attention turning back towards the conflicted girl.

"You keep making up excuses. I would give it a bit more time. See how you feel after. If it's still the same, stop being so scared. You never know what you could be missing if you don't try," HyunTae listened to Yeejin's advice. Silently staring at the girl and taking notes on what she said.

"Why him? Of all people," Aera laid her head on her roommate's shoulder.

"It happens. It's often the most unexpected people," HyunTae let her words sink in. The things she said were slightly applying to him. He wondered if he was brave enough to take the leap of fate and just go for it.

"You okay Hyunie?" Yeejin asked as she saw him zoned out. He met her waiting eyes.

"Yea, just thinking," Yeejin hummed. Her hand passing through Aera's hair. All three remained silent, each having someone to think about. What were they to do with the sudden clarity of their situation?

Aera was sure of her decision. As easy as Yeejin made it seem. Haechan was no regular boy she knew from college. They had tons of history and he was an idol with rules to follow. Whatever she was feeling would have to be quickly forgotten, even if he felt the same.

-
Haechan in the other side of the city. Laid in his bed. Hand playing with the bracelet that belonged to the girl who had just occupied the space where he usually slept. He hated to admit how he actually felt towards her.

He had his suspicions of what was the meaning behind his eagerness to see her so often. Being alone with her only proved it to be true. Something he hated more than anything. The poor boy felt selfish. Pondering the girls constant aching for her ex who only seem to do her wrong. She often confided in him her worries about her breakup to which he always offered his shoulder to cry on and supportive words.

How could he possibly like her? Knowing everything he knew that blindly stood between them. He could only render himself foolish for ever allowing himself to see her under that light he had never seen anyone in a long time. He twirled the small braided bracelet between his fingers. Although he had been seeing that but a mare object, his mind was occupied by the Canadian girl.

His current predicament could only take him back to years ago. It almost seemed like history was repeating itself.

a.n: i kinda wanna write another ff but I'm debating wether another Haechan or another nct member, possibly dreamies.