Walking Shoes

So sorry for my inactivity! I hope this long-ish chapter makes up for my absence!

Rian wakes with a big stretch and a yawn, sprawling himself outward until majority of the bed is taken up. Gurjin groans as the Stonewood kicks him. He shifts around, twisting and turning as he continues to stretch.

"Sog off."
Gurjin grumbles, pausing between words to enunciate his annoyance.

"I'm stretching."
Rian huffs back, intentionally knocking him with his elbow. Gurjin responds promptly, by kicking Rian right over the edge of the bed. The Stonewood falls, the sound of tearing fabric catching Gurjin's attention as Rian thuds onto the wooden floor. Rian squirms as he realizes he isn't completely on the floor, only pulling another dreadful tear. Gurjin peaks over the side of the bed, instantly bursting into laughter.

Rian had gotten his linen breeches caught on a splinter off the bed frame. Rian huffs, kicking his legs to free himself. He eventually decides the path of least resistance is to just rid himself of the stupid things and wiggle out of them. Rian attempts to stifle the Drenchen's laughter by whipping the torn linens at him. Gurjin just continues to cackle as he pulls the now unwearable pants from his face.

"Guess you could make some handkerchiefs?"
Gurjin suggests, looking to the red-faced Stonewood who's just stood up. He's got undershorts on, but he still holds his tunic down below anything private. Gurjin looks to the boy for a moment, a light blush dusting his ears. Rian notices the slight pink tinge, but stays quiet, his own ear twitching in response. He gives an exasperated sigh, quickly moving for his bag.

"Not sure what I'm meant to wear to bed now."
Rian grumbles, pulling out his clothes for the day. He steps into his pants, pulling them up and tying off the draw string loosely.

"Prude, just sleep in your shorts."
Gurjin rolls his eyes. He's always done that but Rian's always preferred to wear clothes to bed.

"We live in uncertain times, Gurjin." Rian starts, pulling off his linen tunic. "If there were an emergency and Brea broke down our door, I'd like to be clothed."
Rian huffs as he pulls on his shirt, his head popping out. Gurjin watches sweetly as he slips his hands beneath his hair to pull it through the neck of the shirt.

"I bet Brea would hardly care." Gurjin says as he leans to the bedside table, reaching for the pitcher of water. "I've yet to meet anyone who's turned down a gander at my muscles."
Gurjin brags as he pours himself a cup.

"Really, Gurjin?" Rian huffs as he shrugs his vest over his shoulders. "In an emergency? She'd be glad to be one rag away from seeing your-?"
Rian hesitates, unsure if he's prepared to finish without going red in the face.

"Go ahead, Rian." He says, lifting the cup to his lips. "Say it."
He prods before taking a sip.

"Your pickle."
Rian says flatly, Gurjin spluttering, not all too differently than a hooyim out of water. Rian chuckles as he watches Gurjin cough up his drink, his face red as he turns to look at the Stonewood.

"Please, for the love of Thra, never call it that ever again."
Gurjin pleads, not a fan of the new term.

"Oh, honey pots.."
He shakes his head. He picks up his socks and sits, pulling them over his feet. They're clearly on their last legs-no pun intended- but they look as though they were very comfortable in their prime. He can tell that they were once very colourful, the Stonewood seldom wears colours so bright. The boy takes his boots and pulls them on his feet, the soles worn flat with laces tattered from overuse. He ties up what's left of the laces and stands, looking to the small mirror to fix his hair. He conjures a brush from his bag and begins gently brushing the soft tufts. He lets out a groan as his small braids come loose. Gurjin gives a soft sigh as he sits up, yawning as he makes his way to Rian. He stands behind the boy and gently runs his fingers through his hair. He smiles as he carefully redoes the Stonewood's random braids. Rian sighs softly into his touch, shutting his eyes to enjoy Gurjin's strong fingers, delicately fixing his hair.