Stargazing and Bracelets

Some lovely, lovely fluff. Just as a treat : )

The group is in a small field, their campsite just out of the clearing (to stay unnoticed) they stargaze as the breeze blows gently. Not much talking goes on besides Brea as she endlessly refers to her astrology textbook. Gurjin subtly holds Rian's hand, laying close by his side. Kylan looks to his right, Brea with her nose in her book. He gives a soft sigh as she looks to Naia, giggling softly as she flips through the pages. Kylan looks back up. The stars twinkling brightly against the inky black sky.

"What're you all going to do when this is all over?"
He asks, genuinely curious to hear their plans. Naia huffs out a laugh.

"I'm going home! I used to want to travel but now- now I just want to stick to my swamps."
She says with a smile, the thought of the damp rich soil giving her comfort.

"I agree. We've been gone far too long. There's nothing I'd love to do more than be back with our family."
Gurjin smiles to himself not really realizing the subject of missing your family members may be a little raw for some. Brea and Rian make brief eye contact. Brea thinks for a moment wondering where her path leads.

"Well.. I suppose I'd be off to help Seladon lead.." She says with a simple shrug. "She'll need the support."
The others nod as they all agree. The group falls quiet for a moment before Kylan decides to fill the quiet.

"I'd like to travel.. I like the idea of being on the road, a nomadic life. We get to see a lot out here, but we don't get to truly experience what these places have to offer.. I'd like to revisit it all."
He smiles sweetly. Naia smiles to her friend. She'd expect nothing less of the silly SongTeller. The group once again falls silent, waiting for a certain Stonewood to fill the air with his voice. The truth is; Rian doesn't know where he'll go after this. He's lived in the castle for so long, clearly that's not an option. His village is in ruin, occupied by nothing but fizzgigs now. Gurjin said he wanted to be with him, but he's not sure the Drenchen would want him just following him around for the rest of his life.

"Rian?"
Brea asks softly, patiently awaiting an answer. Rian pops back to reality with a sharp breath.

"Uh-.. well, I haven't.. decided yet. I suppose I haven't thought about it."
Rian says. That's as specific as he'd like to be at the moment. He feels.. lost and at the very least slightly misplaced. He feels Gurjin squeeze his hand gently, offering him at least some comfort. The group continues to stare at the sky. No one says so, but they know what Rian means. Talking about his village or his family has been somewhat of a sore spot for the boy, they try to avoid forcing him to think on it too much.

After laying about for maybe half an hour long, Brea sits up with a stretch, Naia watching her back as she raises her arms over her head.

"I should be getting to bed."
She yawns, Kylan sitting up with a nod.

"Bedtime it is, then."
Naia sighs as she sits, catching the Vapran's contagious yawn. As all the gelfling stand to return to their tents, Gurjin places his hand over Rian's chest. Gesturing for him to stay where he is. Rian looks to the Drenchen staying down as Gurjin asked. He waits for their friends to leave before letting Rian sit properly.

"What's this then, jinny?"
He titters softly to the Drenchen.

"I just wanted to talk to you for a minute.."
Gurjin sends him a sweet smile, placing his hand on the boys leg. Rian watches his hand.

"I know what you meant when you were talking earlier.."
Gurjin starts. Rian's smile fades as he realizes the conversation isn't so light.

"Oh- no, that's alright I-"
He stammers a bit as Gurjin continues.

"No, no, Rian, that's not what I'm- okay uhhh."
He fumbles his words a bit, starting to blush. Rian stares in utter confusion, Gurjin never acts this way.

"Are you feeling alright?"
He asks leaning close to him, placing the back of his hand against his forehead. Gurjin shoes the hand away.

"I told you before!" He starts, "that I wanted to spend my life with you, you remember?"
Gurjin says looking to Rian. The nervousness in his voice fills Rian with intense worry. The Stonewood shakes his head before stammering.

"No- w-yes I- I remember."
He says looking to gurjin. He panics slightly worried of the next words to come from Gurjin's mouth.

"Well I- I just wanted to well- make it more official, I suppose."
Gurjin smiles, tucking a few strands of hair behind his ear. Rian's eyes widen as his face reddens completely. Gurjin smiles at the boys sweet reaction. He pulls out a small woven bracelet similar to the one he'd made for Gurjin as childling.

"Listen, I- I know it's not much but it's just until I can get you something proper-"
Gurjin tries to explain himself before Rian leaps into his arms, hugging him as tightly as he's able. He's hardly able to speak, his smile so wide it's almost painful. He lets out happy huffs not even sure he can speak. Gurjin chuckles.

"I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's a no then?"
He jokes. Rian pulls back, laughing as he holds Gurjin's jaw.

"Yes!"
He nearly squeals, crashing his lips into the Drenchen's. He continues to kiss Gurjin, the two sitting in the grass in absolute bliss. Rian smiles as Gurjin pulls away, taking Rian's hand. Rian watches as he fastens the bracelet around his wrist.

"I'm not as good at making them as you are.."
He chuckles with slight embarrassment. Rian shakes his head with a smile.

"No, it's perfect!" He looks to Gurjin's eyes, "I love you, Gurjin."
He nods, wrapping his arms around the Drenchen again. He fiddles with the bracelet as he smiles widely.

"I love you too."
Gurjin replies as he holds Rian close to his chest. The Drenchen stands with a grin, pulling Rian with him.

"I don't care where we end up Rian.. I go where you go."
He smiles wide, the familiar words holding the same meaning but with a happier thought. They pull away as Rian tries to contain himself, finishing the familiar line.

"Alright, together then."
He giggles, refusing to let go of the Drenchen's shoulders. They nod to each other with huge bright smiles.

Gurjin leads Rian back to their tent, where to boys snuggle all through the night, both unable to sleep from their excitement. The words echo through Rian's mind, Gurjin's the same as they lay with each other happily.