Bickering Twins

Naia going OFF 🙈🙈 please be sure to leave comments!!! It keeps me motivated to keep writing!! :,)

Gurjin's been acting strange. He doesn't seem angry or particularly upset, but he's been antsy and unable to focus. He'd ask Naia but she's also been acting weird, although she just seems angry at everyone. 'But Naia just gets this way' Rian thinks to himself. Every so often Naia will have some little argument with Gurjin and be short with him for a few days, although they hadn't argued- at least not to Rian's knowledge.

Rian's already asked Gurjin what's bothering him many times but he never gets a real answer. For the past week now, he's caught Gurjin doing the most un-Gurjin-like things and it's driving him mad. He's woken up in the night to find Gurjin just sitting in bed staring off into space, he's caught him completely zoning out in the middle of conversations, and he's even caught him frowning at his feet all sorry-like. It's completely out of character and it really has the Stonewood worrying. Just as he finishes in his thoughts, Gurjin walks by, carrying a pail of water to Kylan. Rian stands and follows him, trailing up behind him with a soft smile. He places a hand on his shoulder as he sets the pail down in front of Kylan. Gurjin looks to Rian softly, his attention marked by the twitching of his right ear.

"Could I talk to you for a moment?"
The Stonewood asks quietly. Gurjin nods softly and follows Rian off into their tent, Gurjin stopping as he sees Rian's soft frown.

"Gurjin- what's happened to you?" He asks bluntly, "you've been acting strange lately, I'm really beginning to worry!"
Rian pleads for the Drenchen to speak. Gurjin shrugs.

"Nothing in particular? I'm feeling fine."
Gurjin says, a hint of worry in his voice as if he's the one who's concerned. Rian shakes his head.

"No- I know that's a lie because Naia's been all mean lately too! Did she say something to you?"
Rian asks with a frown. Gurjin stares for a moment in silence. He doesn't want to lie but he doesn't want to start any more arguments. Rian stares expectantly, giving him a few more seconds to answer. Once Rian's patience is through, he lets out a sassy huff.

"Fine!" He says with an eye roll. "I'll just have to ask Naia."
He turns to leave the tent as Gurjin's eyes widen.

"Wait- Rian, no, don't do that!"
He urges, grabbing Rian's right shoulder as he approaches the exit. The Stonewood turns to Gurjin.

"Why, what'll happen if I ask?"
Rian asks Gurjin, tilting his head in concern. He seems awfully sure that the conversation would go over poorly. To Rian's detest, Gurjin holds his silence, just giving a quick head shake. Rian sends a soft glare his way.

"Suppers finished!"
Kylan calls from outside. Rian gives a soft sigh before looking back up to Gurjin with kind eyes. He gently brings his hands up to his chest, straightening the Drenchen's jerkin. He tucks a stray braid behind his ear and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. Gurjin gives him a tired smile and follows him out of the tent. Rian sits in the dusty dirt surrounding the fire, Gurjin sitting down right next to him. Brea and Naia have already started eating, but it seems Kylan waited for the boys, he's always been polite that way.

"Thank you, Kylan."
The boys nod as they're handed their food. The three boys eat silently, but aside from a few unsettling looks from Naia, nothing particularly interesting happens. Rian thinks for a moment, staring off into the woods. He's pulled from his thoughts as he feels his bowl shift in his hands. He looks forward to see Gurjin snatching his starch root bulbs.

"Hey!"
He exclaims, pulling his bowl away, stifling his laughter. He looks to his bowl seeing how many Gurjin had managed to snag. He looks back to order them back but it's too late, Gurjin's already popped them into his mouth. Rian sighs with a smile. Annoying? Yes, but at least Gurjin's doing Gurjin things again. He can't help but notice Naia's glaring from the corner of his eye, however. The others notice too. Rather than sticking around to see what's got Naia in such a sour mood, Kylan and Brea, quickly scarf down their food, quietly retreating to their tents in a hurry. Their behaviour worries Rian. Perhaps he should be more frightened of the Drenchen girl. The silence eats at them all.