Smerth part 3.

This is the last part I think I'll do for this story. Also the beginning was hard to write for my innocent self. This story was requested by @hannahisthebomb99

The boys were minding their business, well- each other's business to be perfectly honest. Gurjin had Rian on the bed leaned up against the wall playfully peppering kisses all over the Stonewood's face. The Stonewood laughs, squirming as the Drenchen's soft kisses tickle his face. Gurjin pulls back grinning wide at Rian's goofy smile and rosy cheeks.

"I love you so much."
Gurjin says suavely. He firmly connects their lips in a kiss, Rian pulling Gurjin even closer.

"I love you too."
Rian mutters between kisses. It doesn't take long for Gurjin to deepen the kiss, Rian holding the Drenchen's jaw as if his life depends on it. Rian hums into the kiss softly as Gurjin's hands stroke his sides. The larger gelfling nips at the tan boys lip, earning him a soft whimper as Rian links his arms behind Gurjin's neck. The sounds from Rian's lips only leave the Drenchen craving more. He begins turning his attention to the Stonewood's jaw, then to his neck. He sucks and bites marks onto the boys skin, pulling sweet soft noises from his throat.

Rian moves his arms down Gurjin's back, taking a fist fulls of gurjins shirt as he bites down on his skin. Rian hums, looking over the Drenchen's shoulder, his eyes settling on the door across the room. He stares for a moment before squeezing his eyes shut as Gurjin sends shivers down his spine. The two boys continue this way, both blissfully unaware of their surroundings. In this moment all that matters is each other.

Rian sighs shakily, completely missing the quiet knock on the door. With his eyes still shut, he lets out a soft whimper as the door opens. Hearing a small sound, he opens his eyes with a gasp. He squirms beneath the drenchen, frantically tapping his back as he sees Brea step into the room. Gurjin, pulls off of the Stonewood, turning to see what's going on. His eyes widen as he stares at the Vapran.

"Shit."
Gurjin mutters. Brea's face twists into some unreadable expression before shaking her head and quickly leaving the room. Rian hops off the bed quickly going after the Vapran.

"Rian- I don't think that's-"
Gurjin starts, but Rian's already left. He quickly jogs up behind Brea.

"Brea, wait- please."
He says, placing a hand on her shoulder. She squirms from under his touch and turns to him.

"Don't touch me-"
She spits, taking a step back.

"I'm- I'm sorry- I didn't mean for you to see that!"
He apologizes. Brea continues walking quickly down the hallway. She stops in front of Naia's door, knocking loudly before walking in.

"Brea, wait-"
He says, unsure of what to do. He takes a deep breath starting to panic a bit. He quickly walks back to Gurjin's room looking at him defeatedly.

"She went into Naia's room."
He sighs. Gurjin gives a small hum, walking up to Rian and giving him a soft hug.

"Heh.. I told you we'd be caught here."
He says with a weak smile.

"I'm sorry, Gurjin."
Rian apologizes, feeling responsible.

"You've nothing to feel sorry for, my sapling.. I'm sure it'll be fine. I think we should just get some sleep."
Gurjin says, taking the boy to his bed.

The two boys lay down, Gurjin holding his little Stonewood close. He strokes the boys hair in hopes to calm his nerves as he falls asleep.

****

Brea knocks loudly on Naia's door before entering. Feeling conflicted she looks to Naia who's just stirred from her sleep.

"What? What's going on, is something wrong??"
She says sitting up to see the vapran. Brea walks a bit closer, visibly distressed.

"Yes, I- I just walked into Gurjin's room because I needed to ask a question and- they were- they were kissing!"
She says frantically, unsure of what to do. Naia stares. She's not surprised per se, but she had been wondering about that.

"...okay?"
She says, wondering what the issue is.

"What do you mean 'okay'? Gurjin- he was- on top of Rian!"
She adds on confused as to why Naia is unfazed.

"Ew.. Brea, don't tell me about what my brother gets up to in his spare time. I think we should just leave them be."
She says, laying her head back on her pillow.

"I don't understand why you're so calm about it??"
Brea says, her face twisting in disgust as the image rots in her brain. Naia sighs with a groan. She sits back up looking to Brea.

"Brea! You walked into someone's room while they were doing something private, and the first thing you did was go snitch to his sister! It's none of our business!!"
Naia argues to the Vapran. Brea isn't finished. She's lived her whole life being taught that was wrong and she's having trouble understanding that others weren't raised with the same teachings.

"We don't have time for these kinds of relationships!! The distractions will interfere with the resistance!"
She argues back again.

"When has it interfered? Goodness, they don't even act like a couple! Tell me, who do you think they're harming?"
Naia asks the pale girl in front of her. Brea straightens her back looking at Naia sternly.

"The Stonewoods."
She says flatly.

"..what?"
Naia tilts her head, wondering if Brea is really about to say what she thinks she will.

"After Stone-in-the-Wood fell, their population was nearly wiped out!! A strong and powerful clan is about to vanish from Thra and he just decides he'll go off with some boy instead of helping his own clan from the brink of extinction!!"
Brea speaks clearly and coldly. Naia stares at her in bafflement.

"Brea.. you are a close friend of mine.. but don't you ever say that to Rian! Do you understand? He's already lost so much, even thinking of putting that weight on him is downright evil."
Naia warns her sternly. Brea shakes her head with a huff.
"If I can offer you any advice tonight; keep your nose from their business. My brothers life isn't yours to criticize and neither is Rian's."
She adds. She looks to Brea who looks slightly hurt now. She loves everyone in their group, including Gurjin and Rian. She doesn't wish to hurt any of them, but it's too difficult to let go of the views she's been fed her entire life.

"Why would the Vaprans teach me to think this way if it weren't true??"
She asks still feeling conflicted.

"I don't know, Brea. Your status relies on you marrying a man to continue your family tree, they probably just didn't want you straying from the path they'd laid out for you."
Naia says, beginning to soften her tone.
"Now, please. I'd like to get back to bed."
The Drenchen girl sighs, laying her head back down on her pillow. Brea looks to Naia softly.

"I'm sorry for waking you."
She says as she leaves, gently closing her door. As she walks back to the room she'd been staying in, she stops for a moment. Looking to Gurjin's door. She contemplated trying to apologize for snapping at Rian the way she did but figured she's not wanted at the moment. She returns to her room in a state of complete confusion. Perhaps the Vaprans were wrong, just as they were wrong about the clans hierarchy. She falls asleep thinking this way and curls up beneath her blankets.