An Argument and a New Friend

This takes place back at the castle. A little bit of angst and fluff in the most tragically un-Gurjian way possible. Be sure to leave some comments for me please! :,)

Gurjin's been rather fed up with Rian lately. For the past two weeks, Rian's been working himself half to death just to make his old man happy. The Drenchen wishes he could say he works from dawn till dusk but the Stonewood's even started taking extra shifts at night on top of it all. He lugs himself around tiredly, his eyes droopy and his personality nonexistent. As much as it tortured him watching Rian work himself so thin, he really just misses having his friend around. The boy needs a break.

Rian stands at his post, it's his last shift of the day— well night more like. The brothers have been set for a few hours and he was eager to get back and sleep. The best part of working this hard is that he's so tired that he hasn't the energy to distract himself with his own thoughts. He stares idly from his post, his body stiff in its fixed posture. His ears perk up and twitch as he hears footsteps approaching. He doesn't move but he sees his father from the corner of his eye, clearly for looking things to correct him on. To Ordon's surprise there aren't any. His father places a firm hand on his shoulder as he passes.

"Good work."
He mutters to the boy.

"Thank you."
Rian chirps, keeping his excitement to a minimum.

"This shift is through in a few moments then, is it?"
His father asks just to make conversation with his son. Rian nods glancing to him with a kind smile, one that always reminded Ordon of Shoni's.

"Alright well, straight to bed then, do you understand?"
Ordon orders the boy, his voice lacking any anger. Rian nods again as his father takes his leave. He smiles wide to himself. The compliment- although simple and effortless was enough to keep him happy, at least for a little while. He smiles to himself as he rides out the last few minutes of his shift. The next gelfling comes on time, taking Rian's place and bidding him a goodnight as he takes his post. The Stonewood happily walks down the hallway. Rian's nearly back at his bunk room, eager to get some rest for his early shift in the morning. For a moment he considers staying out, but it's already past curfew for those not working shifts and being caught out would ruin his good behaviour streak. He quickly shakes the thought and is about to enter when he's grabbed by a familiar gelfling.

Gurjin takes him by his arm, leading him from the door. He practically drags the boy, knowing well Rian could use some fun in his boring day. Rian instantly protests this action, he's already made up his mind about staying out.

"Gurjin, what are you doing! You're past curfew!"
He says in a hushed tone, still struggling against his friends grip.

"Oh, come on! When's that ever bothered you? Just follow me, I've got something amazing to show you! I've been waiting all unum for it!"
He smiles still pulling the boy along. Rian shakes his head yanking his hand away as Gurjin continues.

"No! I-!! No, I won't go. I need to get sleep and I don't want to get myself in trouble for one of your stupid tricks!"
He says, trying to keep his voice down. The Drenchen isn't so cautious.

"Ah- you're no fun, Rian! It's no trick, I promise! You'll really love this!"
He laughs, by now he's pulled him pretty far from their room.

"Ugh! What is it??"
Rian asks, wondering what's so wonderful about this verboten little adventure.

"It's a surprise!"
Gurjin smiles wide, still certain of his idea. He pulls Rian further down the hall. Rian only scoffs again, he refuses to taint his new record with one of Gurjin's ploys. He frees himself from Gurjin's playful dragging and gives the boy a slight glare. He opens his mouth to speak out for himself when a deep voice takes their attention.