Helping Gurjin (pt. 2)

"Hey, Kylan."
Gurjin says, slightly displeased.

"Hello!" Kylan greets him. "Let's get started, shall we?"
The Spriton smiles wide as he sits down.

"Come sit."
He tells the Drenchen. Gurjin sighs, his ears tinting pink. The boy feels rather embarrassed to finally be partaking in this. He sits slouched in front of the Spriton and looks to him for further instruction.

"It'd be best if you fixed your posture. A slouched back and shoulders closes the airways."
Kylan says, his legs crossed and back straight. Gurjin blushes slightly as he mirrors the boys position.

"Perfect." He chirps. "Now take a deep breath for me."
He says as he watches Gurjin. The Drenchen takes a deep inhale, his chest rising and falling as he releases. Kylan places his index on his chest.

"That's your first mistake. Breathing with your chest is often a sign of stress or discomfort. It can give a feeling of tightness and can cause tension in your shoulders and back. You want to breath from your abdomen."
He says as he places his hands on his own stomach. He takes a deep breath demonstrating the way his hands rise and fall with his belly. Gurjin watches.

"I'll look like an oaf if I do that."
Gurjin complains. Kylan gives a small huff.

"An oaf who knows how to breathe properly."
He adds. Kylan looks to Gurjin for a moment to make sure his posture is still proper.

"Alright I'm going to teach you the first exercise. It's very simple but I swear it will do wonders for your nerves." He assures him. "First exhale all the air from your lungs."
He waits for Gurjin to do so.

"Now I want you to calmly inhale through your nose for four seconds."
1..2..3..4 Once Gurjin's taken his breath he continues.
"Hold it for seven seconds."
1..2..3..4..5..6..7
"Now exhale through your mouth for eight."
1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8. Gurjin looks to him feeling like an utter idiot.

"Wonderful! You obviously need no help with that. Now you just repeat it with me a few times. It's very calming to the mind if you shut your eyes and try to clear it of any thought-"
Gurjin cuts him off.

"Nope- I told you I'm not doing that weird meditation crap."
Gurjin says clearly, shaking his head in his refusal. Kylan gives a soft sigh.

"I'm not going to force you to meditate. Unfortunately that's not how that works. But please at least do the breaths with me. If you do it with me for five minutes I'll let you go."
Kylan promises as Gurjin huffs another sigh. He doesn't want to be rude to Kylan. His family's known him for quite a long time and Gurjin thinks of him as a cousin of sorts. He's always sort of been around and while he's great at giving advice on a multitude of topics, his seemingly endless wisdom can be bothersome when unasked for.

"Alright."
He nods, figuring he should just be cooperative.

He follows along with Kylans breathing, trying his best to keep his posture, breathe from his abdomen while still keeping time. They continue for a few minutes and he feels himself become more relaxed with each breath. He eventually lets his eyes fall shut as he continues, the breathes becoming more and more natural to him. Kylan opens his eyes. It's been five minutes and he'd promised he'd let Gurjin go, but he's doing so well. The Spriton simply closes his eyes again and lets the boy continue.

They stay this way for maybe about fifteen minutes before Gurjin realizes and opens his eyes. He squints at Kylan for a moment. The little bugger, he always had a way of tricking people into these things. But Gurjin isn't upset in the slightest, he does feel more relaxed. He lets a sigh pass his lips, capturing the Spriton's attention.

"Finished, have you."
He asks as he opens his eyes once more. Gurjin nods with a soft smile.

"Yes. You certainly have a way of getting me to do these things, don't you."
Gurjin smiles softly.

"I simply get you started, you continue by your own will."
Kylan smiles back. He knows Gurjin needs these practices, the boy stresses too much. Most of the group believes it to be Rian who's always gotten himself frazzled but that's just because Rian's much worse at hiding it. Gurjin chuckles softly.

"Yes, I suppose you're right."
Gurjin admits.

"Don't stress yourself, Gurjin. I know you think you're good at keeping a lid on yourself, but if you continue the breathing exercises and- Thra forbid you actually meditate for once, you'll begin to feel a whole lot better. Rian won't meditate either, but if you pay attention to him you'll see he uses that exercise. It's little things like that that really curbed those panic episodes of his. I really think you should use them too, even if it's just a little bit throughout the day."
Kylan advises. Gurjin stands up, looking back to the Spriton as he turns.

"Thank you, Kylan."
He says with a nod. Kylan simply smiles.

He returns back to his tent and looks to Rian. Clearly he's grown tired of weaving as he now lays curled up napping. He sits next to the boy and gently places a hand on his shoulder. He loves seeing the little man so relaxed and content, but it's too early in the evening to be in bed. He'll never fall asleep later on if he stays this way.

He tickles the Stonewood's ear, watching it as it flicks about. It doesn't take long for Rian to wake up with a groan.

"Leave them be, Gurjin. You know they don't like to be touched."
He grumbles.

"You say that as if they're not your own."
Gurjin chuckles as he continues to poke the gelfling awake.

"I'm tireeeeed, leave me."
Rian groans. He is rather fond of his naps, the little fizzgig.

"You know what happens when you don't get up, Rian."
Gurjin threatens. Rian lazily lifts his hand, pointing to Gurjin defensively.

"You wouldn't dare."
He warns, peeking at him through his messy hair.

Without a second in delay, Gurjin begins tickling Rian, yelling out a playful roar as the boy squirms and cackles. As he continues to wriggle away, Gurjin moves with him, climbing over top of him as he continues torture the boy. Rian covers his tummy with his hands to block Gurjin's troublesome fingers. The Drenchen takes Rian by his wrists and pins them on either side of his head. He leans in close.

"Are you going to get up?"
He asks with a smile. Rian blushes up at him with a nod. Gurjin squeezes his wrists gently.

"What was that, love?"
His eyes narrow.

"Yes."
Rian stares wide eyed, still blushing.

"Good."
Gurjin smiles warmly, giving Rian a quick kiss on the lips before getting off of him entirely. He moves to his bag, rummaging through it as he acts as if he nothing had happened. Rian sits up as his tries patting his hair back down to being flat—Sleeping always messes it up.

"Sheesh.."
Rian mumbles quietly. It always flips his composure upside down when Gurjin gets all intense like that. The Drenchen smiles as he pulls out a small hair tie, pulling his hair up into an untidy mess that Rian can only assume is a bun of some kind.

"And might I ask what you're staring at, darling?"
Gurjin teases. Rian's nose scrunches.

"Oh, shut up, you idiot."
Rian grumbles. Gurjin chuckles looking to him.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asks coyly. "You look flustered."
He taunts as Rian scoffs as he suppresses a smile.

"I hate you."
He says simply."