Yellow Sweeties

Rian and Gurjin sit in a lovely patch of flowers. —They were in a fairly relaxed times so gelfling were often indulging in festivities, dances, and overall good fun. This being said; Gurjin and Rian were happily spending nearly every day together. Gurjin had found the lovely flower patch in the sun and had convinced Rian to come with him to see it. —

"See, i told you it was nice here?"
Gurjin says pulling Rian to sit amongst the wildflowers. Rian smiles wide sitting next to Gurjin in the warm sunlight.

"Yes, it's-.. it's lovely."
He said in awe of all the colours. Gurjin pulls Rian close.

"Not half as lovely as you, my sapling."
Gurjin says suavely. Rian's face reddens at the comment, giving Gurjin a playful punch in the shoulder. He rolls his eyes as he looks off bashfully.

"What does that even mean?"
He shakes his head suppressing a smile. Gurjin chuckles, the tips of his ears turning a soft pink.

"Well- I thought.. you're Stonewood.. and you're my sweet little baby.. baby Stonewood.. baby tree? Sapling??"
Gurjin chuckles with a blush as he attempts to explain his thought process on the nickname. Rian stares for a moment a wide smile slowly growing on his face. They stare at each other for a moment before Rian bursts into laughter. Gurjin pushes Rian away shaking his head with a soft laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. alright, that's enough from you."
He kisses his teeth, his cheeks burning pink. Rian struggles to bring his laughter down to speak.

"No, no.. it's uh- hahaha- I can respect the effort you put into that."
Rian breaks into another fit of laughter.

"Oh-! Well, now you're just being mean!"
Gurjin says only causing Rian's laughter to heighten further. He slaps his knee curling in on himself as he begins to cramp up. Gurjin smiles staring at his friend. When Rian calms down, he looks up at Gurjin, crawling back up to him. He gives him a sweet kiss on his cheek. Gurjin smiles, instantly forgiving the Stonewood's teasing and turns Rian's face to his own for a proper kiss. Rian moves up, sitting on his knees to match Gurjin's height a little more. They kiss sweetly for a few moments before Rian pauses. Gurjin hums quietly opening his eyes a crack to see what's keeping Rian. He shakes his head softly making a face. He squeezes his eyes shut tilting his head back with a shaky breath.

"Ria-?"
Gurjin doesn't even have a chance to finish before Rian let's out an intense high pitched sneeze, turning away as not to sneeze in the drenchen's face. Gurjin laughs as Rian looks up with a groan. He goes to hold Rian but as he does Rian pulls away, falling into an aggressive fit of sneezes. Gurjin watches guffawing at the way the stonewood sneezes. When he finishes, Rian sniffles rubbing his nose with another groan.

"Oi, mate, are you alright?"
He says wiping a tear of laughter from his lash line. Rian shakes his head as if to shake the sneezing away. He looks around, taking a closer look at their surroundings. Lovely small yellow flowers grow scattered all around them. Rian recognizes them from his childhood and sighs. 'Yellow sweeties' he thinks to himself. He's terribly allergic to the pretty little things. He ignores them regardless, nodding to Gurjin.

"Perfectly fine. Just a couple sneezes."
He says nasally. Gurjin smiles softly, pulling Rian for a tight hug. He smiles into his smooth hair, stroking it softly.

"You're so cute, Rian.. you sneeze like a baby fizzgig."
He hangs onto him tightly, with a chuckle. He pauses for a moment and quickly pulls away as he feels Rian reel back for another sneeze. He sneezes loudly, covering his nose to hide the mucus he's just expelled. Gurjin laughs loudly again, pulling his handkerchief from his pocket and handing it to Rian. The stonewood, blows his nose hard, his eyes beginning to water from the allergy.

"Rian, maybe we should move, you're beginning to sound like the collector."
He chuckles. Rian nods with a quiet titter.

"It's the little yellow sweeties.. I'm allergic to the pollen."
He says, his clogged sinuses making his voice nasal and weak. Gurjin sighs

"that's a shame.. it was a lovely place to sit... no matter, lets get you back."
He says kindly helping the stonewood to his feet. He sneezes into the handkerchief again, mumbling a quiet thank you. They begin walking back to their camp Gurjin wrapping his arms around Rian's shoulders.

"Sweet sapling, you look terrible. I'm sorry I took you there, I didn't know you'd get so ill from it."
Gurjin says softly. Rian smiles through his pink nose and puffy eyes.

"No worries, I still enjoyed myself. This won't last long anyway, once I get some fresh air it should clear right up."
He says with his nose still stuffed and runny.

"Well I should hope so, I was looking forward to getting some kisses from you before you started sneezing your nose inside out."
Gurjin teases lightly. Rian blows his nose getting rid of most of the snot still clogging his nostrils.

"You can still kiss me, I'll just run out of breath quicker."
He jokes. Gurjin chuckles, placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Don't worry, Rian. I'd still love you even if you were a puffy snot monster."
Rian chuckles at Gurjin's tease. Gurjin thinks for a moment before stifling a laugh as a random memory pops into his head.

"Do you remember.. back at the castle when we scared all those Podlings with the bed sheets and skeksis armour?"
He laughs as he reminds the stonewood. Rian laughs loudly.

"And then they told my father there were ghosts in the corridors??"
Rian adds, still laughing uncontrollably. He hangs onto Gurjin through his laughing fit.

"Oh, when my father found out it was us!"
Rian continues as they laugh boisterously.

"He really chewed us out for that one."
Gurjin sighs before Rian cuts in

"Well you got off easy!! I got the strap for that!! I couldn't wear my bracers or my spaulders for a week!" (Rian's father was not very patient when it came to his sons poor behaviour. Rian still had marks from constantly finding himself in trouble for their shenanigans.) Rian shakes his head, still smiling despite his misfortune. Gurjin looks to the ground for a moment as they walk.

"..ugh.. but the Podlings faces.."
He says quietly, throwing the two back into loud, heavy laughter. Rian hangs onto Gurjin's arm using him as support as he stumbles through his laughing fit. When he opens his eyes he sees their friends. Rian hadn't even realized they'd gotten back so quickly. Now they all just stare at the two, Rian red faced, hanging onto Gurjin like a needy housewife. He immediately stands straight releasing Gurjin from his clutch. He clears his throat looking to his fellow gelfling.

"You two seem in a rather good mood?"
Naia teases. Gurjin rolls his eyes at his sister as she looks at Rian's puffy face. Although his nose has cleared for the most part, his face is still a little red and puffy.
"Gurjin, what did you do to him?"
She asks sending him a glare.

"What?! Me-? I didn't do anything!! He's just got allergies."
They both nod. Naia sighs with a chuckle as the others carry on with their business, pretending they didn't notice the affectionate way Rian was clinging to his friend.

"Let's go, Rian."
Gurjin playfully acts offended by his sisters accusations and begins walking with Rian. They all wave at each other kindly as they walk away to their tent where Rian gives Gurjin all the kisses he could ever want.