Rian and Gurjin goofing off, also Brea finds mushrooms.

This chapter was originally going to be really really angsty but I made it fluffy instead because I'm nice. It also gets lazy towards the end, I never know how to end these.

The second brother was beginning to set, casting warm light on the group as they travel. They currently hike through an old overgrown path, ducking branches and pushing through leaves and bushes.

"We'd better find a clearing soon.. we won't have time to set up camp before dark."
Kylan urges softly, looking to Naia who walks a few feet ahead of him. She nods with a sigh.

"I'm sure we'll find one soon. If not, we'll have to keep walking. We couldn't possibly set up camp anywhere around here with all the overgrowth."
Naia says bluntly. Kylan nods softly, understanding the situation. He slows back down to meet Brea's pace, just enjoying her company. The boys walk a little ways behind them, Gurjin telling terrible jokes to hear Rian's quiet giggles. Gurjin basks in the praise that is Rian's sweet titter. He takes Rian's hand in his own, gently rubbing his thumb over his soft tan skin. Rian looks down smiling at his feet with a faint blush.

"Really?"
Gurjin chuckles.
"So flustered and all I've done is hold your hand. You're too easy, it's not even fun."
Gurjin teases in a low tone. Rian scoffs. He yanks his hand away rolling his eyes. Gurjin chuckles and wraps his arm around Rian's waist, pulling the stonewood close to his side.

Soon enough they approach a small clearing. A lovely spot with clusters of moss and soft grass. Kylan smiles, crouching down to inspect some fungi.

"Psst."
He looks to Brea.
"You'll love these for your journal."
He says with a smile. Brea beams at him digging through her bag for her book. She takes her supplies and settles herself beside Kylan, immediately beginning to sketch out the funny looking mushrooms.

"Hold on, you haven't even seen what they do yet."
He chuckles.
"They're palehiders."
Brea tilts her head staring at the bright blue caps.

"Palehiders..? But why-?"
She begins asking as Kylan holds his hand up one finger raised to hush her. With that same finger he gently pokes one of the caps. In an instant, the cobalt blue cap shifts to a beautiful pale shade before sucking itself into the dirt with a satisfying 'shwoop' Brea gasp with a gleeful titter. She scribbles something down in her book before poking the others, just to watch their colour shift and sink into the soil.

Naia watches the two gelfling with her face twisted in confusion. She shakes her head and turns to her brother and Rian.

"I suppose you two will be gathering tonight. These two seem rather busy."
She says with a soft smile. The two boys nod as they both begin searching the immediate area for wood and possible food. Not finding much nearby, the two boys begin wandering further into the woods. By now they're out of sight chatting freely.

"Should we try catching something?"
Gurjin asks looking around for possible meals. Rian thinks for a moment.

"Isn't Kylan a vegetarian?"
He asks looking off, holding his chin in thought. Gurjin looks up tilting his head.

"Is he?"
He asks back.

"Well you've known him a lot longer than I have, that's why I'm asking."
Rian adds only contributing to the confusion.

"I don't know- why would he be??"
Gurjin asks back.

"Well aren't all Spriton's vegetarians??"
Rian shrugs beginning to playfully raise his voice.

"I didn't think so, but now you've got me all confused! Are they???"
Gurjin raises his voice further, looking to Rian.

"I don't know!!!"
Rian shouts, flailing his hands around dramatically.