Fever

Notes:
Hello! Sorry I'm going a bit out of order. I'm still planning on getting part two or 'Rian's letters' out but I'm currently stuck. Thankfully, I've gotten some amazing prompts from @llovelysyd to keep me busy! Now that I've mostly finished school stuff, I should be pretty active again. I'm always open to requests and comments really keep me motivated! Thank you

Rian let's a small groan pass his lips as he walks, Gurjin close by his side.

"Whats the matter?"
Gurjin asks, glancing to him with a frown.

"I've just got a bit of a headache."
He says with a slight wince as his head throbs. The Drenchen keeps his eyes on him, his gaze soft and sympathetic.

"You ate this morning, yeah?"
He asks. Perhaps he's only hungry.

"Yes, I ate plenty."
Rian answers with a slight nod. He walks quietly for a moment wondering what could have caused this when Gurjin taps his shoulder. He holds a canteen to him.

"Water will help."
Gurjin says with a nod. If he isn't hungry he's probably dehydrated. Walking all day takes more energy than one would think- it's easy to forget water. Rian takes the canteen, pulling it to his lips as he sips the water. It's lukewarm and tastes of the river but it's water so he can't complain. After a few gulps, he corks the canteen and hands it back to Gurjin.

"Thank you."
He says, childishly disappointed that it hasn't cured him immediately. He takes a breath, toughing it out. Gurjin gives the boy a quick look, but keeps quiet as to not agitate the pain. They walk silently maybe for another forty-five minutes when Gurjin notices how much further ahead their friends are. Only about fifteen yards but it's still significantly more than it was an hour ago. He'd been rather zoned out for a while so he must not have noticed until now but..

Rian's slowing down.

Gurjin frowns, looking to his friend with concern.

"Not feeling any better?"
He asks softly, looking to the boys heavy step.

"Not much worse?"
He replies with a shrug. Gurjin stops him for a moment, stepping behind the boy to take his bag.

"Gurjin-"
Rian says with a frown.

"Let me carry it- just for a little while."
Gurjin insists, taking it from Rian. The boy sluggishly fights back for a moment before Gurjin manages to slide it from his shoulders. Rian looks up to the Drenchen for a moment. Gurjin finds comfort in Rian's glaring- at least he's still acting relatively normal.

"Thank you."
He gives a nod. Gurjin smiles warmly, slinging the extra bag over his shoulder.

"Dickwads!"
Naia shouts, catching the boys' attention.

"Naia."
Kylan scolds softly, looking to her with slight shock. She brushes him off to continue.

"Hurry up!"
She shouts back at them. Rian starts back up, still walking less energetically than he normally would. Gurjin follows as they continue down the road. He makes a mental note to keep an eye on his friend, monitor his condition- ..just in case it worsens. The group continues walking once the boys catch up, Gurjin staying close in case Rian were to need anything.

The Stonewood stays quiet the rest of their walking, understandably so. They eventually stop to set up camp, Gurjin setting up their tents

"Rian could you go gather firewood?"
Brea asks as she readies herself to head down to the stream. Gurjin looks back at the two, quickly shaking his head.

"No, Rian you should-"
His attempt to stop him from going off alone is interrupted.

"Hush, Gurjin." He says, putting on a kind smile for Brea. "I'll do that now."
Rian smiles.