Sheltered Stonewood

Gurjin was surprised when Rian burst into their bunk room, slamming their door as he entered but he was more surprised to hear that he'd just gotten into an argument with Mira.

"Woah there, what's going on?"
The Drenchen asks as Rian frowns, stepping on his heel and kicking his boot across the room like a toddler. Gurjin stifles a chuckle at the display. He stands as Rian tosses his bag down with a huff.

"Rian!" He calls to the boy, "tell me what's happening!"
He shouts as he holds the boy steady. Rian sighs, as he shrugs him away.

"I'm just stupid." He grumbles as he flops back into Gurjin's bed. "I'm so stupid, Gurjin!"
He groans, his cheeks red as he moans out in embarrassment. Gurjin smiles, sitting beside his friend as he continues groaning.

"What in Thra did you do?"
Gurjin laughs. Rian shakes his head in embarrassment.

"I didn't know what she meant when she said she wanted to-" Rian cuts himself off, refusing to continue. "And she- she told her friends and I'm just-
he cries out. Gurjin looks to him with a frown. Obviously 'she' is Mira. Gurjin can only use his imagination to figure out Rian's jumbled and cut up sentences.

"You're what?"
He asks.

"I don't know anything about anything." He sighs, still being horribly vague. "...I'm inexperienced."
He finally admits, covering his face. He can't bear the humiliation. The situation finally makes sense now. Gurjin clicks his tongue, laying down next to the boy. Gurjin thinks for a moment, he's not so sure he knows what to say. It's a tiny fact Gurjin often forgets. He's been in this castle all his life, Mira's his first girlfriend for crying out loud. It's not that he doesn't have charm, Rian's very personable, it's just that he hasn't been exposed to a lot of.. well, anything. He looks over to Rian with soft eyes.

"It's okay, Rian.. she's-" he shrugs, dreading the sentence. "She's only your first girlfriend, you'll get experience."
He assures his friend, still covering his face.

"I don't understand what I'm meant to do.." He groans uncomfortably. "She told her friends that I don't know what I'm doing and we argued because I- it's not my fault that I don't know- I've never- ugh!! She's the one that wanted to do it all anyway!" Rian shakes his head, Gurjin tries his best to follow as Rian speaks again, "She didn't have to tell anyone.."
He turns his head and makes eye contact with the Drenchen. Gurjin nods and sits up.

"It's alright, Rian. I'm sure she didn't mean any harm in it.."
Gurjin says to the boy.

"She called me a dumb moog."
Rian huffs, thinking back on the ridiculous argument. There's no two ways about being called a moog, it's no better than being called cowardly and sheltered. Gurjin shakes his head.

"Well, perhaps she meant harm in that bit.." Gurjin says quietly, "but, hey.. everyone has to learn that stuff, I had to go through it too- and trust me I was a mess to be with in the beginning."
Gurjin admits with an embarrassed chuckle. The idea of Gurjin fumbling over himself pulls a small laugh from Rian. How unnatural it would be to see Gurjin not acting so nonchalantly.

"Okay- but at least you know now? I should have learned this stuff ages ago!"
Rian argues, sure Gurjin was just short of a trine older but he'd known his way around for some time now. Gurjin shakes his head again.

"I'm not sure how I can help you?"
He shrugs. Gurjin can conjure a few ideas, but nothing that'd be appropriate for them.

"How am I meant to get experience if my partner only laughs.. it's embarrassing, I'd rather not bother.."
Rian confesses. He doesn't want to be laughed at and sure, Mira loves him, but it'd be too embarrassing to admit that her playful teasing is denting his ego. Gurjin sighs. He truly hates to see Rian so defeated. He places a hand on Rian's shoulder.