Exercise?

This chapter really got away from me haha! Sorry it's so short, I'll try getting something else out soon!

Recently it's been fairly quiet and although he can be incredibly lazy, Gurjin's been exercising a lot. He refuses to fall out of shape during such volatile times— he also just enjoys being fit.

He's on his way back from a run, their camp just now coming into view. He slows down as he approaches, and steps into him and Rian's tent.

"I'm back."
He huffs. Rian looks up to him, giving him a subtle up down.

"I see."
He replies simply. He watches Gurjin pant as he reaches for his canteen, taking a long drink from it. Rian finds it difficult to keep his mind from wandering. The Drenchen stands tall and tired, wearing a light tunic rather than the heavy layers he's usually dressed in. His hair is tied back and his face is flushed. Rian just stares.

Gurjin isn't an idiot. He turns his attention to the Stonewood and gives him a questioning look.

"And what is it that you're staring at, Rian?"
He asks lowly as he begins making his way over. Rian shifts his weight from on leg to the other, still sporting his audacious staring.

"Nothing too exciting I suppose."
He taunts rudely as he continues to stare. Gurjin turns his chin up grabbing Rian by his tunic and yanking him close.

"Is that so?"
He raises a brow, looking down to the gelfling in front of him. Rian expects some rude or witty retort but none comes. Instead Gurjin smiles softly.

"Well, you look lovely."
He says sweetly. He looks to the Stonewood's cute face and carefully tucks some hair behind his ear, his hand slipping to his jaw. Rian looks off to the side, slightly embarrassed over the kind words.

"Hm."
He sighs softly.

"I'm telling the truth, my sapling. You've got the softest hair and you're oh so handsome.."
He speaks lowly, looking to the boy through half lidded eyes. Rian avoids the piercing gaze.

"Oh, quit that."
He huffs, placing his hands on Gurjin's chest. The larger gelfling continues.

"Why should I?"
Gurjin says smoothly before pulling Rian in for a kiss. The Stonewood hums softly against the Drenchen's lips as he absolutely melts into his every touch. They stay for a moment as Rian wraps his arms loosely around the Drenchen. The Stonewood only lengthens the kiss as he continues to fall for Gurjin. Each thing the gelfling does makes Rian fall further in love with him. The way the Drenchen carries himself is so relaxed and aloof. It's impossible not to admire his strength and resilience as he lets his troubles slip by him. Rian can't help but swoon over him each time he holds him close and calls him those sweet things.

"You're so beautiful, Rian."
Gurjin says just above a whisper as he continues to hold Rian close to him. The Stonewood tugs at the larger gelflings dreads and braids as he gives him praises and sweet kisses. Rian hums softly as Gurjin pulls away, his lips still tingling.

"Aw.. just look at you, Rian.. so swoon over one kiss."
Gurjin teases. Rian huffs, pushing Gurjin off of him.

"You're sweaty."
Rian complains as he glances to Gurjin. The Drenchen smiles. He wipes his hand down his sweaty face and holds it to Rian. When the gelfling turns to see what in Thra he thinks he's doing, Gurjin simply presses his hand over Rian's face. Rian squirms away, pushing Gurjin off of him once again.

"Ugh! Gurjin, you animal!"
He shouts, wiping the Drenchen's sweat from his face. Gurjin only laughs as the Stonewood fusses. He pulls Rian close again hugging him as he continues to cackle. Rian reluctantly leans into the embrace, resting his hands on the boys muscular chest.

"I can't believe I love you. You're terrible."
Rian grumbles, as Gurjin pulls away.

"Such a disrespectful way to speak to a nobleman, Stonewood."
Gurjin taunts. Rian looks up to him with a chuckle. He hates when Gurjin draws that card. The Drenchen only does it because he knows Rian hasn't a shred of nobility in his blood.

"Oh, shut up. Your status means nothing to me. You're still a big stinker."
Rian teases back. They both laugh at the ridiculous insult as Gurjin grabs Rian. The Stonewood yelps out as Gurjin flips him upside down, swinging him around playfully.

"I should hang you by your toes, simple fool!"
Gurjin laughs as Rian kicks at him. Rian wraps his arms around Gurjin's legs tightly, causing the boy to lose his balance. Rian cackles as Gurjin tumbles to the ground, dragging him along. Gurjin laughs as Rian sits up and on top of him.

"And after wrestling such a terrible beast to the ground, I emerge victorious!"
Rian guffaws as Gurjin fakes his death. Rian stares down at the Drenchen for a moment suppressing his grin. Gurjin cracks one eye open, to look up.

"I love you too, by the way."
He says quickly before shutting his eye once again. Rian chuckles, placing a quick kiss on his nose.

"I know."
He replies softly before laying down next to him. He gently plays with his hair as the Drenchen turns to look at him. They smile sweetly to each other as they lay together, just simply being.