Rian Trying to Fight Gurjin.

This takes place before the two idiots started dating.

It was unbearably hot out and no one was feeling well. Even Gurjin and Rian were silent and cranky. Gurjin hated seeing Rian so grumpy and although it's a mood often seen by others, the Drenchen knew him much better than that. Gurjin tried over and over to cheer up the boy to no avail. He relentlessly teases the stonewood in hopes of some reaction and goodness does he get it. Gurjin turns his attention to the Stonewood as he stops, throwing his backpack to the ground.

"Ugh! Shut up!!"
Rian shouts before he slams into the Drenchen, nearly shoving him off the path.

"Hey- take it easy!"
He shoves the boy back.

"You take it easy!!"
Rian responds with a scoff, slamming himself back into the Drenchen in anger. The two boys tumble to the ground, causing Naia to look back at them. She shakes her head wondering how they could possibly be roughhousing in this weather. When she looks closer into the scuffle, her eyes widen as she sees Rian throwing punches, the Drenchen boy swinging back just as aggressively.

"Oh- real fight, real fight!"
She says in a slight panic, unsure of how to get them off each other. Rian continues. He knows he's terrible in fist fights but he hadn't really put in any thought before punching at Gurjin. By now, they've caught everyone's attention as they tiredly watch this chaos unfold.

It doesn't take long for Gurjin to get the boy off as he lands a strong punch to his face, knocking him to the ground. The boy tries to pick himself up before Gurjin shoves him back down, the Stonewood knocking his head off the narrow dirt road. The fight doesn't end as Rian kicks at the Drenchen, both still punching at each other. They continue to roll about in their dustup as Rian kicks his heel to the Drenchen's gut, forcing him to stagger back for a moment.

"Rian!!"
Naia calls in frustration, watching as the boy continues to fight her brother.

Rian's done a considerable amount of damage but it's clear as day that he's no match for the larger Drenchen's muscle- beneath him or not. Gurjin continues to punch as the Stonewood climbs back over top of him, Rian's fist cocked back ready to swing.

Naia's clearly had enough of his ridiculous display and she makes it known as she tackles Rian off of her brother. She knows the boy has enough sense not to fight her and he squirms as she holds him down to the dirt.

"G-get off of me!!!"
He barks. Gurjin stands up quickly, his clothes dusty and his nose bleeding rather badly as he gathers himself.

As soon as Naia's hold lets up, Rian thrashes from her grip, still trying to catch his breath. It's no mystery as to who's lost as Rian lays in the dirt, rubbing his dizzy head. Naia stands and impulsively kicks the Stonewood, winding him again. She knows it was wrong, he'd already been beaten but she's protective of Gurjin and would do the same to anyone that dared attack him that way. She rushes to her brother, as the Stonewood pants and coughs. Rian stays seated, collecting himself as he notices something missing from his hair. He looks around quickly as the others stand away listening as Gurjin explains what had just happened.

Rian doesn't even notice as he continues to search. He feels relief as his eyes settle on what he'd lost, but the feeling vanishes as he carefully lifts it from the dirt. His hair clip. It must've broken at some point in the fight. He looks at the small accessory sadly, feeling much worse over its condition than the throbbing pains throughout his body.

It seemed silly and was often commented on by new people, but the clip Rian kept fastened in his hair was a woman's bridal hair clip. His mothers bridal hair clip more specifically. Aside from fading memories, the silly old barrette was all he had left of her.