Chats in Ha'rar

I didn't have much of a plan for this one so it's pretty all over the place.

The small group of friends sits in a small room of the Vapran citadel. They all sit on mats lazily— all except Rian that is. The Stonewood paces around the room wildly, he  huffs and puffs as he struggles to articulate his frustrations to his friends.

"I just- I don't- ugh!"
Rian scoffs as he tries to come up with the words.

"Easy, Rian. Just slow down for a moment."
Naia urges the Stonewood. Rian takes a deep breath but it's to no help. Gurjin watches in dismay as best friend throws himself further into his strife.

"I have- we have plans! We've worked tirelessly for this and she just-" Rian speaks loudly, but a weakness breaks through in his voice. "Seladon won't listen to me."
He croaks as he continues in his pacing.

"Hah- get used to it."
Brea scoffs thinking on her sisters stubbornness. Rian groans, he no longer has worries, rather they have him. He shakes his head, his pacing growing more and more frantic.

"I lived my whole life in the castle! I know every inch of that wretched place, I know the Skeksis! Does she truly believe I've no knowledge to offer?"
He shouts. Gurjin shakes his head softly.

"You're just a guard to her, Rian. She just doesn't want some Stonewood overstepping her authority."
Gurjin states softly. Instead of offence, (which they'd expected) Brea nods in agreement. Her sister still holds a few prejudices despite the changing times. Rian's eyes widen for a moment with an idea.

"You're a nobleman! Maybe she'll listen to you!"
He says, hope enveloping his tone. Gurjin shakes his head again. Kylan takes a breath before speaking to the Stonewood.

"I don't think it's that simple. I believe we just need to wait.." Kylan interjects. "I'm sure she'll send for you soon enough."
Kylan speaks calmly and smoothly, his tone is normally so soothing but now it offers little comfort.

"But- I- I just know-! I know they're contriving something evil in that castle! We- we can't wait-!! We-"
Rian cries out in his panic, Gurjin standing from his seat and putting himself at the Stonewood's side.

"Rian, please.." he speaks sweetly. "Come sit."
He says as he brings Rian to the comfortable floor mats, the edges decorated with embroidery and beadwork. As Rian sits, Kylan pours a cup of tea for the distraught Stonewood. Brea leans over and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Rian, I know how you feel. Seladon can be the absolute worst but you need to trust me." She convinces. "She'll come to you for guidance.. you just need to let her believe that it's her idea."
Brea says softly as Kylan hands him his tea.

"Oh.. thank you." He says, his voice exhausted and hoarse. "I don't know what I'd do without you all."
He says as he finally begins to calm himself.

"I know what you'd do-" Naia chuckles, "you'd worry yourself to death. It's like you're a childling all over again. Don't lose your aplomb, Rian."
She urges. Rian takes a breath and nods. He sinks into Gurjin's grip as the Drenchen holds him close. The others truly don't mind when they act fondly this way, they'd always been so close, the actions just weren't out of character for either of them. Rian takes a sip of his tea as he sits with his legs sprawled out, his eyelids heavy. He's oh so tired. He feels his muscles ache as he attempts to calm himself from the tension.

Rian turns on his side, Gurjin's arms still supporting him as he shifts. He lets his heavy eyelids fall shut as he places down his cup.

"You all.." he yawns, "just ignore me for a bit, I'm just going to rest my eyes for a moment."
He utters as he relaxes in his friend's arms. It seems like not even a minute later the Stonewood's fast asleep.

"Wow.." Kylan chuckles. "Just like that, huh?"
He smiles, looking to the Stonewood.

"Yeah, it's cute till he kicks you in the face."
Gurjin grumbles as he thinks to Rian's regrettable sleeping patterns. It wasn't as if Rian tried to, but he often acts out his dreams and it usually ends with Rian covering himself in ridiculously obscure bruises. Gurjin sighs as he watches the boys soft rhythmic breaths. Naia chuckles, moving her hand to Rian's face. Gurjin scoffs lightly as she pokes at his cheeks for the sake of mischief.

"Oh- let him be, Naia." He speaks quietly but with annoyance laced in his tone. "He-.. he didn't get much sleep last night."
He says, his voice trailing off at the end. Brea raises her brows as she lifts her cup to her lips.

"Is that why you're tired as well?"
Brea asks coyly but her intention is clear. Gurjin's ear twitches for a moment as he shakes his head.

"No- I-.. no."
He usually isn't such a useless liar but he's rather embarrassed speaking of it with the Stonewood dead asleep in his arms. The group shares a small laugh, trying to keep their volume down as Rian shifts. Naia gives a soft sigh, looking to the sweet boy.

"It's hard to believe he is where he is."
Naia speaks softly.

"How do you mean?"
Brea asks, still drinking her tea.

"It's just so different from when we first met him."
Naia shrugs, looking to Gurjin to support her statement.

"Well he was a bit skittish when he was little." Gurjin says, "he'd- you know, he'd just lost his mother- I'm not sure what happened exactly, but his father couldn't stop working to take care of him so he just brought him to the castle."
Gurjin explains, he speaks cautiously to avoid sharing what isn't his to share.

"To summarize, his life was sort of just flipped on him and I think it made him a bit of a nervous kid."
Naia speaks softly, looking to the Stonewood.

"You'd never know by talking to him." Kylan says, still surprised at the new knowledge. "He's so.. confident."
He chuckles, watching as the boy naps in his friend's arms.

"You know he used to be afraid of the dark?"
Naia blurts to which Gurjin gives her a shove. The Drenchen kisses his teeth disappointedly

"Come on, now you're just making fun of him."
He squints at his giggling sister. Brea and Kylan watch the to siblings quietly bicker as Naia shoves him back.

"You're gonna wake him-"
Gurjin says in an attempt to stop Naia, her foot raised and ready to kick Gurjin. Naia spares no one, no sleeping Stonewood and certainly no brother. She kicks Gurjin in the shoulder, toppling him over and waking the boy in his arms. Rian groans softly as he sits up, groggy and confused. He looks to Naia, her foot still raised and Gurjin still knocked over.

"Naia, each day you give me another reason to kill you."
Rian croaks, ripping laughter from his friends. They all share a laugh as Rian stretches and yawns.

"You say that as if you could."
She says with a sneer, her mocking smile aimed at the Stonewood's. Rian simply rolls his eyes. He's too tired to deal with Naia's taunts. The group continues in their chatting, just hanging about with each other as they discuss ways they could get through Seladon's thick ass skull.