#24: The 'thank you' gift

HAYOON | AT HOME

I was sitting in my room alone as I could still hear murmurs from my mom and dad, talking and discussing some sort of important stuff downstairs. I told them I was fine and I can recover from this quickly- But I'm not really sure about it. 

I didn't notice that the night already came as dozens of stars already appeared above the night sky without me even noticing. Wonwoo also drove me home safely and also stayed a couple of hours just to let me have someone while I waited for my parents to come. I also got to introduce him shortly to my parents before he finally left.

I lazily flopped on my bed wearing the most comfortable pajamas I can find in my drawer. I continued to stare at the ceiling while the incident kept repeating inside my head again and again like a memorable scene in a movie. It was also enough for me to recall the feeling of being so protected and being embraced tightly by someone else.

And that's none other than Jeonghan, my senior.

"If it wasn't for him I would be possibly worse than now," I said to myself. "I should thank him or something. Maybe beg my mom to help me and make a good presentable meal to bring at school. I think I can figure where his class is and I'll hand it to him."

"I mean, he's a literal angel after all." I continued. "So he deserves it."

As I kept thinking about him and his handsome model-like features, I felt my face start to blush as my cheeks slowly turned into a few shades of red. I tried to cover my face with a pillow as I started to kick my blankets out of excitement. I soon stopped and stared at the window close to where I was lying on. Suddenly forming a sad frown which is a very big change of expression on my side.

"But when I first met him... He looked so weak and helpless... He doesn't even look like he has the instincts to fight back at Kai in that time until I stepped in." I mumbled under my breath as I shifted back my gaze to the ceiling again.

"But when it was me who's getting bullied this time, why does he sound so vicious and so threatening?"

"Why can he be so scary towards others while he can be so soft towards me?"

...

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up very early from bed and walked downstairs to see mom cooking in the kitchen very early. I went over to her and kissed her on the cheek, greeting her a good morning. She had this worried look at first, but she later replaced it with a smile to match it with mine.

"Honey, I didn't expect you to wake up this early. The sun hasn't even risen yet." She said and turned the stove off in front of her.

"It's okay mom. I just want to tell you about making an extra lunch box that I can bring to school. Can you help me prepare another one?" I asked her, earning a very surprised face from her.

"Why? Are you feeling that hungry?" She asked out of confusion.

"Nope, I just want to give it to someone in a form of gratitude. I just want to give it to a friend that I feel very grateful to." I replied to her quickly.

"Sure honey, whatever you say. But do you really think you can handle going to school today? The school is fine if you don't go today-"

"I'm fine mom. Don't worry about me and I think I can handle myself from today. I'll be just taking a quick shower and I'll help you prepare the meals." I forced another grin and walked away from the kitchen and to the bathroom.

...

"Hayoon? Why are you here? I thought you were taking a break today?" Someone spoke as that 'person' proceeded to take a seat beside me.