#30: The old hag

"What do you want from us, father?"

I and Mingyu arrived at our father's office just to be met with a very furious, and surprisingly, a very visibly stressed look across his face.

As soon as we went in, we kept our poker faces maintained as we sat on the two available seats just in front of his brown wood desk.

As I secretly cringed about me even saying the word 'father'— I was able to keep it in and stay unbothered.

As we casually sat on the seats provided, I noticed the old man kept glaring at Mingyu angrily until when he eventually broke the silence and stood up from his now fallen seat.

"YOU HAVE A PART IN ELLA'S DEATH DO YOU?!" He slammed his desk madly and roared.

"Why father? Why are you so stressed about that girl's death?" I instantly asked him and pulled out an innocent face, trying to get rid of his attention from Mingyu. "Is that 'Ella' girl from TV important for you to stress about?"

"DON'T YOU EVEN START WITH ME JEONGHAN!" He roared again and pointed his crusty old finger to me.

"YOUR PURPOSE HERE IS TO BE MY HITMAN AND NOTHING ELSE! YOUR ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO KILL ALL MY TARGETS AND MY COMPETITOR'S CHILDREN AND RELATIVES!"

.

.

.

"YOU'RE JUST A RUTHLESS KILLER AND A BIG MISTAKE IN THIS HOUSE!"

.

.

.

After he ranted and reminded me again about that nonsense, he looked back at his other son and made his voice angrier. "DON'T YOU SEE WHY I SIGNED YOU UP IN THAT SCHOOL?! ARE YOU JUST REALLY THAT DUMB MINGYU?!"

"I SIGNED YOU IN THE SCHOOL TO GET ELLA'S ATTENTION AND ALSO GET HER PARENTS ATTENTION ON THE KIM BUSINESS!" He added.

"WE ALL KNOW THAT SHE'S A DAUGHTER OF A VERY WEALTHY BUSINESSMAN THAT CAN HELP US! WE COULD BE RICHER BY NOW IF YOU JUST DID YOUR JOB!"

I glanced over at Mingyu and saw him casually tilt his head over the older male in front of him. I witnessed their intense staring game as I just watched my brother scoffed out of disgust.

He doesn't even know that he's already making a fool of himself in front of us.

"Why sacrifice all my effort and time for a human that I don't give value to anymore?" Mingyu tilted his head again over the other side. "I know that you know I used to have feelings for her, but after you sent me abroad, it all vanished as time slowly flows."

"So I guess this whole situation is all your fault in the first place, what do you think father?"

The old man widened his eyes in shock and swept all his paperwork lying in his desk out of the way. I rested my chin in my palm by the armrest and watched the aged caveman rant about his business all over again in front of us.

Not until things unexpectedly shifted.

"I ALSO HEARD THAT YOU HOSTED A PARTY HERE WHEN I WAS GONE— AND DO YOU KNOW WHY I LET IT SLIDE? BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU INVITED ELLA BUT YOUR DUMBASS ACTUALLY DIDN'T!" He mentioned, making me and Mingyu focus all our attention on him instantly.

"INSTEAD YOU INVITED TWO USELESS GIRLS THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING UNDER THEIR NAME! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN THINKING—"

"DON'T TELL ME YOU ASKED YOUR PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR TO SEARCH THEM UP AGAIN!" Mingyu snapped and stood up and shouted madly. "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS CROSS THE LINE LIKE THIS?!"