#39: What do they deserve?

'Is this really it... for us?'

...

HAYOON | CONTINUATION

"Wonwoo? How did you— How did you get in?!" I said loudly, shifting my focus to the obvious stranger in the situation.

"And why aren't you inside your classroom? Is it supposed to be the time for your classes?" Wonwoo asked back, changing the subject.

"It's already our recess and it will be long when classes start again. Why are you here?" Mingyu suddenly walked up to us and faced Wonwoo directly.

"Tell me, what's your reason that you're here?"

Wonwoo didn't give him any other expression and maintained the serious one he was wearing instead. "The matter of why I'm here is all confidential. It must be only discussed with authorized people only."

Mingyu snickered from his response and still spoke, "Woah, now I'm glad to see how you really like. I admit it was kind of obvious that you're forcing yourself to act kindly to me back at that amusement park trip."

The tension was really starting to get noticed and it was really fortunate that Inha stepped in and was fast to calm it all down. I stared at Wonwoo for a while and returned it back to Inha, not knowing that soon dots will begin to connect.

Inha is the only witness to Ella's and her friends' murder...

And she said that the suspect was going to be arrested today...

Wonwoo isn't the type to sneak in, so it's possible that he was able to get in because of his authorization for working with the police...

It can't be.

Still, deep in thought, the four of us quickly heard a sudden commotion further from the stairs nearby. For some reason, some of our classmates also heard it and it was because all of them heard it from the top of the ceiling.

And once they did, the pure nosy ones went to peek first.

"What's going on—"

"Hayoon, please trust me and just face this way. Okay?!" Inha spun me around and held onto both of my shoulders tightly, not letting me face the opposite way.

"Stay here, the three of you, I need to go somewhere." Wonwoo hurriedly walked away.

"YAH! YOU CRAPPY OFFICER! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE US WITHOUT TELLING US WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG!" Mingyu frustratingly yelled and almost chased down the male.

Large thumps and helpless male grunts continued along the stairs and between me and Inha, it was starting to be a test of trust. I really trusted Inha was holding me from seeing something that can hurt me—

But it was just all quickly forgotten for a quick second.

"H-Hayoon?" A quivering voice uttered, sending thick chills down my whole body.

I glanced at Inha for one last time before turning my whole body around to finally see what was happening. I gasped from the shocking sight and stared at Jeonghan, who was being arm-locked by two men even though his hands were completely hand-cuffed.

"J-Jeonghan?!" I exclaimed, still bewildered.

I examined his whole expression and there was nothing more that can stand out than his worried eyes and his overall powerless figure. We were only a few meters away from each other's touch—

But my body didn't follow me when I said run to him.

The entire place became silent as only gasps and murmurs from students began to be the only source of sound in the place. Jeonghan was also almost on the edge of producing a single teardrop when his eyes spotted Wonwoo,

it automatically changed and presented rage and fury.

"YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DID ALL OF THIS!" Jeonghan roared and attempted to get away from the officers' hold, trying to attack Wonwoo. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!"

"WHY IS IT HAS TO BE ME?!"

Jeonghan kicked, shouted, and poured all his effort into fleeing... But he didn't succeed. He was later forcibly brought to the police car outside, along with Wonwoo, and left the school with the principal's permission and knowledge.

Meanwhile, I was just left behind bawling on the floor, nobody but my two true friends to comfort me and make me stop crying. The cruel bell rang shortly and classes resumed as nothing happened,

and it was just so... depressing.

...

3RD PERSON'S POV

Lunchtime presently passed by and Hayoon was still in her most vulnerable state. She told her friends her wish to eat alone and walked her heavy feet at the field, as always in the same spot.

And sooner and later, she finally got to release her feelings and sobbed her tears out

Her mind can't seem to stop repeating the same scene over and over again and make her realize what can be the boy, the same boy she just accepted and now loved very, is truly really who.

She can't forget how she begged and demanded Wonwoo before he left to give her answers, and not getting what she wanted.

And most importantly, she can't stand thinking he was a murderer.

'It can't be, he can't be like that...' She thought as tears kept streaming down her face.

'But the police officers, the handcuffs, that call from the other day... it sounds so... possible.'

Hayoon didn't eat any food and just went with the flow of her time schedule. Teachers and her classmates were aware of her but seeing how hurt she was earlier, they just chose to keep quiet and give her some space.

Classes ended soon and Hayoon was the first one to leave the campus. She didn't even acknowledge the faint calls of her name when she left. She walked back home, without him this time, and ran to her room when she arrived. She changed into her pajamas and decided to just sleep and wish this nightmare will be over,

until someone knocked downstairs a few hours later.

"Wonwoo, now the school and now at my home, what the heck do you need from me?!" The just woken up female angrily muttered, but also with a hint of tiredness too.

"Just hear me out, alright? I know I didn't give the explanations you deserved earlier so I'm going to give it to you all now." He whispered, but suddenly, placed his hand over her cheek and gently caressed it.

Hayoon was quick to swat it away and was going to slam the door in front of him, when his foot stopped it by fully closing eventually. Hayoon sighed from the view and opened the door to him, giving up from shooing him away and just listened to all that he was going to say.

"At the end of the day, everyone's going to get what they deserve." He sat and stared at her, with a somewhat unknown affection on his eyes.

.

.

.

"Even if it's something awful or great, we just need to accept it."

...

What do you all think of this chapter? I really don't know what I felt about it... But anyway, ummm... I guess it has to be done..?

*cries unevenly*

(don't you worry I'm still going to give y'all a happy ending (?) don't worry LOL.)

- raine