#12: Directions

"Ohhhh myyy Gooood this is delicious!"

"Yeah totaaaaally."

"Then I'm really glad you like it. I can ask my chef if you want some more." Mingyu smiled.

"It's okay Mingyu all of these are pretty enough."

"I didn't think you were this rich Mingyu! It's really unbelievable based on when we first met!" Inha spoke, still with her mouth full.

"That part was kinda intentional. I'm not really comfortable sharing my status and also about my family to other people especially in school." He said. "Can you two promise not to tell anyone about this?"

I and Inha were a little taken back about his 'request' but I and Inha still proceeded to raise our right hands and promise. He gave us a genuine-looking smile and later got back with our feast.

After we finished our meal, we continued to chat in the living room and I started to feel some pain in my stomach. I don't want to tell both of them so I tried my best to be quiet and act natural. As the pain got worse and worse, I was finally desperate to go to the bathroom.

"Mingyu-ah, where can I find your nearest bathroom around here?" I whispered.

"Oh? You can find one right there down the hallway. Go right and I think you'll see one over there."

"Thanks a lot I'll get going."

"Don't get lost!"

...

I followed Mingyu's directions and ran to the right side. I was looking around for any signs of a bathroom until I stopped in one white door right by the corner. The door looked like it was slightly opened so I decided to check for a bit.

"Oh yeah, I forgot there are hundreds of bedrooms here in this place." I sighed in disappointment.

I was going to close the door on my way out when I heard a big thud from the same room. I know I was supposed to be frightened at this point but I don't know why I still have the guts to check inside AGAIN.

"Hello? Is someone here?" I tiptoed back in the room. "Hello?"

I completely forgot what I was looking for and the whole pain just washed away from my stomach. The big room was in pure silence until I spotted a large closet by the corner. I walked slowly and slowly and I did hesitate to open but-

"Hayoon?"

"M-MINGYU! Wait Mingyu?!" I freaked out.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry! I just realized that I told you the wrong directions! I just asked one of my maids if I was right and it turned out to be on the left side instead. I'm really sorry to put you in this state..." Mingyu apologized.

"It's okay and I actually think that the pain from my stomach suddenly washed away when I heard a loud thud in this room. Your house can be really creepy at times."

"Yeah I do agree, but do you still want to go to the bathroom?" He asked.

"Sure just lead the way this time."

...

MINGYU | 15 MINUTES FROM EARLIER

I was chatting with Inha and I discovered that she really likes painting and basic things about art and drawings. When I told her there's one room that was full of paintings that belonged to my mother, she got really interested and asked if she could check it out. I obviously said sure and offered to lead her there down the long, big hallway.

"Where is Hayoon by the way? Did she just disappear or something?" Inha asked while we walked down to the left side of the hallway.

"She just actually told me that she'll be visiting the bathroom and she'll be very quick, that's all, don't worry too much about her." I replied.

"Really? I mean... I guess you're right."

When we got to the painting room, I felt her eyes just lit up and walked inside without wasting any time. I stayed by the outside and admired her from afar with my personal maid beside me. A very small smile was formed by my lips and I started to blush, not until I was interrupted by my maid tapping me in the shoulder.

"Sir, I can't help but just say that I think you told your other guest the wrong way."

"What do you mean the wrong way?"

"I heard that you told her the bathroom was on the right side of the house but it's actually the left side sir." She said.

"Do you mean-"

"I think she's going to find out eventually, young sir."

I started to freak out and quickly ran my feet to the other side. I was looking around the place until I spotted a human figure getting inside a room. I took the time to catch my breath until another human figure popped out suddenly.

It was him, he was almost ready to open the door until I pulled him back to HIS room. I'm not going to risk any shreds of evidence that he was there or he was even here in the first place.

"Hyung! What are you doing?!" I whispered.

"What is she doing here?"

"You know that you're not supposed to be seen by any people right? Father is going to kill us!" I whispered again.

"I know Mingyu, and you don't need to remind me always about it. But what is she doing here? Did you invited her for your 'small' birthday gathering huh?" He scoffed, crossing his arms and avoiding any eye contact from me.

"Yes I did, but this is like the first problem that I encountered about you with any of my guests. I know you know her- But is there a problem?"

The whole atmosphere went silent and he was the reason behind it. I let another small sigh this time and told him to just stay here and I'll get him something to drink after I deal with Hayoon. He simply agreed, making me leave his room and transfer to the other room that Hayoon was in.

I know that you're hiding something from me Hyung.