#14: Who is it?!

"Who is it?!"

After I heard loud knocks from the door, my first instinct was to run straight at the kitchen and get somewhat I personally call 'weapons'. And what 'weapon' I'm referring to you may ask? Well, It's none other than a plain, large, metal pan that was hanging alone from the kitchen.

"WHO'S THERE?!" I yelled as I lifted the metal pan through the air. "SPEAK!"

I waited impatiently for any response and the same loud knocks suddenly stopped. I was ready to smack someone with a pan- not until someone finally decided to speak back from behind the door.

"Hayoon?" A familiar voice answered. "It's me! Wonwoo!"

I stood there very shocked and confused and dropped the pan from my hands. I quickly ran to the door and opened it to let him in.

"What are you doing here?! Didn't we just talked on the phone like 15 minutes ago?!"  I scolded.

"I know, I know! It's just because Inha called me right after we talked. She told me the whole situation about you and told me to check up on you for a little bit." He panted.

"Okay..? But it doesn't mean that you're going to run your legs in full speed your way to my house! How did you even pass the gate?!" I asked.

"You eventually left the gate open stupid! I can't even explain how my heart stopped when I saw your gate left open!" He exclaimed. "It made me speculate that someone broke into your house."

I didn't know what to do but just stare at him very blankly. He continued to try and catch his breath, making me do a veeery hard decision for me to take.

"I think it's time to take my leave. I'm glad it's not as tragic as I thought and you're all safe and sound. I'll be leaving the-"

"No!" I cut him off.

"I actually thought of something a little more convenient and I guess a very 'win-win' situation for the both of us.." I started to blush just by the thought.

"I think it's a little late outside- So how about you stay for the n-night?"

I and Wonwoo stayed silent while I wanted to facepalm myself so bad right after. I was going to brush off the idea until Wonwoo, AGAIN, decided to share his opinion about the craziest idea I just thought of my entire life.

"Okay then, only if you feel comfortable about it." He looked over. "Sure, I'm down."

...

"Um... Wonwoo..?" I quietly called. "Are you okay right there..?"

"Yeah, I'm alright, you?"

Right after all that happened, I insisted that Wonwoo sleeps beside me rather than sleeping on the floor. Don't get us wrong, we OBVIOUSLY know our barriers and we also did make some space between our bodies and obviously ourselves. Now, we're stuck staring at the blank white ceiling as his black simple glasses rested at the side table. It felt so real...

..It is real...

"Hey, why did you decided to became a junior cop in the first place?" I suddenly asked.

"I actually don't know." He replied. "I guess it's because after my dad died from a very tragic incident years ago. He was shot right on the chest after he chased the most corrupt man back in that time."

"The most corrupt man..?"

"Yeah, they said he was chasing after the most corrupt man back in the times. I even promised my dad that I'll be putting that sick bastard stuck in jail." He chuckled with a small hint of sadness.

"I don't know what to say.. I'm sorry that I asked." I apologized.

"No, it's okay. At least I already have the most motivation I can get to do my job right."

"And what's that?" I asked out of pure genuine curiosity.

"I guess it's you, protecting you from that evil murderer is the answer to that question."

...

THE NEXT DAY

"YOU TWO DID WHAT?!" Inha freaked out.

"CAN'T YOU SHUT UP FOR A LITTLE BIT?!" I whispered with a little mix of yelling.

"Fine! But you REALLY actually did that?! I didn't know that you're such a risk-taker..." She wiggled her eyebrows making me slap her in the arm to stop.

"Stop it! We didn't do anything as you imagined. But we did wake up hugging each other by accident.."

"OH MY GOD, MY NEW SHIP!-" Inha was cut by a sudden familiar voice.

"Hayoon..? Inha?"

"Mingyu? You're here early.." I commented with sudden surprise.

"Really? I guess it is a little early to come to school."

"Yeah, especially for you." Inha replied.

"Haha, yeah."

They started to laugh and chat but I can't help but notice a piece of paper crumpled inside his fist. I took a quick glimpse over him until I quickly snatched the paper, catching him completely off guard.

"Hey!"

"What's this?" I murmured. "Dear Hayoon..."

.

.

.

Wait, is this a love letter? for me?!