#36: Capture

JEONGHAN | FERRIS WHEEL

"I love you,I confessed.

"a lot."

Hayoon and I were still inside in this small capsule while minute by minute, I struggled to breathe any air out of absolute nervousness. I felt each of my fingers tremble out of fear of rejection as I waited for a single reply from her lips, why do I feel so terrified?

"Y-You like— N-No, l-love me?" She recalled my phrase, still shocked.

"Yes, I-I do. It did take a very long time for me to say this but... I thought this is the perfect moment to say it." I responded softly but still avoided any eye contact with her.

"But Jeonghan..." She spoke my name sadly.

.

.

.

"I can't accept your confession, I'm sorry."

While I played with my fingers and looked for something to keep me sane, with just seven words, my world immediately shattered. I finally looked back at her with confusion and sadness written in my eyes while she just kept her pitiful gaze instead.

"N-No," I was able to choke out. "d-don't say something like t-that... at least for now..."

"What do you mean?"

"J-Just please give me a chance to prove myself worthy first, I-I really have many things that I want to do with y-you..."

"p-please..?"

She looked away from my pleading stare so I decided to go for her hands and hold them tightly. Already on the verge of crying, I was able to shift her look back at me and still carried on to beg for the same thing.

"Give me some time before you set your final decision, in 4 days, I will make sure I'll make you mine." I hesitatingly promised and gulped.

As a response, she sighed deeply and asked me if she could ask me about something first. I obviously agreed and let her ask me anything she wants.

"I'm just a simple girl, I'm not special nor that beautiful than other girls that also exist in this world,"

"But you, a perfectly gorgeous man that pretty sure has a bright future ahead..."

"We both know that, right? But why are you still like this to me?"

...

HAYOON | MONDAY

It was already the first day of the week and I wasn't still ready to go to school. I already bathed myself and was now sitting at the dining table, eating cereal all alone. After I was done, I took my bag from upstairs and washed the bowl I used.

Last Saturday was a total fiasco and a fun day indeed. My friends were able to drive me home before 6:50 pm and my mom was very happy. She asked where Wonwoo was to thank him and I explained to her from the start why he wasn't with us.

Finally, a day has already passed since Jeonghan confessed his true feelings towards me. I did take a lot of time to analyze what was really happening but it didn't take long for me to retract my words and give him a chance to capture my heart.

Well, in 4 days he said.

"Jeonghan? Is that you?" I squinted my eyes from my doorstep, locking the front door while I did so.

The mysterious male figure quickly turned his back and showed a big smile as always, it was him again. As his blonde dyed hair swayed with the breezing morning air, I walked towards him and asked what he was doing there.

"From now on, I'm going to walk with you every morning. I heard that you always walk to school, so you wouldn't mind if I'll be with you for a while right?" He beamed.

I shook my head at him and said, "N-No, not at all actually."

"Hehe... well that's good to hear..."

As time proceeded to fly, Jeonghan and I eventually arrived at school safe and sound. Classes were educational as always and even though Jeonghan and I weren't in the same grade, he didn't fail to spend all his time with me today.

I also noticed that Mingyu was noticeably onboard with whatever Jeonghan's plan is, that you didn't even hear a single question from him when Jeonghan asked if we can spend lunch alone at the outside field of our school. Also funnily dragging Inha away with him every time he does it.

"Hey, I brought some candies from home. Do you like some?" Jeonghan cheerfully showed a box of sweets and kindly offered some.

"Oh wow, it all looks delicious!" I complimented before I sat before him.

I was going to take some candies that I like from the box when he abruptly hid them and shook his head like he was teasing. I gave him a puzzled look that made him giggle for a bit. He explained to eat my lunch first and as fast as I could, I ate my lunch in a lightning bolt.

"Am I okay now? Can I take some now? I'm already done eating!"

I didn't notice that I was already acting like an excited child over candies when he promptly laughed and proceeded to repeatedly tell me how I was so adorable. I ignored his 'cute' comments after he, at last, gave up the sweet treasure.

"Oh wait, you got something in your face."

Jeonghan broke our distance and went close to me for a bit to get something off my face. A tint of pink can be seen visible in my blushed cheeks again so when he backed off, Jeonghan was all smiley and happy when he witnessed it.

"Go on, it's hard to get those from my maids so you better finish all of them. I took them all for you." He cutely winked, resting his chin on his palm while admiring me.

"Really? You sound like Mingyu now, always flaunting how rich he is even if he doesn't notice it." I joked, digging in the chocolates first.

"Well then, you can consider me rich now if you like it."

"Where do you even live anyways? It's not like I care that much but it's just that I already visited the others' houses."

As a long second passed, I glanced up at him and wondered why he wasn't responding. He later realized he was staring at me for a very long time and laughed it off timidly. I synched with him and repeated my question again.

"Ohhh... l-let's not talk about that." He laughed it off again. "But don't worry, after I settle some things maybe I can bring you there."

Lunch ended and another set of hours flew by again. Jeonghan and I were reunited again at our dismissal and took some of our time to visit some street vendors and bought some delicious street food. Before Jeonghan carried on to walk me home.

"I guess thanks for walking me home..." I murmured quietly.

"No worries, I'm really happy that I got to do this actually." He rubbed my hair, completely messing it up.

"Yeah, me too." I paused for a while. "Hey, Jeonghan?"

"Y-Yes?" He accidentally stuttered.

"Thank you for doing this by the way, even though this is just the first day, I really enjoyed it."

.

.

.

"A lot."