#27: Just a short journey

"Eomma!"

I and Jeonghan were still staying in the same position until when I spotted my mom's car driving closer in our direction. Jeonghan-sunbae swiftly stood up properly and looked away, giving me a good opportunity to get rid of my blushing cheeks. Her car eventually stopped in front of us as she rolled down the window to have a good look.

"Sweetie? Ready to go?" She smiled as her eyes landed on Jeonghan-sunbae not too long later. "Oh, is he your friend? Who is he?"

I saw Jeonghan-sunbae smile and innocently waved hello. I bent down to the car window's level and asked her if Jeonghan could come with us. She was shocked at first and was hesitant, but she later gave in. My smile got bigger as I opened the door through the backseat, signaling Jeonghan-sunbae to the same thing.

"So sweetie, you still didn't introduce this handsome man to me." She said as she kept glancing through the rearview mirror as she drove.

"What's your name, young man?"

I was almost going to introduce him when I was quickly cut off by none other than by him himself. He started to introduce himself to her and also told her to just call him 'Jeonghan' because 'I also call him that' apparently.

I was really shocked at first— But as soon as he looked at me with a big grin, I can't help but just go with it and probably discard the honorifics around mom later on.

"So Jeonghan, what grade are you in? You look way older than my Hayoonie~" She hummed teasingly.

"Stop embarrassing me, mom..." I mumbled as I looked outside, leaving Jeonghan chuckling right beside me.

"Well Ms. Kang, I'm actually studying in 12th grade. It's been really hard being a senior but I think I'll survive." He joked.

"Oh really? I still remember when I was your age." She laughed. "And also Hayoonie, were you able to give the lunch that you made to the person you were mentioning earlier? Did he or she liked it?"

I was taken back by her question when I felt Jeonghan looked at me confusingly. I started to chuckle a little bit while I tried to make up a good excuse. I didn't have any choice but to look back at Kai's reaction when he ate the chicken that I cooked.

Well, he looked like he was enjoying it... a lot...

"W-Well, he really l-liked it." I awkwardly giggled. as Jeonghan's expression changed and looked down to his fingers.

I sneakily eyed Jeonghan-sunbae's expression change and looked down to his fingers, making me a little confused yet a little concerned.

"Well that's good, I'm really glad that he likes your cooking. So who was the boy?"

The atmosphere finally turned completely silent as I was busy thinking of another good excuse to get rid of myself out of the conversation. I spotted my house started to appear in our sight and planned to point it out to maybe let mom forgot she asked,

until I was suddenly interrupted.

"Oh, is that your house?"

...

JEONGHAN

I was minding my business looking outside, trying not to listen out of the fear that I'll hear something that I don't want to hear. I kept staring outside until I saw Hayoon's house again. Her house is still the same as it always has been, I actually think this has been the third time seeing her house.

The first was when I took the opportunity and followed her secretly to know her address, and the second one was when I disguised myself as a 'random family driver' and drove her in this same very street.

"Oh? How did you know what my house looks like?" Hayoon spoke up, catching me completely off-guard.

"Oh really?" I pretended to look at her with a surprised look. "I think I just successfully guessed your house. Well, that's the first time."

I released a forced laugh as she just imitated. Her mom parked the car outside their gate and stopped the engine. The three of us got out of the vehicle and took the time to admire her home. The breeze, the air, and the mood were absolutely perfect...

No, everything is perfect.

As the three of us proceeded to walk inside, I can't help imagining myself living in a normal home rather than a majestic house and making a normal family with the love of my life, her, in the future...

...am I able to make that dream possible though?

"Welcome to our home Jeonghan! I'm sorry if you find our home a little messy." Hayoon's mom said while patting my shoulder.

"It's okay Ms. Kang, your house looks better than mine." I joked, unintentionally making it a little sad.

"Oh really- Goodness! What happened to your lip? This is the only time I have noticed!" She covered her mouth as she closely examined my lip.

"It's okay Ms. Kang, don't worry about me. I was just kinda punched hard by someone..." I forced a literally painful smile as I explained.

"You should have visited the clinic's office first! Don't let that long last and it will make it worse." Her mother said out of pure concern, making me remember how it is to have a mother again.

"Oh, mom! I actually invited him because of that. I actually wanna ask if we still have some supplies to heal it. Do we have a first aid kit around here?" Hayoon joined in as she stood beside me.

"Of course! Wait I'll fetch it right now." Her mom rushed to somewhere, leaving me and Hayoon together.

While we waited, Hayoon told me to sit on the couch and wait for her mom. She told me that she'll go to her room for a while and asked me if it's okay. She quickly rushed and went upstairs as I chose the decision to stand up to take a good look at her and their childhood pictures.

My eyes roamed around their shelf until I saw what seemed to look like a very current photo of Hayoon. I caressed her cheek in the picture with my finger until I stopped when I heard approaching footsteps coming my way.

"Jeonghan-ssi, where's Hayoon?" Her mother approached me and carefully handed me the first aid kit.

"She's upstairs Ms. Kang. Should I go upstairs?" I asked and looked at her very innocently.

"Oh sure, go on. Her room is the one that has the small sign in the front"

...

As I returned Ms. Kang with a big smile and gave her a deep bow, I carried on to go upstairs and eventually find her door quickly as I thought. My lips suddenly curled into a smile and opened the door—

But quickly and quietly closing it back again soon later.

'D-Did I just saw her b-bare backside..?'

Jeonghan goes on to question his overall existence when he unwittingly opens the door just to see Hayoon flashing her bare backside in pure accident. Jeonghan started to quietly and continually slap himself a couple of times as he tried to get rid of the image inside his head.

Jeonghan is obviously known to be a good expert in killing but he's unfortunately new when it comes to... these things. Jeonghan isn't known to be a 'pervert' but instead, he's the type of person who just can't help feeling awkward and clueless when it comes to these situations.

But don't get him wrong, he does know the basics.

"Oh? Jeonghan-sunbae what are you doing here?" Hayoon got out of her room out of a sudden and looked at me confusingly.

"Oh, n-nothing! Look I-I got the first aid kit!" I started to randomly sweat and forced a big smile and chuckle.

"Oh good! Go inside and I'll clean your wound for you." She smiled like the prettiest girl I've ever seen in my entire life, as always.

"S-Sure! H-Hehehe..."