#09: Meeting with Wonwoo

"E-Eomma! You were waiting for me?"

"Yes? Shouldn't I? You're already past your curfew!" She yelled.

"I just hang out with Inha for a little bit. We just have fun, don't worry!" I and Inha let out a nervous chuckle. 

My mom gave us a suspicious look before she finally cut it off. She gave us both a small sigh and gave us a small lecture about safety and some random killers. But before Inha got to take her leave, I took a quick whisper in Inha's ear and told her about our plans for tomorrow. She quickly agreed and left with her car. Mom told me to eat some leftover dinner but I simply refused.

"Thank God mom didn't notice how bad my uniform is..." I whispered.

I was thankful that mom didn't have to see the small stains of blood-stained on my uniform as Inha offered her jacket to me to cover it up. I changed into my pajamas and went for a small scrub while I sneakily hung my uniform up outside to dry. I carefully sat on top of my bed and stared at the mirror and did some reflecting.

"This is already our second encounter, right? Did I already tell myself I was ready to meet him again if he appears in that place again? Am I still going to continue doing this tomorrow?" The three same questions that I kept asking myself.

I got to stop spacing out of my thoughts when I closed all the lights in my room leaving the only lampshade on. (I always leave something on in my room every time I go to sleep) I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes and went to sleep.

...

HAYOON | TIME SKIP: DISMISSAL

"Okay, class! Remember to do your homework and be safe returning to your homes!" The teacher yelled.

"Psst! Inha!" I whispered-yelled, trying not to make everybody notice us. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, why are you whispering?" Inha spoke using a normal voice.

"Keep your voice down! This is confidential you know?" I whispered back.

"Yeah, yeah confidential-"

"What's confidential?" Mingyu joined in our conversation.

"Oh, Mingyu! It's nothing, we're just planning to go somewhere." I replied.

"Really? Where?" Mingyu happily asked.

"We're just going somewhere, don't mind about us. I-It's just our personal girl time." I stuttered accidentally.

"Suuure, it's okay. Besides, I have a lot of homework to do today. Bye!" He waved and ran out of the classroom.

"We're close! I told you to whisper!" I scolded.

"Okay, okay! Let's just go!" She whispered back.

...

"Welcome to our café!" A woman from the counter greeted me.

"O-Oh, thank you..." I bowed.

I searched for an unoccupied seat and went for a quick sit. I was welcomed with fresh candy-like smelling air which I surprisingly enjoy. I placed my messenger-looking bag beside me and took out my cellphone to waste some time.

"Wonwoo Is that you?" A familiar girl's voice interrupted me.

"Oh, you came!" I said in pure happiness, unexpectedly too.

"Yeah, like I told you." Hayoon cheerfully said.

"Yeah, we don't wanna go to jail." Her friend, Inha right? Said.

"Good, I like your mindset. Now take a seat, do you wanna order something first?"

The three of us took a seat and we ordered some drinks first before we proceeded to talk. I began to examine the girl's faces and they looked very calm and very comfortable.

"So, I think this a great time for you two to explain everything right?" I spoke.

"Yeah, I think this is a great time." Hayoon smiled.

"So you already know that was my second encounter with 'him' right?" She asked, making me give her a small nod. "So expectedly, my mom started to get paranoid but I was able to make her calm down and get everything back to normal. Until I went back to the same place when I first met him."

"So your saying is that you went back to that place?"

"Yes, yes I did. But I already kept doing that before I met him again. I didn't think he was going to show up! But before everything happened, I met the old man first before he was shot in the chest. Right after he fell down that's when we started to talk."

"Wait, wait, you started to talk?" I looked at her in shock.

"Yeah but it was quick and very odd, I really don't know how to explain."