#07: Investigation

The old man fell on the ground also dropping his knife in the process. A very loud 'Cling!' can be heard in the whole alleyway, as it echoed as soon as the knife touched the floor. I stared at his dead body and I just stood there stiff. I peeked at the end of the alleyway and it was... it was... IT WAS-

"I-It's you!" I covered my mouth in shock. "Don't get any closer!"

He began to walk closer, and more closer, until we were just extremely inched apart from each other. He had the same all-black outfit and he was the same cold murderer, I can feel his breath every time he breathes.

"You're back..." Said he. "You're really back..."

I can feel myself shiver as I tried to stay calm and look tough.  I can already feel him grinning behind his mask but I really didn't mind it.

"W-Why are you here? How did you find m-me?" I stuttered.

"That's a secret I don't wanna explain, but how about a small 'thank you' instead?" He let out a small giggle.

"What are you laughing about? Don't you feel... something..?" I gave him a disgusted expression.

And right after I said that— his expression changed and his smile dropped. He began to march towards me until I felt my back pressed against the wall once again. Forgetting about the dead body still on the floor, we stared at each other's eyes not daring to look away. We were still inches apart and silence took over the place.

Well, until someone decided to end the silence.

"I just want to take this opportunity to say that you're special and thank you for this short meaningful time, do you mind calling the police for me?"

WAIT, THIS A-HOLE REALLY DID NOT JUST ASK ME TO REPORT HIS MURDER—

"What?!" I exclaimed.

But as soon as I spoke, he already ran off and disappeared from my sight. I was left with the old man's body, still lying in a pool of blood, I quickly brought out my cellphone and dialed the emergency number to report the situation. I told them every detail and they said they'll be having the police in my location. Only 3 minutes in the clock they were already here.

"Wait, are you the same kid from days ago?" One familiar police approached me.

"Yes, I was the same girl who witnessed a murder from days ago." I simply replied.

He and the other officer gave me a surprised look and one of the officers began to ask me some important questions. I answered all his questions truthfully until when he asked for my mom's phone number.

"Um... sure..." I murmured.

I unlocked my phone and continued to search for my mom's phone number until the other officer called the officer, the one that was asking me, to come. He told me that he'll be back after a few minutes and I just gave him a small nod. Until, one thought kept bugging me, making me stop all that I was doing.

'Wait, I don't want mom to panic again, I don't want her to freak out again, I don't want her to be overprotective again! What am I going to do?'

I started to type a message to a specific number until I was interrupted by the same police officer. I recited him a valid number as he typed it on his cellphone and pressed 'call' moments after. His phone began to ring until the call was finally accepted.

"Hello?" A familiar voice answered.

"Hello? Is this Kang Hayoon's mother?" He asked.

"Y-Yes, I am her MOTHER. Why?"

"I just want to ask you to pick up your daughter here in this location, she just witnessed a murder 20 minutes ago according to her. Kindly go to this location and pick her up."

"Okay, but I wouldn't be available at this time. I'm just going to send her best friend there, is it okay?" She said with a very motherly voice.

Oh my God, Inha!

"Sure ma'am, thank you very much."

"Thanks to you too." She hung up.

"Okay, you just wait and stay here. Your mother said she'll be sending your best friend to come here and pick you up. Just call me if you need something."

"Sure, what's your name by the way?" I asked (for some reason).

"Ah, my name is Jeon Wonwoo. Just call me Wonwoo for short." He smiled.

"Sure, officer Wonwoo." I giggled but soon stopped when I realized that I was literally teasing an officer.

"Wait, you thought I was an officer?" He showed me a surprised expression.

"Yeah? Aren't you police or something..?" I tilted my head.

"I'm not really an officer actually, I'm like a junior or a trainee or something like that." He chuckled.

"Oooh, so you have witnessed some things like this...?"

"Yeah, pretty much. But I'm trying to adjust to it." He simply replied.

"Don't worry, I'll wish you very luck on that." I gave him a genuine smile.

"HAYOONNNN!"

oops... I forgot...