#08: The 'junior' officer

"HAYOONNNN!"

oops... I forgot... 

"I-Inha!"

"What are you doing here? What do you think you're doing here?!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I... um... I can explain-"

"Hello! You're Hayoon's friend right?" Wonwoo cut me off. "My name is Wonwoo."

"Oh hi, I'm Hayoon's best friend. Are you one of the police officers here?" Inha asked in pure curiosity.

"Oh, no, no, no. I'm just like a helper here. I'm the one who called you."

"Yes- Excuse me what?" Inha's eyes widened, the same as mine.

"Hehe, don't worry, I don't have the mood to snitch right now. But based on your voice acting earlier, you kinda suck." He simply commented.

"Excuse me, what?"

"You heard me right, as soon as I heard you speak I already knew it was you. Cool right?" Wonwoo quietly chuckled.

"Yeah yeah you're cool, but you're not going to do something right?" She bit her lip.

"I should be doing that right now, but give me a reasonable reason not to do it." He crossed his arms.

"Um... eh... how about we just do it tomorrow? Do you live somewhere close here?" I asked looking left to right.

"Yeah, I do live somewhere here but are you saying you want to meet?"

"Do you know the cafe that sells chocolate milkshakes? How about we just meet there and I'm going to explain everything. I promise we'll come!" I said.

And suddenly, in the middle of our conversation, a more grown-looking police officer stepped in and suddenly joined our conversation. Shifting all our attention and eyes to him.

"Oh Wonwoo, the chief needs some help from you." He said. "Wait, did you call her friend? You know you're not supposed to do that right?"

I and Inha looked at each other for a quick glance and we stayed quiet. Little droplets of sweat can be seen dropping from our foreheads until Wonwoo finally decided to speak.

He decided to team up with us.

"I actually called her mother and she said she can't go in this time and that's why Hayoon's best friend is here to pick her up. Don't worry, I got the mother's full permission earlier when I called." Wonwoo responded with a convincing expression on his face.

"Okay, I trust you on that. I just went here to tell you that the chief needs you. Got to go, bye!" He simply waved and left.

"Oh my God, I don't know how to say thank you!"

"Just show up tomorrow and we'll be good, I'll decide if I will tell or not. Around 4 o'clock at the cafe will be good. Anyways, see you two tomorrow!" He gave me a quick wink and ran back to the crime scene to help the others, leaving me and my cheeks burn.

"OH MY GOD!~ YOU TWO ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER!~" Inha squealed.

"Ugh, stop it. I think I need to go home, I need to practice some acting for mom." I murmured.

"Really?~ I bet it will be bad as my voice acting~" Inha commented using the same voice that she used earlier.

"Oh stop it."

...

"Oh chief, you called me?" I tapped his shoulder carefully.

"Oh, you're finally here. You were taking a long time there so I thought I need to ask someone to call you. But anyway, what's the girl's name from earlier again?" He asked, not moving away from his position which is just beside the victim's dead body.

"Yes, her name is Hayoon, Kang Hayoon to be exact. She just left with her best friend just earlier." I replied keeping a serious tone

"What do you mean she was picked by her best friend?" He asked, but finally moving away from his original position just to face me.

"I called her mother sir and she said she won't get here this time, her reason was too much work. Don't worry sir, she notified me she'll be sending her best friend instead."

"Sure, but this is not what I called you for. I want to ask you to do something about her from now on." He continued. "I need you to let her agree to guard her for a couple of weeks. It's for her own safety, it's their second encounter after all." He pointed.

"O-Okay sir, I will do my best." I bowed my head, trying not to make any eye contact or whatsoever.

"Good, thank you for all your help son." He grinned, as he gave me a small pat on the shoulder and left.

My hand formed a small fist as a small sigh escaped my mouth. I was able to calm myself and have my energy back to continue working. But despite the short sleep, I'll be getting after this, I still want to look forward to what's going to happen tomorrow.