#31: Pick-up

"Come on Mom! It will be really fun not to miss out! I promise I wouldn't separate with my friends throughout the trip, I really promise!"

I was already at home from school when I instantly started to beg mom for her approval about our 'amusement park' idea. I told her about our plan in detail by detail— But as expected, her repeated saying of 'no' doesn't seem to change.

"You know what just happened a few weeks ago right? It can happen again Hayoon— and it can happen to you! Do you want to be like Ella huh?" She explained her point and crossed her arms.

"Mingyu and Jeonghan will be going with us and I'm sure they can look after us during the trip. And besides, the trip to the amusement park is really shorter than you can imagine. It's really close to school!" I added.

"And?"

"It means we'll be very, very quick," I answered. "the park events mostly start around the afternoon so we planned to go before 3 pm. We leave before 7:30 pm—"

"So you're telling me that you're walking back home at 7:30 pm?! Hayoon, everything will be already dark during that time! It's too dangerous!" She cut me off.

"Don't worry mom, Mingyu told us that he'll be borrowing some of his father's cars for the short ride there and the ride way here also. Are you going to say yes when I tell you I'll be going home... how about 7 o'clock?"

She carried on to raise an eyebrow that made me sigh in defeat and change the time to 6:50 pm. She smiled like she won and thought of a response to reply to me with. While I just sat on the sofa, eager to hear her final answer to my offer.

"Hmm..." She rubbed her chin as she kept acting like she's thinking, making me a little uneasy and nervous.

"Fine, If you promise to text me back whenever I text you, stick to your friends like what you said, arrive back home before 6:50 pm... Then I'll let you go out." My mother let go of a low sigh while I beamed out of joy.

"OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, THANK YOU MOM!" I shrieked and went to give her a tight hug.

"And also, before I forgot," Mom suddenly spoke during the embrace, which made me look up and wait for her to continue.

.

.

.

"Your young officer friend is going with you, no buts."

...

TIME SKIP: SATURDAY

The sun is still shining brightly outside when I just woke up from my bed a few hours ago. After taking a short hot shower, I slipped into my blue loose jeans, long tucked shirt and a black jacket that I prepared yesterday. Completing it all with a pair of white converse shoes.

After the final planning yesterday, which is Friday, Inha eventually decided to finally go with us— And it's all thanks to Mingyu's nonstop convincing. I also told them about the exciting news of mom agreeing to let me go with them and let's just say, they were all equally happy as I am in that exact moment.

But the only thing is, I forgot to tell them about the very special guest that was also coming along with us.

"Hayoon-ah! Wonwoo's here in the door! Go meet him downstairs!" Mom suddenly yelled, pulling me out from my thoughts and startling me for a bit.

'Already?!'

"Okay mom! Coming!!" I yelled back and quickly ran downstairs.