#16: Cha Ella,

"What are you trying to do Ella? I know you're hiding evil plans under your sleeve." I retorted.

"Wait, isn't it obvious? I just want to be close with my future man!" She said very arrogantly.

"But why? Why can't you just approach him without doing all of this? This is not one of the simplest ways to get a man to notice you."

"I HAVED TRIED! BUT YOU TWO BRATS ARE ALWAYS ON THE WAY!" She yelled. "So let yourself and your other little brat friend keep away from Mingyu."

I was a little shocked by her tone but not really surprised. I was silent while her other friend tried to calm her down by praising her ass- sorry for the word...

We were later approached by a female café staff and asked us to be quiet, mostly directly to Ella. Ella quickly agreed and gave her one of her fake-looking smiles.

"Ugh, my mug is already empty." She looked over to her minions- I mean friends. "Hey, you."

"Yes, Ella?"

"Order some coffee for me and... what do you want brat?" She looked over at me.

"I... I don't want anything.." I responded.

"Mhm, sure." She chuckled. "What are you waiting for? Go order my coffee!"

I kept quiet again while Ella probably went to check her Instagram for some updates. I soon felt something vibrate in my pocket and a sudden realization came into my head, I can just call someone for help and get me out of here!

"Hey, can I go to the bathroom? I really just want to go." I pretended.

"What? You want to go?" She said. "No, you absolutely can't."

"Please? Do you really want me to pee here?!"

"What?! Wait, you can't do that! Go, go!"

I ran my way to the bathroom and locked myself inside. I took out my phone from my pocket and went to search for Inha's number. I typed her a long message and pressed 'send'. I felt more relieved than before, not until I spotted another notification on my phone.

"Who's this?"

I suddenly spotted an unknown number on my phone. Without thinking twice, I tapped to see who it was and I was really shocked by the message that is sent.

"I... I love you..?"

My eyes widened and my only instinct was to cover my mouth and keep quiet. I also felt sudden goosebumps and checked for further more details about the man or woman behind the message. There was no name but just the message alone. It was obviously fake, but how it's so simple makes it look and sound so real.

"ELLA? WHAT'S HAPPENING? ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"ELLA?! SOMEONE, PLEASE CALL THE AMBULANCE! PLEASE!"

Large, loud, terrified screams of help can be heard from outside. Big gasps and heavy running footsteps also are hearable from the inside. I got out of the bathroom and I was...

I can't even process what I'm seeing right now.

"Oh my God! Excuse me, what's happening?" I approached one young woman with her husband.

"We don't know! The young girl just fell on the floor! I think she's passed out!"

"Wait what?- OH MY GOD!"

And without warning at all, Ella's mouth started to make white foam which terrified the whole crowd gathering her body. Many people quickly left as my own body forgot how to move and remained in my position.

I felt so terrified and felt deep pity for Ella. Her friends were left weeping as they waited for the ambulance to arrive and get her. I looked around at the shop and half of the people were already gone, except for the staff figuring out to help.

"Hayoon-ah!" Someone called and ran towards me. "What happened?!"

"I also don't know! I think E-Ella was POISONED!" I freaked out.

"Oh my God... I'm going to call Mingyu!-"

"NO! Call Wonwoo instead!" I said.

"Okay!"

...

MANY HOURS LATER— AFTER THE INCIDENT HAPPENED

"Are you sure that you're alright? Do you want me to stay at your house again?" Wonwoo comforted, trying to light up the atmosphere.

"Oh shut up.. but I do guess I need some company after all this," I whispered. "I really hope Ella will be okay, even though she made a fake love letter and spilled cold water on me on my first day.."

After all that happened back from the shop, I was interviewed by the local police and was asked several questions about what happened. I answered them all truthfully and they even checked the CCTV's to see if it was true.

I was cleared and free to go.

As of now, I sat behind a black pick-up truck with Wonwoo beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder while we stared at the beautiful view in silence. I also brought up the message that I received before the incident and all he said is he'll be looking further about it.

"Hey Wonwoo?" I called. "Can I ask you something a right quick?"

"Mhm? What's that?" He looked over.

"I just want to tell you something that I should have told you before.." I sighed. "I know this is kinda unbelievable and I don't even know if I was hallucinating."

"What is it? Don't worry, I'll be here for you."

I took time to breathe and even let out a small smile before speaking.

"I-I saw him right after the incident happened. I eyed him far away and we even made quick eye contact before he disappeared completely."

"I think he's onto something a little more different than killing high school boys in the streets." I continued.

"Bare with me to what I'm going to say."