#41: Full of you

??? | 14 YEARS AGO

It was around midnight when I decided that it was it, I'm leaving my husband once and for all.

My husband and I had a very messy fight and I thought it was time to finally leave him. I held into two stuffed bags in my other hand while the other held my son's hand carefully.

I tried to show and tell my son to remain strong but it wasn't enough to stop my husband's bodyguards from catching up to us. And after then, we ran and ran as fast as we could but it was just no use.

"KIM BEOSEOK-AH! Why can't you just leave me and our son alone and give us the freedom we deserve?!" I cried.

"Why can't you—"

"Yah, Yoon Aeri-ah." He looked down over my weak presence, insulting me with his gaze. "I have already told you plenty of times to stop begging me for such big things but you really didn't stop."

"B-Beomseok-ah, I'm tired." I broke down. "You have already ruined all of my dreams, my life, EVERYTHING! WHY JUST CAN'T YOU STOP?!"

As the rain poured heavily, I still heard him laugh evilly under his breath. He commanded his guards to take our son away while I can't do anything but just beg once again. After he made sure that our son was far enough from us, he signaled his guards to take me away to an unsure place.

Where later, I learned that he planned to torture me to hopefully learn my lesson as always.

But this time, I didn't get to handle it like the other times.

Still, I'm glad that I had the chance to settle some things with Jo before I die to look after my son.

I'm sorry that I'm going to die this way, I'm deeply sorry Jeonghan.

...

HAYOON | PRESENT TIME

A day passed while I minded my business inside my room, sometimes spacing out numerous times. There wasn't anything that seemed to distract me at this point as my mind is just full of a certain person.

It was just all confusing for my heart.

Last night, Wonwoo went on to explain every detail about Jeonghan's arrest and it was very hurtful to hear all of it. After hearing all the evidence presented, I can help my feelings for him fade bit by bit.

However, I can still feel there was a part of me trying to prevent it.

After some enough staring around my space, I thought it would be healthy for me to walk outside with the idea that it will pull me away from reality. I pulled out Wonwoo's jacket, funny, and put it on. I also wore some shoes and brought my phone with me.

"H-Hello? Who's there?"

I was halfway closing the door when I saw a person standing near the mailbox. My body froze and automatically assumed it was Jeonghan again, wrong. Inha waved her hand over me and came up to me, giving me a slight hint of sadness in her smile.

"I was going to knock but I guess you already came out." Inha sighed. "Where are you going? Are you free? I wanted to ask you to go to the Han river with me."

I thought about my response and looked back at my house, before nodding my head and instantly walking our way to the bus stop without questions asked. Our walk was silent but I didn't mind it, it's kind of better this way.

After a rocky ride in the streets of Seoul, we reached our destination. We just planned to walk around the place and maybe make some stops at some vendors. I'm glad that I at least brought some cash for me to eat some food.

"Hey, did your parents know about... you know... Jeonghan?" We sat on a lonely bench as she asked, hesitation in her tone.

"I really don't think so. If they did hear about it, mom should have called me yesterday. I also didn't see anything about him being arrested in any news channels."

"Oh yeah, actually about that. I expected to see at least a single segment about him but there was nothing." She rubbed her chin. "...Isn't it weird that nobody reported about Jeonghan versus how literally everyone reported Ella's murder? Strange..."

I and Inha continued to converse about other things and I remembered that I still hadn't asked her how she caught Jeonghan in the supposed act. I waited patiently for the right moment but sadly, she still needed to go somewhere for a while just yet.

"I'm just going to throw some stuff nearby so you don't mind waiting for me a while, right?"

"Sure, I can wait here."

She eventually got up from her seat and left me alone. I looked back at the river displayed right in front of me and silently enjoyed the absolutely nice weather this afternoon, letting anything take over my mind.

"Someone asked me to kindly give this to you." A mysterious boy approached me, catching me to flinch.

"W-What? Who?" I stuttered as he kept handing me a velvet-colored box and a small envelope.

"I don't know who, he just stood over there and asked me to do this." He pointed somewhere as my eyes followed. "Just take it, got to go!"

I tried to stop the exact same boy to ask more questions but failed. My eyes glanced at the small particular box given to me and without wasting any time, I opened it quickly but gently.

"A ring? Who gives a stranger a ring out of nowhere?!" I whispered and looked left and right.

The ring was very small but the small square-like diamond was still very visible in the center. The whole piece was covered in rose gold and it was the perfect jewelry to wear every day.

My eyes now shifted to the envelope sitting still in my right lap. I picked it up and turned it back to back. But after reading a simple scribbled name showing who it was from, I began to run somewhere frantically.

'Jeonghan, he must be here somewhere!' I desperately thought.

I ran my legs as fast as I could and arrived at the same spot where that boy pointed. With the box and the envelope properly secured in my hands, I ran to random paths with the hopes that I would find him. I shouted his name everywhere and began to be frustrated, causing unforeseen tears to stream down my cheeks.

And because of that, my unaware self got to bump hard into somebody.

"Ugh, can't you watch where you're walking?!" An old man barked with a very raspy and intimidating voice, but immediately walked away soon after.

After apologizing and carrying on with my search, it all ended up with me stopping for a minute. I sat to catch my breath but still planned to keep on going and push myself to the limit, but I didn't realize I had already reached it.

Angrily clutching onto the same two items tightly, I soon calmed down and wiped my tears away. With only one glance at my hands, I pulled out a thin piece of paper and decided to read whatever it contained.