#18: Search party

FLASHBACK: LAST NIGHT W/ WONWOO

"I guess we're here. Are your parents still on that trip?" He parked the car as he asked.

"Yep, they still don't know what happened. I actually hope they won't." I murmured as a reply.

"Why? I know that you don't want them to panic too much- But there will be a time where they'll know eventually." He pointed out.

He gave me a small soft smile that made me chuckle yet a little bit comforted. I was going to open the door to leave when he suddenly stopped me. He took out a neatly folded black jacket from the backseat and handed it to me. As soon as I realized what he was trying to do, I tried my best to refuse but he kept insisting. I asked him why and he said it was simple.

"I just want something for you to remember me on. I just want you to know that I'm always here for you as a trustworthy friend."

"And maybeee someone to give my junk too." He joked and laughed.

"YAH! I'm not just a trash bag you know!" I retorted.

"No, I'm kidding. But I was serious about what I said. Don't worry, that's freshly cleaned and still neat. Take care of it for me."

I gave him a small grin and looked back at the black piece of clothing that he gave.

"You can count on me Wonwoo." I said.

"Thanks, Hayoon."

...

HAYOON | BACK TO THE PRESENT

I was looking for the restroom when I suddenly heard these very girly giggles from behind. I obviously went to look who it was and it was none other than...

Wait, are these the same two girls I just noticed from earlier class?

I was kinda genuinely shocked when I saw them again but I really thought it was just one innocent coincidence. I tried to hide it and move on so I started to walk away again-

But not until when I heard the same voice call me with my full name.

"Kang. Ha. Yoon." The girl with a small blue streak of hair spoke.

"That's you isn't it?"

"Uhm..." I hesitatingly turned back.

"y-yes?"

"So you're one of the girls that mostly hang out with Mingyu right? I don't want to be mistaken."

"I-I... u-um... y-yes." I responded with regret deep down.

The girl with the blue streak in her hair looked at her friend and gave her an evil grin. Even though I was already aware of what they're going to do, I still didn't understand why I wasn't even trying to run away from the situation.

But I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts when they ran in a heck of a full speed and snatched me by the hair, trying to prevent me from running away.

"YAH! LET ME GO! L-LET GO..!" I struggled to fight back, as I spotted one of them bringing out a white handkerchief, covering my mouth with it soon after.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHERE ARE YOU TAking me... s-someone... help me... please..."

And that's where it all went black.

But I was lucky that I didn't forget to let something very important fall from my pocket, hoping for it to help me from what's bad is going to happen.

...

INHA | SOME MOMENTS LATER

"Hayoon? Hayooooon..?" I called. "Are you here? Where are you?!"

I still remember when Hayoon decided to leave me alone and that was literally ages ago. And honestly, it was already enough to make me worried and a little bit anxious. Many things have already happened and I think this will be one of them.

"Hayoon? If you're hiding please stop hiding!" I desperately whined. "Stop kidding with me like this! I beg you!"

"Come on Hayoon! Show yourself!"

I have already searched every girl's restroom at our building alone but it always ends up with the same result, nothing. I also tried asking for Mingyu's help but I don't seem to have much courage to approach their table.

"And besides... he looks like he's having much more fun... with them..." I whispered.

Small droplets of tears threatened to fall down and I finally gave in. I began to tear up by a hidden corner and proceeded to try and wipe them off continuously.

"Inha? Is that you?" A familiar husky deep voice spoke.

"H-Huh?-" I looked up.

"Oh my God- J-Jeonghan Sunbaenim!" My face lit up.

"Why are you crying in a very dark place? Are you okay?-"

"N-No! I'm not okay! I can't seem to find Hayoon everywhere! Lunchtime is going to end soon and I think I don't have enough time to find her. Please help me-"

"Wait, are you trying to say SHE'S MISSING?!" His eyes widened.

"I really don't want to say i-it... but y-yes..." I cried more. "I already spent like an hour just looking for her. But I did pick up something very familiar, but I'm not even sure if this is even hers!"

I quickly took something out of my pocket and showed it to the senior. It was a simple yet beautiful hairpin, completed with a big red flower glued by the end for decoration. He quickly took it away and that's when he suddenly and instantly confirmed it was hers.

"This is hers- THIS IS HERS!" He freaked out.

"YOU GO TO THE REMAINING FLOORS THAT YOU HAVEN'T EXPLORED AND I'M GOING TO GO TO SOME OTHER POSSIBLE SPOTS."

"GO, GO, GO! We don't have much time left!"

...

JEONGHAN

I was frightened and felt a big source of panic inside of me. Hundreds of scenarios ran through my head as they got worse when I spotted a very familiar hairpin that got out from Inha's pocket.

'It was the lovely red flower hairpin that I gave her... well anonymously.' I thought.

Technically, I didn't give it to her 'person-to-person' but instead used my trusty maid to my advantage. Commanding her to slip it inside her bag as secretly as she can.

(But at least I also got to take Mingyu's silly birthday party at my advantage too.)

Even though she doesn't know who to take credit to, that hairpin will always stay meaningful to me. Same as hoping for the same for Hayoon too in the future.

"If I soon figured out whoever even dared to touch her, I'm not going to hesitate to kill them with my own bare hands." I whispered under my breath.

I marched and marched and pushed many people out of my way. I opened random doors aggressively hoping to lead me to any further clues or hints.

Soon, everybody heard the bell rang and notified the whole school that break time was already over. Many students proceeded to run their way back to their classrooms but I didn't seem to do the same.

.

.

.

Not this lover.