Seasons of Love (Christen Press x Reader)

To the person who requested a Christen fic, I hope this is okay for you. I'm at the beach right now with my family (finally got to train after a long time and I'm rusty as fuck and my body freaking aches) so I thought 'why not?' Again, I'm inserting my sport because that's the only other sport that I am actually familiar with. Plus I'm feeling very nostalgic.

This would be divided into 4 parts, each story focusing on the different seasons.

Summer

"That August time it was delight
To watch the red moons wane to white"   

-Algernon Charles Swinburne

2016

Cristen Press looked around the outside of the huge hotel. This was her second Olympics so she was taking it all in. Decked out in all US gear, her eyes took in all of the different athletes in front of her, wearing the same gear and going in and out of the building.

They were in the same hotel as the Swim and Dive, Basketball Men and Women, Men's Soccer Team, and Gymnastics and they were one of the first people to arrive. Then behind theirs pulled up a bus similar to theirs with the sign 'US Swim and Dive Team'.

Tobin stood beside Christen as they watched the Swimmers and the Divers walk out of the bus.

One person caught her attention.

You.

You wore a USA Swimming jacket, with your name printed at the back in bold letters.

Y/L/N
Swimming

They watched as you walked beside THE Michael Phelps, his arm resting around your shoulders. You were conversing with each other, huge smiles resting on your faces as you entered the hotel, your other teammates would occasionally join in but the conversation was mainly between the both of you.

You were one of the youngest people to ever join the United States National Swim and Dive team, having made your debut at the 2010 Olympics, Phelps easily taking you under his wing seeing as your S1 (Swim 1) was butterfly. Your name became a brand basically after your debut for the national team, easily getting sponsors from Speedo, Nike, and whole other famous brands.

Tobin nudged her best friend with a huge grin. "Close your mouth you might catch flies."

Deciding to ignore the snarky remark of the other forward, her eyes just followed the pair as they passed in front of them, the young swimmer shooting the Women's Soccer Team a very charming, heart-melting smile that never fails to get the ladies and gentlemen swooning.

"Looks like Pressy has heart eyes for a certain swimmer."

Snapping out of her thoughts, her head snapped at the goalkeeper beside her. Ashlyn rested her elbow on Christen's shoulder, her face sketching a huge grin.

"No, I don't."

Ash laughed at Christen's denial, while Megan Rapinoe joined in on the conversation. "Y/n and Christen sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

Pinoe then let out a grunt as she was elbowed on the stomach.

"You're one to talk Megan, I saw you eyeballing a certain basketball player."

That shut their teammate up causing everyone around them to laugh, her cheeks seemed to darken at the attention. Jill then ushered them into the hotel so they all brought to the lobby to get their room keys, they were able to catch up with the other US team.